Sandro Tonali - DM - Brescia (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
You seriously overrate Tonali :D

He's not a once in a generation type talent :p
It maybe the case and I'm not saying he's a generation type talent but it's by far the only italian out there that I really want in our team and I would say it's a really good bet because in the worst case he can be an important rotation player and if everything goes as I feel, a starter in our MF for many years

Van Helsing

Oct 2, 2007
And yet you have a midfield comprised of an inferior player (Witsel) and an even more inexperienced player (Tonali) starting ahead of him :boh: :confused:
inferior? you kidding , right? Witsel is a very good DMC and one of the best in that position. defensively strong, very good passer and he can score. in reality, we will not sign him but we need a player like him for that DMC slot. name is not important.
as for Tonali, I don't know him well and didn't watched enough but looks like a balanced player with extra skills.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
inferior? you kidding , right? Witsel is a very good DMC and one of the best in that position. defensively strong, very good passer and he can score. in reality, we will not sign him but we need a player like him for that DMC slot. name is not important.
as for Tonali, I don't know him well and didn't watched enough but looks like a balanced player with extra skills.
Witsel is a greedy little bitch, and I am so glad we passed on the opportunity to sign him. Unless you're Belgian and biased, there's no way you'd want a shitcunt like him on your team.

He's also an ageing geezer (31) so a hard pass.

Van Helsing

Oct 2, 2007
Witsel is a greedy little bitch, and I am so glad we passed on the opportunity to sign him. Unless you're Belgian and biased, there's no way you'd want a shitcunt like him on your team.

He's also an ageing geezer (31) so a hard pass.
i think you didn't read carefully because I said "name is not important". maybe Van De Beek is better suited for your dreams.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
i think you didn't read carefully because I said "name is not important". maybe Van De Beek is better suited for your dreams.
Witsel is vastly overrated and he's old. No more geezers on high wages with no resale value - we have enough players we're struggling to dispose of.

At the end of the day, a team wins titles, but the names do help you get there.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
he is a perfect short-term solution until you find a real solution.
Herein lies the problem. We can't keep plugging holes and relying on stop gap solutions. We've been doing that to our midfield since we sold Vidal and then Pogba.

Blaised and Confused, Harmless Hernie, Kebab Junior, Kebab Senior, Faggy French Princess, and Fragile Handle with care have all been brought in - stop-gap ST options who failed, and others not good enough to replace the departing players.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Herein lies the problem. We can't keep plugging holes and relying on stop gap solutions. We've been doing that to our midfield since we sold Vidal and then Pogba.

Blaised and Confused, Harmless Hernie, Kebab Junior, Kebab Senior, Faggy French Princess, and Fragile Handle with care have all been brought in - stop-gap ST options who failed, and others not good enough to replace the departing players.
Hold your horses old man. Sublime-Sami for free was a good signing. 144 games for Juve, 21 goals and 13 assists ain't all that bad for a stop gap and doesn't deserve to be named in one sentence with the bunch above.

He just wasn't the Vidal replacement people were hoping for, but that isn't his fault.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Hold your horses old man. Sublime-Sami for free was a good signing. 144 games for Juve, 21 goals and 13 assists ain't all that bad for a stop gap and doesn't deserve to be named in one sentence with the bunch above.

He just wasn't the Vidal replacement people were hoping for, but that isn't his fault.
It's not his fault, but having him come in after selling Vidal hurt. He has been useful (more often that not), but I guess I can't bring myself to like him or appreciate him enough.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Still, Pogba-Marchisio-Khedira when healthy was pretty great in 2016, iirc we won all games when all 3 started. Problem was depth, as we overplayed Marchisio till his injury and Sami was missing quite often that 1st season. We lost 2 starting caliber mids, but brought in only one, but that could have been a non issue had we signed Radja/Allan when they were within reach a year or so prior.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I would be happy to get Tonali definitely. But I post what I wrote some months ago, looking at young midfielders in Serie A with interesting skillsets, Tonali doesn't jump out to me as more promising or more necessary than Castrovilli. Particularly as a lot of posters write here about Tonali as a mezzala more than a regista. If we are looking for a mezzala then the fiorentina kid is more interesting imo. He is most different to what we already have, only Ramsey has attacking flair in our midfield while Castrovilli shows this class in every match. If we are thinking of a "new Iniesta" like some said in the transfer thread it is more Castrovilli than Arthur imo.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Are we still losing him to Inter?

- - - Updated - - -

I would be happy to get Tonali definitely. But I post what I wrote some months ago, looking at young midfielders in Serie A with interesting skillsets, Tonali doesn't jump out to me as more promising or more necessary than Castrovilli. Particularly as a lot of posters write here about Tonali as a mezzala more than a regista. If we are looking for a mezzala then the fiorentina kid is more interesting imo. He is most different to what we already have, only Ramsey has attacking flair in our midfield while Castrovilli shows this class in every match. If we are thinking of a "new Iniesta" like some said in the transfer thread it is more Castrovilli than Arthur imo.
Why not get both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)