Serie A 2019/20 (76 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
It would be absolutely ridiculous if we didn't have some sort of advantage going into these hypothetical playoffs because we are the league leaders.

I honestly think the league would find it much easier assigning the scudetto if Lazio were leading. The only reason anyone is considering playoffs is because of the current standings.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Imo enough rounds were played to hand the scudetto to the leading team.

Playoffs i don't like at all.

Either give the scudetto to us, or just forget about this season.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Imo enough rounds were played to hand the scudetto to the leading team.

Playoffs i don't like at all.

Either give the scudetto to us, or just forget about this season.
There is a way to do it with play-offs, but if they take the played matches into consideration.
For example, we played Inter twice (6 points), Lazio once (0 points) and Atalanta once (3 points)
Inter played Lazio twice (3 points), Atalanta once (1 point) and Juve twice (0 points)
Lazio played Inter twice (3 points), Juve once (3 points) and Atalanta once (1 point)
Atalanta have Juve once (0 pts), Inter once (1 pt) and Lazio once (1 pt)

Juve 9
Lazio 7
Inter 4
Atalanta 2

Remaining matches:
Juve-Lazio
Juve-Atalanta
Atalanta-Inter
Atalanta-Lazio

Inter can't win the scudetto. Atalanta and Lazio can if they beat us and if Atalanta beat the other two.

This is more fair than anything else if there are play-offs.

Last edited:

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Don't think you can just end the season randomly at any time and give the win to whoever is first, teams have season plans and prioritise matches accordingly.

Im personally leaning towards leaving the title unassigned, but some sort of playoff may work

or Give it to SPAL

Actually, Delay Euros and resume the season during that time, not a chance Euros happen imo

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I’m all for the playoffs. It gives the season some closure, unlike the current madness. Also, adds legitimacy to our win if we go ahead and do so.

Plus, it takes away the whining from other teams if they go by the current table. Especially since Inter have played a game less. And let’s be honest, if we weren’t top of the league, we would not want the current table topper to be awarded the title either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)