Serie A 2019/20 (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarloP

Jan 24, 2010
The play was initially ruled offside. VAR looked at that screen capture and said it was clear enough to award Inter the goal, which it clearly wasn't.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Seriously?

His whole head is beyond the line and his shoulder, too.
Is his head or shoulder closer to keeper or is it his knee? Looks like knee to me, which isnt offside then. But its a tough call either way. Are people screaming of conspiracy now?

- - - Updated - - -

Wat? His entire head and half his chest are offside.
I hate defending this :lol: but the angle is really bad

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Wat? His entire head and half his chest are offside.
I think it's on side. The right foot of the Parma player is a bit ahead than the head and the right shoulder of Candreva. There are two main optical illusions at play here. The first one is that the Parma player is way closer to the camera and the second is that the lines are crossing the body of Candreva but if you look closely, his foot is at the same place as his right shoulder. A very close call but it's a regular goal for me.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Is his head or shoulder closer to keeper or is it his knee? Looks like knee to me, which isnt offside then. But its a tough call either way. Are people screaming of conspiracy now?
That is irrelevant in this case, because both his shoulder and head are beyond the last defender which means scoring parts of his body were in an offside position. It doesn’t matter if his knee was more offside than the rest of him. If this were the case a player 5 yards offside could just stick his knee out to be on

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
That is irrelevant in this case, because both his shoulder and head are beyond the last defender which means scoring parts of his body were in an offside position. It doesn’t matter if his knee was more offside than the rest of him. If this were the case a player 5 yards offside could just stick his knee out to be on
His shoulder and head arent ahead. Look closer and compare it to his knee. The angle is bad but he is in line with Parma player.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
His shoulder and head arent ahead. Look closer and compare it to his knee. The angle is bad but he is in line with Parma player.
nah. He’s leaning substantially forward even with the angle taken into account. His shoulder is clearly forward of his foot and knee

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways. It’s irrelevant. Decision on the field of offside shouldn’t have been overturned as there is no way that’s a clear onside.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
nah. He’s leaning substantially forward even with the angle taken into account. His shoulder is clearly forward of his foot and knee
I looked at it again and cant agree. Its legit to me. Id like to see image with better resolution but seems like Var is using 90s camera.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I'm all for the video assistent, but the moment you have to put out your ruler and check frame by frame it kinda goes to far for me.
Lmao true. Either way close call and we cant reallt scream conspiracy over this. They dropped points so it softens the blow after Lecce debacle a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)