[Serie A, 21st round] JUVENTUS 2-0 Lazio [22nd January, 2017] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Asamoah

• Khedira

• Pjanic

• Dybala

• Higuain

• Mandzukic

• Cuadrado

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Well I feel that game and the change of shape properly resulted in more questions than answers.

Juve started with good intensity and got themselves 2-0 up from creating one chance.

Lots of games become quite straightforward once you do that.

The front four functioned pretty well. Cuadrado stretched the game, the option to play long to Mandzukic is interesting and Dybala was very good as a pretty classic trequartista. Dybala in particular had to do an awful lot of midfield work in order to make the system function - with and without the ball. I'll take some convincing that he is able to do that every week without really suffering physically.

The midfield two got to play the game that Juve's current midfielders should be asked to play most games. The covered the space in front of the defence and moved the ball around okay. I don't think it's a role that either Khedira or Pjanic are particularly good at playing, but at least they weren't being asked to cover too much space or do overly difficult things on the ball.

Juve generally looked more focused than they have, but that may well just be down to losing last week. Possible that the change of system focused the minds, but not convinced.

I'd also be interested to see how Lazio (or anyone else) would play against that Juve team/shape if they were expecting to face it.

Could Juve have maintained the high tempo for longer if they'd had to? Because being outnumbered in midfield by Lazio, Juve had to either press or drop off - would have been dangerous to do anything in between.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Best performance of the season without a doubt.
I think our performance against Sassuolo was the best while the Atalanta game wasnt bad as well...
I dont know.. something about this tactic makes me feel it wouldnt hold against tough opponents

Yep, not sure it will ever be our to go formation, but sounds like we will see it more often imo.

CL formation maybe :boh:
Do you think we can play with this formation against Real and Barca?

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
it doesn't really matter. Nowadays 11 players defend and 11 players attack. Btw has Buffon's epic slide tackle been turned into a gif yet

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Great result, how was the match? How did we play? I loved the goals we scored, very nice taken.
It could easily be 5-0 for us.Dybala had two ultra clear chances.Pjaca for 7 minutes two also.Too bad we didn't score more.Respect to Alegri for deploying this formation and players.Lazio didn't do literally anything dangerous to us.Good for now let's see how we will play against Milan at Wednesday but with Claudio and Sandro back.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Well great victory and great result form this experiment which show us all Max is trying harder cus a douple pivot with Khedira and Pjanic plus Mandzu and JGC in each side almost noone would see that coming.

Early goals made everything easier. Bravo Max. Let´s see against Milan

OP
Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #312
    My ratings:

Buffon 6
    Lichtsteiner 6.5
    Bonucci 6.5
    Chiellini 6.5
    Asamoah 6.5
    Pjanić 7
    Khedira 6.5
    Cuadrado 7
    Dybala 6.5
    Mandžukić 7.5
    Higuain 8 MOM

MOM poll, please.

- - - Updated - - -

Lichtsteiner next please.
    :crazy: Licht has been a monster lately.

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
    My ratings:

Buffon 6
    Lichtsteiner 6.5
    Bonucci 6.5
    Chiellini 6.5
    Asamoah 6.5
    Pjanić 7
    Khedira 6.5
    Cuadrado 7
    Dybala 6.5
    Mandžukić 7.5
    Higuain 8 MOM

MOM poll, please.

- - - Updated - - -

:crazy: Licht has been a monster lately.
    You need to look up what the phrase "x has been a monster" up. He's made some horrible defensive blunders and has been his usual self in attack throughout the season.

OP
    Marc

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
  • Thread Starter #316
    Sturaro MotM for not playing
    Stop blaming everything on Sturaro.

- - - Updated - - -

You need to look up what the phrase "x has been a monster" up. He's made some horrible defensive blunders and is his usual self in attack throughout the season.
    lol Who's talking about the season? I'm talking about last 3 games he played, dumbass.

- - - Updated - - -

MOM poll, please.
    @JuveJay @Mark

Djabrail

May 23, 2008
    IMO we played great, like a proper European giant is supposed to. We could score more because Dybala missed two very good chances. Pjaca had two decent chances and I think he deserved to be given a pen.

I disagree. We slowed down a bit here and there but overall we dominated Lazio for the whole game. 57% possession, 90% pass accuracy and 2-0 was the lowest score we could do. We played very nice football at times. Sure, it's not all working perfectly yet but we have the room for improvement for sure. Lazio is doing very good this season, 4th in the table.

The most important thing is that we can now actually use players that weren't used too much this season, like Cuadrado and Pjaca. It's refreshing to see players doing what they do best, instead of forcing players into roles they can't do.

The new system requires a lot of polishing and Max has to keep the players fired up and suddenly our weak and bleak team looks like a top one once again :xfinger:
    :agree:

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
    Stop blaming everything on Sturaro.

- - - Updated - - -

lol Who's talking about the season? I'm talking abohttp://www.juventuz.com/usertag.php?do=profilenotif&tab=quotesut last 3 games he played, dumbass.

- - - Updated - - -

@<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=8588" target="_blank">JuveJay</a> @<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=2046" target="_blank">Mark</a>
    You need to learn some manners kid, don't go blabbering insults if you feel pressured by an argument, it makes you sound like a complete fool.

Regarding the Sturaro post it's a fucking joke, lighten-the-fuck-up.

Lichtsteiner hasn't 'been a monster' in the last 3 games even.

Let's take the Atalanta game:
    2:20 that weak pass, salvaged by Dybala
    2:25 the cross, weak.
    2nd goal of Atalanta...

The good things from that reel. a wrong pass directed in his path and he lays it with his head, if you can't do that as a professional player then I don't know what you're playing for, not a 'monstrous' thing.

The penalty, again, a mistake by Atalanta, was quite good from Lichtsteiner to be standing there, but not by slightest monstrous.

Your argument is invalid. I didn't even have to go through all 3 matches to prove you completely incorrect. Or are you going to back track and say you meant the 3 serie A games? :lol:

Here you go:

https://www.amazon.com/Merriam-Webster-Dictionary/dp/087779930X
    https://www.amazon.com/Leader-Phrase-Book-Powerful-Phrases/dp/1601632002

If you'd like I got pull with Amazon, can get you 30% off.

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
    please help, yesterday somebody gave a fantastic link at velocitystreams.pw but I have not been able to locate this streaming platform, can you please help for future events and other games? thanks a lot, unfortunately I do not remember who the user was

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)