September 15 start for season (1 Viewer)

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
The new Italian football season will kick off on September 15 rather than September 1 due to the TV chaos in Italy.

The delay is due to the fact that eight Serie A clubs and 14 from Serie B have yet to agree individual pay-per-view TV contracts.

Atalanta, Brescia, Chievo, Como, Empoli, Modena, Perugia and Piacenza have failed to reach a deal with either one of Italy’s two satellite channels ‘Stream’ and ‘Telepiu’.

All the above clubs are believed to want around £6.5m for their home matches but have only received bids of around £2m from the TV broadcasters to date.

The highlights contract with Italian state broadcasters RAI is also a problem as the company have only offered half of the £60m that the Italian League are asking for.

However, the two week delay to the start of the season is better news than what speculation had suggested earlier today.

There were reports that if an agreement had failed to be reached on Tuesday then the new campaign could kick-off as late as mid October.

football italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
this isnt good, we will enter the CL with less match fitness and a bad start in the CL could be a disaster for the rest of the season. Most leagues have already started.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
They ruined my plans! :mad: Not to mention what a mark it'll leave on Juve who is trying to make it big in the CL this season!

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
They ruined my plans! :mad: Not to mention what a mark it'll leave on Juve who is trying to make it big in the CL this season!
Thought you didnt care much for CL:D

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
This means that we will start defending the title against Atlanta on home soil instead of playing Piacenza away ... I heard that the fixtures of Week1 will be played at a later date and SerieA will start with the fixtures of Week2 instead ...

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Thought you didnt care much for CL:D
Had to add something cause otherwise it would sound too selfish :angel: :D Besides it is true! This will totaly mess up Lippi's well planned schedule, he already complained about it a few days ago :LOL:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
This means that we will start defending the title against Atlanta on home soil instead of playing Piacenza away ... I heard that the fixtures of Week1 will be played at a later date and SerieA will start with the fixtures of Week2 instead ...
Does this mean that originally the second week was international week as Italy will be playing Ec qualifier, if so why do they always do this in Italy, plan seriea to start so late that by the time Italy plays they are not match-fit and the coach takes the blame 4 another lame performance

This ppl actually get paid to do this:down:

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
I know that it sounds terrible, delaying the start for 2 weeks. But if you think of it, only 1 match will be postponed ... the first match (for Juve against Piacenza) :dontcare:

delpi25

Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
I know that it sounds terrible, delaying the start for 2 weeks. But if you think of it, only 1 match will be postponed ... the first match (for Juve against Piacenza) :dontcare:
thats ritem where only missing one game but its the match preperation where really missing going into the champions league

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
They'll ruin Trap's plans too in NT!
He must get dizzy with the schedule.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Had to add something cause otherwise it would sound too selfish :angel: :D Besides it is true! This will totaly mess up Lippi's well planned schedule, he already complained about it a few days ago :LOL:
:LOL: :LOL:

What can you say about this...? Not much apart from that this financial hassle needs to be dealt with!

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
i can't wait for it anymore ,really i missed those saturdays and sundays.

btw what a season is comming , main rival is milan definitely.

gullu

Aug 27, 2002
Hi to everyone. Can someone explain why my membership was deleted?? But apart from that, it's true it's terrible that the season starts later and all that, I can't wait anymore. But things must get sorted out, otherwise there will be total chaos. We don't want another Fiorentina to ever happen again. You know, Fiorentina made the headlines coz they were a big club, but smaller clubs have been struggling in lower divisions for many many years, clubs few have actually heard of. Arezzo some 7 years ago were relegated to the regional divisions from serie B or C1. Taranto, a few years ago too, not to mention Ravenna who had the same problems of Fiorentina and now don't exist anymore. Ravenna were in Serie B just 2 years ago, and had players like Silenzi, Pizzi and Centofanti. Who follows Italian football very much knows who these players are. So finally it has reached serie A. Our club knew this, and was always really careful with budget and all. Giraudo is a genius. And we 'only' pay him 5 million euros a year!! But apart from that, look at the situation of Lazio. Cragnotti knows it, but keeps on digging an even larger grave, whilst telling his shareholders he's building a swimming pool. But don't think this is only happening in Italy. In england there have been severe problems in the lower divisions as we all know, and it seems that the next SKY contract with the Premiership will not be as high as it has been in the last few years. The Chelsea and Leeds presidents or whatever they call them there have already cried out for help but no one has paid much attention. Jorge Valdano, director of Real Madrid said that the situation there is in Italy will move on to Spain within the next couple of years. What i found to be absolutely awful is the tone of voice he used to say this, nearly teasing the smaller clubs. But after all he does work for Real Madrid, the richest club in the world that had to sell it's whole training complex for fear of total extinction. Now that would have been a serious laugh!!! Germany and Kirch, France with Canal+ or Vivendi, as you wish. Just wait and see. There will be more than just a week postponment in these countries. It's a bomb ready to explode, mark my words. Italy is being laughed at at the moment, but that seems to have become an international pastime lately. We'll see who laughs last. All this whilst Juve are ready to buy the Delle Alpi to build what Giraudo has defined as the most beautiful and exclusive football stadium in Europe, as well as create the best training grounds ever, capable of serving Juve's 22 football teams. Yes guys, 22!! Oh whatever, I think I've written enough for a Tuesday afternoon. Sorry for the lenght, and thanks for having got this far. CIAO!!

OP
Nekton

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by gullu ] ++
    Can someone explain why my membership was deleted??
    No one intentionally deleted your account, when the forum changed host all the information was lost. We all had to re-register. Welcome back :)

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    Welcome gullu, and I agree with your theory .. but let's hops that everything turns fine in the future, and clubs stop spending more than they actually earn :angel:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)