[Seria A] Roma - Juventus (2 Viewers)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
It was a PK shoot-out ...thats only an "official" win.....

So u want an adventure where u could win with a deflected shot:p?

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Despite what you may think...Juventini still remember this game (see below) much more vividly than this one....2-1 is typical score..the game (see bottom) was not
Too bad for them it want happen again cause when their first team players go away after this season :totti: can lead the team only into the seria b

romanista

Mar 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++
but how can u admire and be proud for a team, when every match ends with a fight, on and off the field?
how can u be proud of totti, when he fouls and then complaing about it?
how many teams do act like that?
i know romanistas that are proud for the fighting spirit, their team has, they think they are so cool when they beat or stab anothers teams fans,
"we are roma the great, the wolves, we sould be feared, noone messes with us in rome"
BTW, u know there is always SS lazio
how can u admire a team that has been PROVEN DOPED UP

how can u admire a team that ends every match with CONTRAVERTIAL wins

how can u admire a team that buys games the think they can't win

i heard juve fans say there content with their shady wins

im live here in Rome and have been to many game

ur comments are hearsay

romanista

Mar 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++

i know that fights happen every day between every teams around the world, i never said ALL roma fans, are the same,
fans and teams have more or less the same attidute(on doping matters too :Di m glad we agree):angel:
but there is a great percentage of troublemaker fans between the ranks of lazio and roma, i havent personally been in italy but from what i ve heart from media and friends it seems to me roma crossed the line too many times and their players provoking caracter doesnt help much to avoid this,
i dont see in every match a player, who plays against his former team the attidute roma fans had on zebina,
calling him monkey, throwing flares, bottles and other items,
combined with the attidute of players on the field,
wtf zebina wasnt totti for roma, zebina is the one to be blamed for their current position? what inter sould do for canna and what we sould do for zz?
stupid mentality, in rome its cool to be stupid,
del neri said "In my view, we won 1-0" stupid coach, stupid comment, roma owns the victory at this game?
doesnt comments like that put even more hate in fans hearts?,
we were attacking till we scored and when they equalised, it took us5' to win back the advantage, then we stood back and they had all the time of the world to beet us and proove they sould take the win, the ref didn t favour juve, the result favoured juve, the ref did mistakes both sides, we can ask a penalty on canna, a goal from imbra and clear red cards for totti and cufre, what they can ask? they scored by a brilliant pass, but our def was stunned because of the offside position of 2roma players, when buffon started running on cassano it was too late, did we argued then?
on canna's penalty and imbra's goal ,as they did?
we just got over it, played ball and scored again.
better have no fans at all, than having romas stupid fans,
i understand we u support them on this the enemy of my enemy is my friend, roma fans say we would prefer milan will win this scud not juve,
milan fans and players said roma sould win this game not juve,
but we, the GREAT JUVE,we dont afraid the numbers and the combined power of our enemies, we had a dif opinion, juve will win this game and juve wan, again, even if that hurts someone.
if the refs was with our side we sould have won this game 3,4-0, who could say smth(beside the roma fans who tolerate and admire everything) if the ref have showned the red card on spoiled totti and cufre, he had the chance to do it many times,
he tried to keep the game balanced as he could, for what?
to take a comment from del neri that roma sould have won this!!!
that gives him the right to do what ever he wishes to roma the next time he will have the chance

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

:D

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
romanista start to think of other games now, we are over it....we have a champion's league game to worry about wish us luck

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Totti could get a ban for his words about match fixing and it will take time if the deciplinary comitee decide to give him the ban so he might not play against Milan
So I hope the deciplinary comitee ignore it

Apr 26, 2004
Roma vs Juventus is a very hot match, even more emotional due to the wonderful surrounding audience. The area reserved to Bianconeri’s supporters at the Olimpico is sold-out, like always when Juventus play in the capital. The kick-off is marked by the Giallorossi, with Montella’s finish home found offside and Totti’s dangerous free kick worrying Buffon. A few minutes later the game changes completely and it’s Capello’s squad who take the game under control and score on their first occasion: after a free kick for Camoranesi, Ibrahimovic’s header is saved by Pelizzoli but on his rebound Cannavaro intercepts the ball and scores (0-1). The match is quite nervous but Juventus handle it with great authority. On 31’ minutes, Blasi goes for the finish from the distance, Pelizzoli saves, while on 34’ minutes Panucci moves forward and crosses to Perrotta who tries to deflect the ball but Buffon is there and clears. On Bianconeri’s first moment of distraction, Del Neri’s side draw. It’s 39 minutes into the first half, Totti assists Cassano who beats Buffon face to face and scores (1-1). An emotional end of the first half, when Juventus take the lead again thanks to a penalty converted by Del Piero, conceded after Dellas’ foul on Zalayeta (1-2).

