Season ticket sales looking bad, again... (1 Viewer)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
According to this link season ticket sales are continuing to drop. Only 21.000 tickets had been sold by 07.09, while we sold 28.500 last year. Last season our average attendance dropped to 35.000, in the 97/98 season it was 45.000. It's embarresing, nothing else.

If our team had been an American franchise we would probably have moved. The new stadium will only room 42.000, but quite frankly that seems like a lot with this current trend. It's a shame that at a time when football clubs in England are expanding their stadiums as fast as they can to get as many people as possible in, we're barely using half of our stadium capacity.

Thoughts?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 26, 2003
hmm. very sad, when i read that Milan or Inter i think sold over minimum 50.000 than that is a shame!!!

but ok, what can we do?

First i was also against a reducation of the stadium but now i think it would be the best, (but not to small) so that the stadium is always is sold out!!

I hope at least for 45.000 places and if it is sold out we could still make it bigger!!

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Firstly, it is probably more to do with Stadio Delle Alpi than Juve. Unfortunately I havent been to the stadium but from what I hear the traffic isnt too good and bit too much away from city center. This is in contrast to San Siro, where I felt the was really close to the city and had good accessbility.
And Torkel is absolutely right, if Juve was American style franchise, we probably would have demanded the new stadium, and if Torino council refused our offer, we probably would have moved the team elsewhere.
Nevertheless I do think Torino people should be ashamed of themselves. They have a global team in their back-yard, and many other people in the world would gladly go and watch the team if travelling wasnt too far away. And if the season ticket is really 180 Euros (I have a hard time believing this one) then people have no excuse at all for not attending the stadium. It is just lack of desire of Torino locals to support Juve, and personally I think Juve could be better off in other places.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Firstly, it is probably more to do with Stadio Delle Alpi than Juve. Unfortunately I havent been to the stadium but from what I hear the traffic isnt too good and bit too much away from city center. This is in contrast to San Siro, where I felt the was really close to the city and had good accessbility.
And Torkel is absolutely right, if Juve was American style franchise, we probably would have demanded the new stadium, and if Torino council refused our offer, we probably would have moved the team elsewhere.
Nevertheless I do think Torino people should be ashamed of themselves. They have a global team in their back-yard, and many other people in the world would gladly go and watch the team if travelling wasnt too far away. And if the season ticket is really 180 Euros (I have a hard time believing this one) then people have no excuse at all for not attending the stadium. It is just lack of desire of Torino locals to support Juve, and personally I think Juve could be better off in other places.
The stadium is about 15 minutes from centrum, and the stadium is perfect, no reason for people to complain on it. The problem is that Juve isnt very popular, because people support Torino, the old giant. They most of course be allowed to do that. But to move Juve away from Turin is COMPLETELY NOT AN OPTION, Juve is one of the oldest clubs and was founded by school students way back in the 1800th century. So there is no way Juve would move, soul, tradition and pride is more important than tickets money.
Im sure it will be better after the rebuild, since some dont like it today, because of the running tracks.

Plus the fans who shows up is the fans who lives for Juve, they are the best fans in the world!, its an experience to see them. Even though its not full crowd, its more quality than quantity- (people who just watch and dont know anything about football)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++

The stadium is about 15 minutes from centrum, and the stadium is perfect, no reason for people to complain on it. The problem is that Juve isnt very popular, because people support Torino, the old giant. They most of course be allowed to do that. But to move Juve away from Turin is COMPLETELY NOT AN OPTION, Juve is one of the oldest clubs and was founded by school students way back in the 1800th century. So there is no way Juve would move, soul, tradition and pride is more important than tickets money.
Im sure it will be better after the rebuild, since some dont like it today, because of the running tracks.
Tnx for the information. Unfortunately I have never been to Torino, since it isnt really enticing tourist destination.:).
Anyway, even if Juve roots lies in Torino, surely we deserve better than half empty stadium that we get in majority of matches.
Personally I find it hard to believe given that there are millions of people like me who would LOVE to go to Juve matches but cant because it is simply too far away, and travelling cost. For 180Euros, Juve deserve better.:stuckup:

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
This has always been hard for me to understand how Juve could be so good and draw so few fans. Here in the US, I am a fan of the NY Giants in the NFL. Their 78,000 seat stadium is sold out for every game well before the season starts. Hell, there is a 25 year waiting list for season tickets and the stadium is probably made up of 75,000 season ticket holders. And tickets aren't cheap or anything, its $65 or $75 for any ticket in the stadium. The Yankees draw amazingly as well. Bearing in mind they are a baseball team and play 81 home games every year, they average about 50,000 a game in a 55,000 seat stadium and easily sell out every big game.

I have always been baffled as to why a team with such a great tradition as Juve hasn't been able to draw better. They don't even sell out some (most?) Champions League matches. Maybe the new stadium will help...

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
_Emerson is right. The delle Alpi may not be a glorious stadium, but it's good enough for a team of Juve's caliber, and it's not all that inconveniently located. It's a little tricky for public transit, but not much more than the San Siro, IMO.

Italians tend to have a strong identity with place... the whole "Sono di Torino" thing. Which might explain some of the loyalties to the Torino club over Juve. Juve is founded more on a distributed fan base with inordinately heavy fan bases towards the south of Italy -- where Serie A teams are harder to come by and there are immigrant labor ties to Torino through Sgr. Agnelli's industrial boom.

So how about this: Who's up for buying a block of season tickets together? We could set up a few webcams and watch the games live over the net ... and maybe set up speakers on them to Voice-Over-IP our cheers from microphones set up at our homes... :D

OP
Torkel

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    A season ticket only costs 180 Euros? Is it just me or is that incredibly cheap?

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Where will Juve move to? Milan? 3 teams in Milan wouldn't make much sense IMO.
    I've heard that Palermo is an option...

Anyway, we shouldn't move, IMO it would be an insult to our traditions, great history and even to the dead Agnellis, so it would brake some invaluable values of the club... Juventus Turin, that's the way it should stay... :stuckup:

OP
    Torkel

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #18
    ++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++
    I've heard that Palermo is an option...
    I've never heard of actual rumours or plans of us moving, where did you hear that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)