Serie A 2019/20 (109 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Ah, the good ole Hist exercise.

Same exercise that led to you believing Inter would win the title two years in a row only for them to finish mid-table.

What?

- - - Updated - - -

I can't see any scenario where Bonucci is better than Skriniar. Only as a sweeper, I would prefer Bonucci. Even Bonucci himself has said his past 2 seasons have been below the standard.

I think most decent CBs beside Chiellini would be considered a top CB pairing. And still, it's not as if we haven't seen our CBs get overrun many times in big matches with Juve or the Azzurri. After all, it's hard for CBs to cope nowadays if the team in front lets them down. So I'm careful to place so much importance on team accomplishments when evaluating individual players.

For example, we would still win multiple scudetti with Skriniar-Chiellini in my opinion.

As far as MDL goes. And also Demiral really. Physically, I can't see any limitations to their potential and I'm a big believer in both. Personally, I place a ton of importance on Skriniar's consistency on such a clown show of a team. The longest his manager has stayed is 2 years and always under constant turmoil. The only thing Inter could say for sure is that Skriniar would show up, absolutely everything else was in doubt.

And so I place a ton of respect on his mentality to perform so consistently for 40+ matches a season. You could put 2006 Cannavaro on that team and still they would win nothing, so that can't be a factor for me. But also, I have a sense that MDL and Demiral both have this quality as well. But I need to see it first for Juve to be sure.
Fair! I dont agree that its simply Chiellini making him look good and I'd doubt that a coach would sacrifice the Chiellini Bonucci pairing thats worked so well for so long, so easily. But thats all hypothetical.

- - - Updated - - -

Been a long time since you last posted. What do you think of Sarri and also your thoughts on how we'll fare this season? Satisfied with the signings (MDL for instance and the others) ?
I think of him as a good offensive coach and our squad is at the top top level (even better than last year's). I think we will win the scudetto and exit in quarter/semis when we face a big team but the football we play along the way will be more enjoyable than what we saw before. Conte is a wild card magician but I feel the gap is just far too big for his effect to get this Inter and edge us.

So I expect results to be the same as under Allegri but the style to be better.

Last edited:

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Hard to compare like for like as Conte uses a completely different system with two strikers and wingbacks. Although, Skriniar walks into our team.

The formula for Inter is a proven successful formula for their ambitions. Get Conte as many players as you can that fit as well as possible in his rigid tactics. You will greatly raise the floor of your team. The ceiling of your team (serious CL ambition) will probably be lowered. But for restoring Inter to relevance, this is about as good of a plan as we've seen them come up with in years.

You add Sanchez as a reclamation project and you squeeze whatever little bit you can out of him. Maybe he wins you a game here and there in Serie A, and that's like found money compared to years prior.

I think they're a serious threat for a one year challenge. As far as sustainability goes, I favour Napoli. Napoli has also strengthened a couple weaknesses like RCB (Manolas) beside Koulibaly and depth attacking quality with Lozano.

I think they offer a serious challenge as well. Not as much as when they had Sarri but I expect our team to take a small step down this year so the gap will be closed just the same.
Agree completely.
Conte is a Great Manager. But his tactic is very rigid. He believes in 3 CB especially 3-5-2. He won with Chelsea using 3-4-3 but the next year he is back using 3-5-2.

I also thought this was the reason we don't try to get Conte returned. We really need to sell a lot of players and buy a lot also

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Both Conte and Sarri are in the CL this year, lets see how they do. I expect Inter to exit into Europa League, the real test for them is when they're chasing in a game because Conte is too stubborn to change tactics and there you'll see the lack of quality players. Sanchez is absolute trash, I don't think Conte would've asked for someone collecting big ass cheques without doing anything useful. Also, if we beat Napoli at the weekend we become the favourites for the league just like that.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Both Conte and Sarri are in the CL this year, lets see how they do. I expect Inter to exit into Europa League, the real test for them is when they're chasing in a game because Conte is too stubborn to change tactics and there you'll see the lack of quality players. Sanchez is absolute trash, I don't think Conte would've asked for someone collecting big ass cheques without doing anything useful. Also, if we beat Napoli at the weekend we become the favourites for the league just like that.
i doubt inter care about CL.Their priority is Seria A.conte won both sera A and EPL.
he took 10th place chelsea and brought them to 1st.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
i doubt inter care about CL.Their priority is Seria A.conte won both sera A and EPL.
he took 10th place chelsea and brought them to 1st.
That was a Chelsea team with a lot of quality throughout also with Hazard who is an elite class player. You don't spend as much as they did this Summer to focus only on the league.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Conte got his black Matri, now he completed the set with the South American Krasic and still has his South American Iaquinta. What could possibly get wrong at this very well organized club?

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
you do remember that Conte never played krasic or iaquinta right?
Yeah, I remember when Conte stopped playing Krasic and why, so to think Sanchez will turn overnight from the lazy, unprofessional selfish highearner into a workhorse, team player and leader is way too premature.

Also why would you think that he'll play Icardi, if he actually stays at merda?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
even conte can afford one player who doesnt contrubute defensively as much if they have the talent of Sanchez

on icardi, why would you think i would think that? i dont think that

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
On Icardi, I dont know, I made the Iaquinta reference for this reason only, he didnt play, wasnt part of the team, still getting paid, etc. You said Conte never played Iaquinta so I thought you meant that despite not playing Iaquinta he will play Icardi...

On Sanchez, I hesitated between a Krasic and an Eljero Elia, but decided on the serb as he was actually good once, of course cannot compare with Sanchez good level two years and more ago. And yeah, if somehow this old Sanchez returns, merda will look scary in attack. But I doubt it, since its merda we're talking about, they are like Italy's Man Utd or Utd are like English Inter, once they get a player he is bound to perform worse than before in his previous team..

In short, I dont believe that Sanchez will do more good than harm for the team, but I could be wrong and Conte could actually make him a solid soldier and a heavy weapon. We'll see..

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Inter and Napoli upped their mercato game this year, they feel it's their moment to shine, as we are in our most vulnerable position.
They have great defense and even better attack, but their midfield sux, even more than ours. (Roma's too)
That's strange because Italy always provided decent players there and there are plenty of options abroad too.
Both Conte and Carlo play defensive football and with that midfield the game will be ugly.
We are doomed to be the shining beacon once again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 103)