Serie A 2019/20 (30 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
That boi Immobile used to be ours. Year after year now banging the goals on a regular basis. I kinda wish we had given him a chance to flourish here. He'd have been considered in the top tier of strikers had he been scoring these goals for Juve instead of Lazio.
Yet he cant hit a barn door with a banjo for the national team

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Except he couldn't perform when he was younger. He failed at all his many loan spells except Pescara, and that was Serie B. And proceeded to fail in Sevilla and Dortmund.

It's ok, players develop in different phases, he wasnt shit then, now the is the shit when it comes to being a pure brilliant finisher. It is what it is, he is in the level he deserves to be. He turned 30, so I'm not sure he wanna risk another big move that might not work out again.
He’s currently the in-form striker (other than crazy Haaland ffs lol) in Europe. Never really rated him, always thought he’s a limited player and couldn’t do this at bigger clubs, but he does seem to be improving year on year at Lazio. Hopefully he can finally deliver for Italy at the Euros, because Italy have not had a prolific goal-scoring #9 type player in a very long time. They could go very far if he brings this form to the tournament.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He’s currently the in-form striker (other than crazy Haaland ffs lol) in Europe. Never really rated him, always thought he’s a limited player and couldn’t do this at bigger clubs, but he does seem to be improving year on year at Lazio. Hopefully he can finally deliver for Italy at the Euros, because Italy have not had a prolific goal-scoring #9 type player in a very long time. They could go very far if he brings this form to the tournament.
is he technical enough for Mancini's Italy? I would say, someone on his form, should be impossible to keep out of the team but i'm not sure he suits it stylewise so when he isn't banging in goals for them they might be better off with a false 9

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Except he couldn't perform when he was younger. He failed at all his many loan spells except Pescara, and that was Serie B. And proceeded to fail in Sevilla and Dortmund.

It's ok, players develop in different phases, he wasnt shit then, now the is the shit when it comes to being a pure brilliant finisher. It is what it is, he is in the level he deserves to be. He turned 30, so I'm not sure he wanna risk another big move that might not work out again.
Yeah he seems to be one of those players that can only deliver at Italian clubs. I agree with you he shouldnt move to another club. This is as good as it gets for him. He should try to cement a legend status at Lazio before he retires.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
is he technical enough for Mancini's Italy? I would say, someone on his form, should be impossible to keep out of the team but i'm not sure he suits it stylewise so when he isn't banging in goals for them they might be better off with a false 9
hes underrated in this.

he's no ronaldo, but i'd say his old up play and distributing is right on par with higuain. that mkaes up for his technique.

thats why he has 5 assists in serie a.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
According to Tuz in the summer, it was Sarri holding them back from reaching their true potential. Thank good they got rid of that hack. They have improved massively after he left. The same with Chelsea by the way.
Also it’s interesting to note that the man manager Carlo couldn’t keep a hold on the squad but Sarri did.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Allan has been left out of Napoli squad for their coppa match after he reacted angrily to being subbed in Fiorentina match.
what are you waiting for Fab?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Also it’s interesting to note that the man manager Carlo couldn’t keep a hold on the squad but Sarri did.
People complain over stupid things.
I wasnt among the ones who wanted Sarri although I did see positives in getting him but its all irrelevant now as Sarri is our coach and seeing some already wishing him to fail - for me its like saying "I dont want Juve to win" and this is not being a fan!
As long as Sarri is here I want him to win everything no matter what style we play! (and I really dislike Sarri`s gameplay although at Juve with the 4-3-1-2 I find it more tolerable..)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Inda signing victor moses on loan :lol: 2 serious injuries this season, with a handful of appearances and in the meantime inda trying to offload their big 20+ mill wing back signing from Germany that nobody had heard of

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The way Lazio play perfectly suits him now. He is still fairly one-dimensional but in a team that suits and is geared around him finishing chances then in this kind of form and confidence he can smash it.

Italy is a different thing, because the onus and style might not be dissimilar, but it's not set up with him in mind, he's only one of two options, the play is less familiar, etc.

Besides, what is he now, 29? Absolute classic age for an Italian striker to peak. You can see he is confident in absolutely everything he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)