[SA] Juventus 3-3 Atalanta [January 22nd, 2023] 2:45 PM EaSTern (+6ish) (2 Viewers)

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
This was the first match that I've watched and paid attention to in a long time. It was a great watch, I was very much entertained. We could actually be pretty good if didn't have these injuries.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
This was the first match that I've watched and paid attention to in a long time. It was a great watch, I was very much entertained. We could actually be pretty good if didn't have these injuries.
we can be good if we play creative players or if they are available, yesterday everything happened on that right side, because Fagioli and Di Maria were doing their magic. The left side was typical Juve with non existent attack threat until Chiesa came one (though i wasnt really great game from him by his standards). I could imagine that if we had Pogba as LCM and Chiesa as LW from the start we could trash them even more as attacks would go from both sides. The question is if Locatelli can keep the midfield together then. Probably not if he has 3 atb behind him, we should be playing 4 man defence to do it with proper fullbacks and real CBs and we have only one real CB.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Keep the place in league, win EL and hope there is no UEFA ban.
It is possible, especially with this performance.
I`d say based on form Arsenal are probably the toughest team in EL but Barcelona seems to play better recently so overall I`d put 2 teams above us in the race to win EL.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no scope of points reduction either it stays -15 points or the entire points deduction becomes annulled by the Coni.
Hope it get canceled as its really an unfair treatment

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. We fell asleep for ~10 mins at the start of both halves and that cost us 3 points. We were the better team imo and it’s a shame that our lolzillian trio at the back had another horrendous day at the office.
First half - The reason we conceded wasnt due to falling asleep but rather a Woj howler.
Second half - Definitely!

Ofcourse they have another bad day.
Look at our team - A.Sandro is a LB who plays as a CB (although its a LCB its still unfit position for him), Danilo - another out of position. Bremer actually he is the only real CB
There are things Danilo and A.Sandro can do well but there are things only a true CB can solve.

We need to face reality - our defense is horrible and its not a coincidence.
Winning 8 games without conceding while playing a catenaccio doesnt mean our defense is great, quite the opposite in fact. If the defense is so good why do we need to play catenaccio...

Last edited:

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I`d say based on form Arsenal are probably the toughest team in EL but Barcelona seems to play better recently so overall I`d put 2 teams above us in the race to win EL.

- - - Updated - - -
Hopefully Arsenal concetrates on the PL since they have so big chance to win it. Barca is also tough, but Max team on his day is probably the best match up for them. Lets not forget one thing, but thats big IF, if Pogba and Vlahovic are back and can stay fit, we have so many options in attack that we could basically be team on another level.
Vlaho was critized, but before the fitness problems started he was really showing glimpses of world class here. Milik is good, but with in form Vlahovic he stands no chance (though can be good addition). Pogba fit and in form is the best midfielder in this competition. 433 with:

Danilo Bremer ? Alex Sandro
Fagioli Locatelli Pogba
Di Maria Vlahovic Chiesa

we do look like a proper top 5 team and I wouldnt be scared of Barca or Arsenal. Then u have great backups also in Milik, Kostic, Rabiot, Cuads. Potentially this team is strong but the fitness magicians have to stopped.

ladstone

Oct 31, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

Hope it get canceled as its really an unfair treatment

- - - Updated - - -

First half - The reason we conceded wasnt due to falling asleep but rather a Woj howler.
Second half - Definitely!

Ofcourse they have another bad day.
Look at our team - A.Sandro is a LB who plays as a CB (although its a LCB its still unfit position for him), Danilo - another out of position. Bremer actually he is the only real CB
There are things Danilo and A.Sandro can do well but there are things only a true CB can solve.

We need to face reality - our defense is horrible and its not a coincidence.
Winning 8 games without conceding while playing a catenaccio doesnt mean our defense is great, quite the opposite in fact. If the defense is so good why do we need to play catenaccio...
Why not put rugani there? Most of the time, he is not so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
ok now that u had your fun. go back to missing games lol

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
You chose our best Juve of the season.
They actually played good football.
The result flatter Atalanta IMO.
Scalvini impressed me although its the first time I really noticed him.
Extremely mature for his age, made some good decisions. Based on this game we should try to lock him up even in January if possible.
Is he like that in other games?

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Extremely mature for his age, made some good decisions. Based on this game we should try to lock him up even in January if possible.
In the games ive watched hes been pretty good, but I dont view CB as an urgent need unless its a left footed one, so itll just depend on his price. Whats his contract situation? Transfermarkt has him locked up until 2027, but I've read elsewhere he expires this year?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
In the games ive watched hes been pretty good, but I dont view CB as an urgent need unless its a left footed one, so itll just depend on his price. Whats his contract situation? Transfermarkt has him locked up until 2027, but I've read elsewhere he expires this year?
I personally think foot is overrated. Unless he is an attacker who shoots often on goal.
We should definitely get a CB IMO.
Danilo isnt that great defensively, A.S definitely not good enough, Rugani is average and Gatti isnt that great and should be sent on loan.
Bonucci - Unreliable and even Allegri doesnt trust him

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Scalvini is a fantastic talent. I doubt Atalanta would entertain to sell him in January, it would be in the summer and it would be very expensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)