Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Ireland, Ireland,
Together standing tall
Shoulder to shoulder
We’ll answer Ireland’s call

Grand Slam winners 09 and de facto European Champions 09! :juventus:

Don't forget to bask in the glow of Dricko and the lads :agree:

apologies is misposted, as a skunk (first time Ireland have won a meaningful sports championship in 61 years! wooohooooo!!!

Anybody else watch/play rugger??

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Congrats.

Ireland deserved it this year.

I will quite happily watch international rugby, but I don't really follow it at club level.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Ireland, Ireland,
Together standing tall
Shoulder to shoulder
We’ll answer Ireland’s call

Grand Slam winners 09 and de facto European Champions 09! :juventus:

Don't forget to bask in the glow of Dricko and the lads :agree:

apologies is misposted, as a skunk (first time Ireland have won a meaningful sports championship in 61 years! wooohooooo!!!
:weee: :pint:

I will quite happily watch international rugby, but I don't really follow it at club level.
Same here.

anyone here heard of a guy called danny cipriani?
Yes. Why?

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
ahhh cool cool, he was my mate, i say was because i havn't spoken to him for a few years, we went to the same school, i used to sit next to him in science and english lol

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Rugby is so boring IMO.
I have to agree that nowadays its got more and more boring. Maybe ten years ago it was far more interesting when teams would play more attacking rugby and keep the ball in hand. But today there is just far too much kicking involved. Still it can be a really fun game to play!

IMO only three teams play enjoyable rugby to watch: New Zealand, France and South Africa.

ahhh cool cool, he was my mate, i say was because i havn't spoken to him for a few years, we went to the same school, i used to sit next to him in science and english lol
Thats cool, hes a great player when fit.

I believe that hes going out with Kelly Brooke, lucky guy!!!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I would add Wales to the teams that play attacking rugby.

Nothing wrong with a good tactical kicking game, though.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I would add Wales to the teams that play attacking rugby.

Nothing wrong with a good tactical kicking game, though.
I was thinking about mentioning them also, as they do keep the ball in hand to a lesser extent; especially Shane Williams.

I'm just not a fan of the kicking game, I guess thats from playing as a winger/centre since I was aged 10, I know how frustrating it can be when your stand-off kicks it away and you don't see the ball!

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Anyone here actually play Rugby? I played for a while with some of the firefighters I used to work with... about 2 years ago in fact, back when I had health care.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Anyone here actually play Rugby? I played for a while with some of the firefighters I used to work with... about 2 years ago in fact, back when I had health care.
I played in school and Uni. It was really at a low level though, and I wasn't particularly good at it. Still, I liked it a lot. Especially the fact that rugby is much more a team sport than, say, football.

I'm just not a fan of the kicking game, I guess thats from playing as a winger/centre since I was aged 10, I know how frustrating it can be when your stand-off kicks it away and you don't see the ball!
Agree. I was a center, craving for the ball. How fucking annoying is it to see the ball kicked away when you have your line set up and ready to roll.

OP
IrishZebra

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
  • Thread Starter #16
    Yep I used to play, from 14-16 until i fucked some cartilage in my knees up, sorta like a recurring RSI that occurs without major strain.

I was a inside centre usually but at that level you can fill in anywhere really :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)