Serie A 2016/2017 (105 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Sometimes you need to know when to just not hit send in your post. Whats this post even supposed to say? Monchi being a foreigner means little for his competence, which is highly proven due to the fact he has been doing things pretty amazingly for Sevilla for over a decade. Its the kind of competence Roma lack so its big coup for them. Rest remains to be seen, but why the negavitiy, its really weird?
Doing well in one club especially in a club where he understands the culture doesn't necessarily translate itself elsewhere especially abroad and at a club like roma which seems to lack any real direction, or any sort of plan. I didn't question Monchi's competence but you have to look at the bigger picture Rudi Garcia seemed like a big coup at the time he was appointed too following his success with Lille.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
What does Rudi the coach have anything to do with Monchi the General manager? Yes things will be different in foreign land for him, but he has vast connections in spain, south american and french market, and knows how to scout and work within limited budget very well. Should be fine doing his job of competently running a football club. Sevilla lacked direction and plans too, thats why they put him in charge to provide that.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
hes fighting for the top scorer title, they play the bottom last team, and he gets subbed out. understandable, and a pointless decision by Spalletti
Nah. It was 4-0. They have Lazio-Milan-Juventus next and Spalletti wants Dzeko fresh and ready to go for those matches which will determine whether Roma finish second or third which is huge for them. No sense risking injury to Dzeko at the end of a blow-out with that fixture list coming up. Nor is there a reason for Dzeko to be burning energy trying to score in the last 15 minutes of a match like that. Good decision from Spalletti and I don't even like the guy. Dzeko is a moron and looked like a colossal idiot getting mad at the coach for subbing him up 4-0.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Nah. It was 4-0. They have Lazio-Milan-Juventus next and Spalletti wants Dzeko fresh and ready to go for those matches which will determine whether Roma finish second or third which is huge for them. No sense risking injury to Dzeko at the end of a blow-out with that fixture list coming up. Nor is there a reason for Dzeko to be burning energy trying to score in the last 15 minutes of a match like that. Good decision from Spalletti and I don't even like the guy. Dzeko is a moron and looked like a colossal idiot getting mad at the coach for subbing him up 4-0.
it was a pointless sub, its not even like they have/had any games midweek in the coming period or in the last couple of weeks, they play once a week and Dzeko is like the least workrateish striker on the planet, so chances of him ever being tired are exactly zero. if anything, he should have subbed out some of the more working players like Nainggolan (maybe he did, no idea as i didnt watch the game). but you can clearly see it means a lot for Dzeko to finish as top scorer, and making your best striker dissatisfied like this was a stupid move

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Pointless sub? Yeah. I'm sure it would have been great if Dzeko was injured or something of that sort, chasing a goal up 4-0 in the 85th minute. Great plan. Especially while locked in a battle for 2nd place and automatic CL group stage. :lol:

Maybe Dzeko shouldn't have been a dunce, and finished a couple of the many chances he did get if he wants to be top scorer.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Hope they lose against Lazio and we win against Atlantic and then get the scudetto in the derby della Mole. So we will go into the second CL semi game with the scudetto in the pocket.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok and if this not will happen, we will win the scudetto one week later in Rome. Would also be quite funny.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
it was a pointless sub, its not even like they have/had any games midweek in the coming period or in the last couple of weeks, they play once a week and Dzeko is like the least workrateish striker on the planet, so chances of him ever being tired are exactly zero. if anything, he should have subbed out some of the more working players like Nainggolan (maybe he did, no idea as i didnt watch the game). but you can clearly see it means a lot for Dzeko to finish as top scorer, and making your best striker dissatisfied like this was a stupid move
Pointless :lol:
He's their only striker and they're fighting for second place. Please stop spewing shit all the time.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Pointless :lol:
He's their only striker and they're fighting for second place. Please stop spewing shit all the time.
no, youre the one spewing shit, please dont quote if you dont know what youre talking about. was Dzeko tired because they played a high intensity game so he needed a rest? lol no. did they have a game midweek before this one, or the week before? nope. do they have a game midweek after this one, or any other week until the end of the season? ofcourse not. were there players that could use a rest more than Dzeko? yes, Radja and Strootman come to mind. the only thing this sub has accomplished for Spalletti was make his best striker dissatisfied, which is why it was a stupid thing to do. Guardiolaesque

- - - Updated - - -

Pointless sub? Yeah. I'm sure it would have been great if Dzeko was injured or something of that sort, chasing a goal up 4-0 in the 85th minute. Great plan. Especially while locked in a battle for 2nd place and automatic CL group stage. :lol:

Maybe Dzeko shouldn't have been a dunce, and finished a couple of the many chances he did get if he wants to be top scorer.
ah injuries ::lol3:: im sure they could have beaten Pescara with 4-5 starters rested, stupid Spalletti risking so many injuries y playing them all. imagine if Nainggolan or Salah got injured, wtf was Spalletti thinking for leaving them out there the whole game.

whether Dzeko is a dunce or not is irrelevant to the point that Spalletti made him angry yesterday with his sub

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
In regards to Monchi.

Does anyone find it weird that with all the success he had at Sevilla, that they would let him go without putting up a fight?

dbochev

Aug 27, 2010
In regards to Monchi.

Does anyone find it weird that with all the success he had at Sevilla, that they would let him go without putting up a fight?
They did put up a fight as far as I recall reading. Offered him a new contract, higher salary, so on. Dude's been there for 19 years, time for a change I guess.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
They did put up a fight as far as I recall reading. Offered him a new contract, higher salary, so on. Dude's been there for 19 years, time for a change I guess.
I wasn't aware of that. That makes perfect sense if that is true.

Beppe is going to have some competition. Good. It will keep him on his toes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 103)