Serie A 2019/20 (49 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

You really need a breakdown of their squad vs ours in detail to see the difference?

Lets go about it in the reverse order to keep it quick. Which players from their squad would start in ours, which players would be a bench player?

I really cant think of any. Maybe Skriniar and Brozovic on our bench on a good day for them.

Buy on AliExpress.com

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
You really need a breakdown of their squad vs ours in detail to see the difference?

Lets go about it in the reverse order to keep it quick. Which players from their squad would start in ours, which players would be a bench player?

I really cant think of any. Maybe Skriniar and Brozovic on our bench on a good day for them.
Their starting lineup is pretty good, not a massive gap with us.
We have better fullbacks and attackers. The rest of their team is on par with us.
However, they have absolutely no depth bar a couple of positions which is why I think we are still a long way in front of them.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

At Juve we should be asking ourselves which of inda's players could we sell for plusvalenza?

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Hard to compare like for like as Conte uses a completely different system with two strikers and wingbacks. Although, Skriniar walks into our team.

The formula for Inter is a proven successful formula for their ambitions. Get Conte as many players as you can that fit as well as possible in his rigid tactics. You will greatly raise the floor of your team. The ceiling of your team (serious CL ambition) will probably be lowered. But for restoring Inter to relevance, this is about as good of a plan as we've seen them come up with in years.

You add Sanchez as a reclamation project and you squeeze whatever little bit you can out of him. Maybe he wins you a game here and there in Serie A, and that's like found money compared to years prior.

I think they're a serious threat for a one year challenge. As far as sustainability goes, I favour Napoli. Napoli has also strengthened a couple weaknesses like RCB (Manolas) beside Koulibaly and depth attacking quality with Lozano.

I think they offer a serious challenge as well. Not as much as when they had Sarri but I expect our team to take a small step down this year so the gap will be closed just the same.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Hard to compare like for like as Conte uses a completely different system with two strikers and wingbacks. Although, Skriniar walks into our team.

The formula for Inter is a proven successful formula for their ambitions. Get Conte as many players as you can that fit as well as possible in his rigid tactics. You will greatly raise the floor of your team. The ceiling of your team (serious CL ambition) will probably be lowered. But for restoring Inter to relevance, this is about as good of a plan as we've seen them come up with in years.

You add Sanchez as a reclamation project and you squeeze whatever little bit you can out of him. Maybe he wins you a game here and there in Serie A, and that's like found money compared to years prior.

I think they're a serious threat for a one year challenge. As far as sustainability goes, I favour Napoli. Napoli has also strengthened a couple weaknesses like RCB beside Koulibaly and depth attacking quality with Lozano.

I think they offer a serious challenge as well. Not as much as when they had Sarri but I expect our team to take a small step down this year so the gap will be closed just the same.
You rate Skriniar over Chiellini, de Ligt and Demiral?

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Their starting lineup is pretty good, not a massive gap with us.
We have better fullbacks and attackers. The rest of their team is on par with us.
However, they have absolutely no depth bar a couple of positions which is why I think we are still a long way in front of them.
Dude they started Rannochia yesterday. Even Rugani puts him to shame.

We have 3 of the best CBs in the world. There is not one team that has better starting CBs in the world than us.

In midfield they have no one on par with Pjanic, Rabiot or Matuidi. I wouldnt put Brozovic on par with Can either.

I was the biggest advocate for replacing Allegri for failing to deliver with last year's brilliant squad. Now that midfield has had 2 solid players added to it so its even stronger than last year's. Don't pretend its Inter level all of a sudden. It wasnt Inter level last year and certainly isnt Inter level now. Don't lower the bar for Sarri. Hold him to the same standard you held Allegri.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Is Milos the only guy that got punished for diving? Why are these helmets not getting what they deserve????

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I think it would be Chiellini-Skriniar if he was a Juventus player.

The onus would be on MDL and Demiral to prove they can overtake Skriniar. And that's certainly possible as well.
And Bonnuci? Chiello-Bonbon partnership has been one of the best in the world for years now. MDL is widely rated as one of the best young CBs in the world for an amazing showing last season.

What has Skriniar ever shown for this high rating?

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
And Bonnuci? Chiello-Bonbon partnership has been one of the best in the world for years now. MDL is widely rated as one of the best young CBs in the world for an amazing showing last season.

Been a long time since you last posted. What do you think of Sarri and also your thoughts on how we'll fare this season? Satisfied with the signings (MDL for instance and the others) ?

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Lecce is a terrible team.
Wait till they play a half decent side.
There were times Inter beat Sassuolo 7-0.
It has nothing to do with Lecce game. Inter were already scudetto contenders before the ball was kicked based on the team on paper and coach.

Like how they were far from title challengers in previous years based on the squads & XIs they had. All the "the anti-Juventus" and even "favorites" branding were laughable.

It's also peculiar to judge a team based on one game - Lecce or Sassuolo...or whatever better, decent side - or a run of results at the start of the season.

This just proves what I'd said in previous post. In an effort to learn from previous mistakes, you're using the same criteria but using previous seasons' standings as forecast.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
And Bonnuci? Chiello-Bonbon partnership has been one of the best in the world for years now. MDL is widely rated as one of the best young CBs in the world.

I can't see any scenario where Bonucci is better than Skriniar. Only as a sweeper, I would prefer Bonucci. Even Bonucci himself has said his past 2 seasons have been below the standard.

I think most decent CBs beside Chiellini would be considered a top CB pairing. And still, it's not as if we haven't seen our CBs get overrun many times in big matches with Juve or the Azzurri. After all, it's hard for CBs to cope nowadays if the team in front lets them down. So I'm careful to place so much importance on team accomplishments when evaluating individual players.

For example, we would still win multiple scudetti with Skriniar-Chiellini in my opinion.

As far as MDL goes. And also Demiral really. Physically, I can't see any limitations to their potential and I'm a big believer in both. Personally, I place a ton of importance on Skriniar's consistency on such a clown show of a team. The longest his manager has stayed is 2 years and always under constant turmoil. The only thing Inter could say for sure is that Skriniar would show up, absolutely everything else was in doubt.

And so I place a ton of respect on his mentality to perform so consistently for 40+ matches a season. You could put 2006 Cannavaro on that team and still they would win nothing, so that can't be a factor for me. But also, I have a sense that MDL and Demiral both have this quality as well. But I need to see it first for Juve to be sure.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

Ah, the good ole Hist exercise.

Same exercise that led to you believing Inter would win the title two years in a row only for them to finish mid-table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)