Salas -> Qatar? (1 Viewer)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
by Patricio Figueroa
Marcelo Salas's agent Leonardo Rodriguez has revealed his client has a lucrative offer to play in Qatar, but his future depends on Italian outfit Juventus.
The Chile star has been offered a whopping $4.5 million for just a six-month stint that includes free travel to visit his family back home in Chile.

However, despite having an enticing offer on the table, Salas needs to hear what Juve have planned for him before making any decision on his future.

"It's true that there is an offer from Qatar for Marcelo, but it's just one of many options he has," explained Rodriguez.

"It's real that he has received an offer but also that nothing has been decided. We haven't even started negotiations.

"First of all we need to know what the player really wants and Juventus, the owner of his transfer, says what they want to do.

"We can't forget that Salas has a contract with the Italians until June 30 next year."

Rodriguez hinted Salas would jump at the chance to move to Qatar as it is unlikely he will receive as attractive an offer from anywhere in the world.

"It's impossible to get another offer from a team in another part of the world that could better what has been offered from Qatar," he added.

"That's why many important players are in that country playing for that football league.

"In Marcelo's case he has even been offered airplane tickets for travelling to Chile to see his daughters."

Meanwhile, the River Plate striker has stated his hamstring injury has subsided over the past week and that he hopes to play against Brazil on June 6.

"Eight days have passed since I was injured against Boca Juniors and I feel well. I have been running a bit and I haven't felt anything wrong," he added.

"In Buenos Aires we won't talk about a recovery date so I am not going to do it in Chile. I feel that my recovery is progressing well.

"I will not travel to Venezuela as I will be back in Chile to be with the team for the match against Brazil."

Buy on AliExpress.com
Oct 1, 2002
the best things for both party is to part way.
Salas won't be able to return to his old form again thus not suitable for Juve anymore.His current wages is ridiculous for a sub player.
I wish the best for Salas and hope he doesn't play in Qatar. I believe he still have chances in other leagues such as EPL or La Liga or smaller clubs in serie a.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I want him to go somewhere other than Qatar, maybe England where I'm sure he can find his touch a bit better than in Italy.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I want him to go somewhere other than Qatar, maybe England where I'm sure he can find his touch a bit better than in Italy.
i am not sure about that.. south american especially toke some time rto adapt to EPL.. one season at least.... Crespo , Angel, Veron to name a few...

polaris

Aug 6, 2003
River Plate want to sign Salas last I heard. They wont pay him a top wage like that however and maybe we can get a good transfer fee out of it so that we could just buy Cavenaghi anyways.

Aug 1, 2003
just look at the amount of cash and sell him to the club that bids for him for the highest price; qatar or not :D

but in the end I think SALAS himself should make up his mind... wherever he finds happiness, there he should go (provided they give us money too :p )

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
by Patricio Figueroa
Marcelo Salas's agent Leonardo Rodriguez has revealed his client has a lucrative offer to play in Qatar, but his future depends on Italian outfit Juventus.
The Chile star has been offered a whopping $4.5 million for just a six-month stint that includes free travel to visit his family back home in Chile.
Edit: Sorry about this you can delete it...

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
by Patricio Figueroa
Wow.

If it includes free travel then he can't refuse it...

They're giving him 4.5 million for gods sake, the free travel is that important?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)