Serie A 2017/18 (120 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Spalletti improves them, but maybe you should try watching them? I have. If Icardi is off for few games they drop points, they lack quality, they won't win CL title. Plus Spalletti is not a title winning coach, just more competent then what they had.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
I'm not disagreeing with you; in fact, I stated in my earlier post that their performances have been highly unconvincing. I have watched 4 or 5 of their games this season, and they didn't strike me as anything special. However, they might be able to keep scraping by, especially against the smaller teams, and after next week's game against Napoli, they only have to play us and Lazio.

They're definitely not a title winning team, but neither were we in Conte's 1st season here.

- - - Updated - - -

Inter is not title winning material this season, Spalletti is a smart coach and with him they'll target CL places much better than previously, but that's all they should aspire to.

Unless one of Insigne/Mertens has a serious setback, I suspect that Napoli will be in the Scudetto fight with us until the end, so I agree with Osman, Napoli dropping points would be great for us, they're the only competition I'd worry about this season.
We were not a title winning team in Conte's 1st season either, so I wouldn't disregard them just yet.

I don't think we look like a title winning team this year, unless we improve drastically. We have been largely unconvincing in most of our games, especially in the CL, and scoring a lot of goals shouldn't mask our obvious deficiencies in defense, and to a certain extent, midfield.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
We were not a title winning team in Conte's 1st season either, so I wouldn't disregard them just yet.

I don't think we look like a title winning team this year, unless we improve drastically. We have been largely unconvincing in most of our games, especially in the CL, and scoring a lot of goals shouldn't mask our obvious deficiencies in defense, and to a certain extent, midfield.
We played good football under Conte though and dominated almost all of our games, Inter this far have been a bit lucky to have picked as many points as they have, they're more similar to Ranieri's Juventus rather than Conte's

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Serie A is entertaining as fuck :tuttosport:

Watched 2 EPL games this season both ended 0-0 (Liverpool-MU and Chelsea-Arsenal).
If this was an EPL game , you would've said teams don't know how to defend. Let's face it, Serie A has become entertaining because of the lack of quality.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Maybe the quality of attacking has increased?
Perhaps. A lot of teams are offensive minded these days. Atalanta for example. It's as much a change of tactics as it is down to lack of quality defenders. So we can't be hypocritically bashing the EPL when teams defend like clowns in Serie A.
Basically , lack of quality defending has generally become a norm in every league.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If this was an EPL game , you would've said teams don't know how to defend. Let's face it, Serie A has become entertaining because of the lack of quality.
It has become more mindless and open , that's why the entertainment value gone up in bigger games, less strong tactically and defensively and more attacking sides.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not just that, you can't beat the atmosphere and the drama of a big Italian game. The Milan derby looked and sounded amazing, with the choreographies, packed San Siri and the chants.
Well ofcourse, Italy will allways have that, there are no one as fanatic about footie, probably only in South America or Greek derbies where footie is life or death scenarios.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Well ofcourse, Italy will allways have that, there are no one as fanatic about footie, probably only in South America or Greek derbies where footie is life or death scenarios.

Turkey is by far the most fanatic.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

Some Eastern European leagues too, though often not in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 119)