Serie A 2019/20 (87 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Isn't that how a league championship should be decided or we want NBA style playoffs to decide the winner
I don't see why it should be first vs second rather than say a playoff among first, second and third... or even fourth. How do you decide that?

If England was faced with the same situation, should it still be a playoff between Liverpool and City?

I don't know anything about the NBA.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
Fairest would be to leave the title unassigned. Then basing it on the current standings. Playoffs render the hard worked point differences between 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th as being completely meaningless. I say it again, the only reason playoffs are being discussed is because Juve is currently 1st. The league has been longing for different winners for years now as the seasons have become pretty damn predictable.

Oct 23, 2011
I don't see why it should be first vs second rather than say a playoff among first, second and third... or even fourth. How do you decide that?

If England was faced with the same situation, should it still be a playoff between Liverpool and City?

How is it fair that a team until today had zero chance of winning the title, all of a sudden gets gifted a legitimate shot at winning it?

juve123

Aug 10, 2017

It is not a knockout competition where you want to involve the third and fourth placed teams and it would only be fair that first and second placed teams go head to head to decide the winner

Jul 29, 2017
Inter can argue that they theoretically still have a chance to win the scudetto and should be included in the playoff.

I don't see all the clubs be content with the terms in any case, and it is understandable because it does not meet their interest.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004

Liverpool vs. City is actually an even worse case. So the team that is lagging 20 points behind suddenly has a decent shot at the title? I hate Liverpool, but what a farce that would be.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
How is it fair that a team until today had zero chance of winning the title, all of a sudden gets gifted a legitimate shot at winning it?
Who are you referring to that has zero chance? Whether it's Lazio, inter, Atalanta or Man City, they all technically have a chance to win it. Atalanta and City may have very low odds of doing so, but how you decide this in a fair way? I don't think there is any.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
It is not a knockout competition where you want to involve the third and fourth placed teams and it would only be fair that first and second placed teams go head to head to decide the winner
So you're saying it would be more in a hypothetical situation to have a playoff between Liverpool and City (because they are first and second), than Juve, Lazio and inter?

- - - Updated - - -

Liverpool vs. City is actually an even worse case. So the team that is lagging 20 points behind suddenly has a decent shot at the title? I hate Liverpool, but what a farce that would be.
Of course it would be a farce, so the logic that it should be first vs second doesn't really work.

I'm surprised there wasn't anything already written in the Serie A laws about the possibility of something like this.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Atalanta in no way should be included in playoffs. The point gap is too big and this would be farsical to have a team in playoffs that is 15 points behind. Eventhough theoretically they could win the Serie a, it would be very unlikely in any condition. This should be between Juve, Lazio and inter.imo

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
There are 12 rounds left (36 points). If people are talking about other teams being in the playoffs because they still have a mathematical a shot at the title, consider that for a moment. Freaking Milan is 27 points behind us, why wouldn't they be in the playoffs then?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Fairest would be to leave the title unassigned. Then basing it on the current standings. Playoffs render the hard worked point differences between 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th as being completely meaningless. I say it again, the only reason playoffs are being discussed is because Juve is currently 1st. The league has been longing for different winners for years now as the seasons have become pretty damn predictable.
Yeah, if Lazior or inter were leading the table, their fans would be screaming for season to end. I honestly feel playoffs would be off the table.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Well that's strange. If I were inter ( :inter: ) I would not accept that I should be ruled out of a chance at the title with potentially only a 6 point difference with only 12 rounds to go.
So to make other teams happy you would include them in the playoffs and I am sure FIGC is thinking about the same

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Atalanta in no way should be included in playoffs. The point gap is too big and this would be farsical to have a team in playoffs that is 15 points behind. Eventhough theoretically they could win the Serie a, it would be very unlikely in any condition. This should be between Juve, Lazio and inter.imo
I'm not saying who should be in the playoffs or not. I'm asking how do you decide what's a fair point gap to be allowed into a playoff. Everyone will have a different answer.

- - - Updated - - -

So to make other teams happy you would include them in the playoffs and I am sure FIGC is thinking about the same
I never said what I would do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)