The second half starts with no substitution. After 7 minutes, Emerson attempts on goal but the ball ends high over the crossbar. A great occasion on 10’ minutes: Ibrahimovic serves Zalayeta who dribbles the opponents but his cross is saved by Pelizzoli. After 20’ minutes a goal by the Swede is made null by his offside. Roma become dangerous into the middle of the second half. Noteworthy is Thuram anticipating Montella, while the rest of the defence always keep good guard. After 20 minutes, Totti’s header ends beyond the goalline, Blasi replies after 33 minutes with a finish from the distance eventually saved. On 34’ minutes, Montella’s right-footed kick is high over the bar, and three minutes later Zebina anticipates Roma’s striker on Totti’s cross. The match ends with a free kick played by Roma’s captain, deflected into the corner by the barrier.

ROMA-JUVENTUS 1-2
GOALS: 11' fh Cannavaro, 39'fh Cassano, 44'fh Del Piero (pen.)
ROMA: Pelizzoli, Panucci, Ferrari, Dellas, Cufrè (41'sh Corvia); Perrotta, Dacourt (25'sh Aquilani), De Rossi (9'sh Mancini); Montella, Totti, Cassano.Manager: Del Neri. Substitutes: Curci, Scurto, Xavier, Cerci.
JUVENTUS: Buffon, Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Emerson,
Blasi; Ibrahimovic (34'sh Trezeguet), Del Piero (11'sh Pessotto), Zalayeta.
Manager: Capello. Substitutes: Chimenti, Ferrara, Tacchinardi, Olivera, Appiah.
REFEREE: Racalbuto
YELLOW CARDS: 22' fh Zebina, 22' fh Totti, 30'fh Dacourt, 40'fh Cassano, 2'sh Blasi, 5'sh Del Piero, 28'sh Zalayeta, 31'sh Camoranesi, 38'sh Mancini

Apr 26, 2004
“It can’t be a week like any other. It makes no difference in training or preparing the match but when it comes to emotions… it’s not as usual.”

Jonathan Zebina is getting ready to his return to the Olimpico and to meeting AS Roma, the club where he lived four intense seasons and he does not deny, like Emerson and coach Capello, that Saturday will be a special night: “It will be an emotional match. I hold a good memory of Roma: I’ve had great moments there and they’re in my mind. There have been less positive moments as well, but they helped me grow up. Playing against my former team mates, against people I’m still friends with, makes the match special. What welcome do we expect? Wonderful: applauses, flowers.. no, jokes aside, whatever will be will be and should there be whistles we’ll have to ignore them and be more professional than usual. What I can assure you is that when us players will be on the playground that will be a match like any other.”

Knowing well Roma’s most dangerous weapons, which are Totti, Cassano and Montella, may be an advantage for Jonathan: “It will, but not that much since they know me well too. As to weaknesses, they have very few, while their strenght is their unpredictability. They rarely repeat the same action twice, therefore you don’t know what to expect but this is the best part of it. It was my dream when I was a boy: playing against the best, against AS Roma in a sold-out stadium or against Real Madrid.”

As for Real, isn’t there the risk of Champions’ League’s fixture distracting you? “No, I think, on the contrary, that the match against Roma comes at the right time: another opponent might have allowed us to concentrate more on Champions’ League while this way we cannot but focus on Saturday’s match. We’ll think about Real afterwards.”

Has coach Capello psyched you up for the occasion? “He need not to. He talks to us more when we have to meet club who are farther in the table than before big matches. On the other hand, if you can’t find motivations in yourself in such matches you cannot ever find them again. What really matters is maintaing the right balance: if you get too psyched up you run the risk of being tired before the starting whistle and if you’re too relaxed you cannot give your best. We should behave as usual: we’ll have to be concentrated and determined to impose our game. Our physical condition is good and, during training, we’re recovering our brilliance back from the start of the season”.

Apr 26, 2004
“It’s been a beautiful, tough, nervous match with both sides extremely determined. We played a great first half, even though our mistake in defence gave Roma self-confidence, which allowed Cassano to draw. In the second half we got a couple of passes wrong that could have let us with only one man in front of the goalkeeper, yet we successfully took three important points home”. At the end of the match against Roma, Fabio Capello’s satisfaction is tangible, especially because Juventus could maintain the first place in the table, along with Milan who won in Bergamo, once again in the last few minutes: “We knew that Milan had won- he continues – and so we felt more pressure but we successfully maintained our concentration and managed to win over Roma, who were really dangerous and whom you cannot concede anything to, otherwise you get punished right away. Is Milan always winning in the last few minutes of the match? This means that they never stop believing in winning. As much as we’re concerned, we have to keep going this way, our own way.” Now it’s time to focus on Champions’ League second leg: “Real are very similar to Roma in certain terms: they have very good strikers, like Raul and Ronaldo, who love keeping the ball low and go deep. We must not concede goals, so we need the same concentration we had against Roma and try to impose our game from the very beginning, without anxiety.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)