season expectations, and predictions 2010/2011 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
we've started our season, so time for a new thread about what we expec, and what we think.

with all the negativity lately though it would not surprise me if some say relegation battlers.

so tell us your expectations and predicitons for the team in league, el, and coppa.

league expectations: title challenge
likely result: cl spot challenge

el expectations: quarter finals
likely result: quarter finals

coppa expectations: quarters
likely result: quarters

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Lion

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
  • Thread Starter #3
    perhaps but it's not like we don't know who might becoming (back up cb and back up forward)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    I don't know my exact expectation but so long Del Piero is dictating the locker room we are in danger. And so long he's the one approving our mercato then we have no future.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    No matter who we sign tomorrow, here are my expectations.

In the league I expect us to struggle before the winter break and find our form in January, we will do well to reach our objective of securing a CL spot but it might be too late. I expect a series of extremely bad results from now until December.

Result: between 3rd place and 6th place.

In the Europa League, I expect us to start better than in the league but due to our primary objective being the CL spot, we might ignore this tournament. I don't trust Del Neri at all to take us anywhere mouth watering anyway.

As for the Coppa, I really don't care.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    We will get 4th spot, that's for sure, I don't think anyone at Juventus is expecting something less out of this Serie A season.
    I don't see us going far in EL though, it shouldn't be our priority and it probably won't be. As long as we don't get lucky with draw, I agree on the quarter finals.
    Coppa is our main hope for a trophy, that's the only win I'd hope for.

OP
    Lion

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
  • Thread Starter #8
    I don't know my exact expectation but so long Del Piero is dictating the locker room we are in danger. And so long he's the one approving our mercato then we have no future.
    :D but please, let's keep this serious (for a while at least)

No matter who we sign tomorrow, here are my expectations.

In the league I expect us to struggle before the winter break and find our form in January, we will do well to reach our objective of securing a CL spot but it might be too late. I expect a series of extremely bad results from now until December.

Result: between 3rd place and 6th place.

In the Europa League, I expect us to start better than in the league but due to our primary objective being the CL spot, we might ignore this tournament. I don't trust Del Neri at all to take us anywhere mouth watering anyway.

As for the Coppa, I really don't care.
    i for the most part agree. bui think we will do better than an el league finish.

i just want to add that we will struggle because of curses with injuries too

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Serie A: I believe (or want to believe) that we'll finish in the top 4 (4th place most likely) while at the same time I expect many disappointing results due to Del Neri's stubbornness.

EL: I expect us to pass the group and end it there

Coppa: Semi finals

VicCB

Jul 30, 2010
    Serie A: Finish between 8th and 4th.

EL: Semi finals

Coppa: Quarter finals

Next transfer season: yet another meaningless squad revolution. Krasic will be blamed for not bringing us the Scudetto like Diego and Melo were last season, and Martinez, Krasic will be sold, Acquafresca will be brought on loan.

Naggar

Bianconero
    Sep 4, 2007
    Serie A: I believe (or want to believe) that we'll finish in the top 4 (4th place most likely) while at the same time I expect many disappointing results due to Del Neri's stubbornness.

EL: I expect us to pass the group and end it there

Coppa: Semi finals
    I agree with this.

but it's not pessimism, I know the first match didn't mean anything and half the players didn't play together; there's no chemistry
    but to be realistic our squad is weaker than 3 teams and our coach isn't that special
    so most likely we'll be like last season's Sampdoria imo

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Serie A: 3th, but wel behind inter and milan

EL: past group stages, then end it , we need cl spot, not this crapleague

Coppa: lose immediatly so there is more time for serie a

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Serie A: Battle for 4'th with the likes of Napoli, Palermo, and Genoa. We might miss out, but I'd hate to think of the prospect of missing out on the CL for a 2'nd consecutive year, and any potential further damage that may accompany it. Our squad is still weaker than both the Milan sides and Roma as well, both on and off the pitch. The team needs time to gel, we have no stand out names in midfield or attack, and we are psychologically fragmented. Juventus doesn't command the same fear and respect it used to in the past.

Europa League: A likely QF exit at the hands of an English or German club.

Coppa Italia: Does anyone really give a shit about this tournament? Quarters, potentially semis depending on who we face along the way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)