Date of birth 18 January 1986 (age 28)
Place of birth Mostar, SFR Yugoslavia
Height 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)
Weight 75 kg
Playing position Left winger, Left back

Club information
Current club Lazio
Number 19​

Senad Lulić (born 18 January 1986) is a Bosnian footballer who plays for Lazio in the Italian Serie A.

Lulić was born in Mostar, but he spent most of his childhood in Jablanica.

Early years

Lulić moved in his childhood to Switzerland due to the Bosnian War and started his football career at Chur 97. He then moved to Bellinzona, where he helped the club gain promotion to the Swiss Super League in his last season at the Ticino-based club. In July 2008, he joined Grasshopper Club Zürich, playing two seasons for Grasshopper before being transferred to Bernese club BSC Young Boys. After a successful lone season at Young Boys, where Lulić scored a total of nine goals in 40 matches between the Super League, Swiss Cup, and UEFA competitions, he received offers from German clubs Hertha BSC and Werder Bremen, as well as Serie A side Lazio. He eventually moved to the Rome-based club, Lazio.

On 16 June 2011, it was confirmed that Lulić had signed a five-year contract with Lazio for an undisclosed fee, believed to be around €3 million. He made his first appearance for the club on 9 September against Milan and went on to score his first goal for the Roman side at Bologna on 23 October. He scored his second goal in a match against Cagliari. His third goal, and his first one at the Stadio Olimpico, came in a 2–2 draw against Udinese on 18 December. Following his successful debut season at Lazio, in June 2012, Lulić was voted third as Bosnia and Herzegovina's player of the year, behind Manchester City's Edin Džeko and Roma's Miralem Pjanić.

On 26 May 2013, he scored the only goal in the historic Coppa Italia 2013 final against city rivals Roma. It was the first ever among the two Roman clubs, his goal gained Lazio its sixth Coppa Italia, an UEFA Europa League spot at the expense of their bitter rivals, and placed him in the Pantheon of Lazio's top players.

International career

Lulić received his debut for Bosnia and Herzegovina in a match against Azerbaijan, which all of the established players decided to boycott following the dismissal of newly appointed coach Meho Kodro by the already unpopular Bosnian Football Federation. He had to wait for more than two years, until August 2010, to receive his next call-up. After several good performances for his club side, especially in UEFA Champions League qualification, new Bosnia manager Safet Sušić called him up to the matches against Luxembourg and France. Despite playing as a left winger at that time for Young Boys, Sušić made him play both matches as a left back, the position where he has established himself in the national team. On 15 November 2011, Lulić was dismissed for a second yellow card in the second leg of the UEFA Euro 2012 playoff qualifiers against Portugal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
Most probably we exchange Quagliarella on him, adding some cash (4-6m). Lazio would be willing to sell Candreva too, as they are going to rebuild the team after a mediocre season. And I think that we may purchase both Lulic and Candreva in the summer. Conte likes Antonio and we need versatile players, who can play a lot of roles.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
lotito did declare that there are players who want to leave lazio due to some issues surrounding the club, I wouldn't be surprised if Lulic is one of these players. I can't imagine lazio will have the money to meet our demands for quagliarella.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I would do a straight Quag - Lulic swap no problem. One of our surplus striker for a much needed LWB alternative.

Lazio need a striker, we need a LWB. Makes perfect sense.

Good to hear Di Marzio reporting it. :tup:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
the problem might be that Lulic is some kind of hero for the lazio fans. he won them the coppa final vs Roma and you can see alot of things with the LULIC71 (the minute he scored) logo...

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
:agree: No point wasting unnecessary funds on yet another bench/depth option.
Painfully average player.
really think so?

Asamoah is gone for a month for the AFC in January. That is not keeping in mind suspensiosn and injries + fatigue

Do you guys trust Peluso that much?

what's more, a decent reliable LWB means that in current midifeld problems /injuries, we could acutally afford to play asa in the centre and not lose in quality too much in LWB area

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
My opinion was based on the potential price of the player. I really don't think it's gonna be a straight swap with Quag. Would rather get that Murru kid for free.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
haven't seen much of murru to judge, so i wouldnt know.

I have seen enough of Lulic to like what he would offer. I agree that it won't be a staright swap. It will be cash +quag/giovinco/vuci

there isn't much quality in the FB area so I'll take whatever I can get.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Good, solid player.

Not going to lift the overall quality of Juve's squad a great deal, but would be a very useful option tactically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)