Roy Carroll - what a joke *sponsored by the EPL refereeing misstakes* (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Niemi, VDS, Cudicini, Maik Taylor, Jaskelainen(sp), kiely, given

all very good reliable keepers that could be at much bigger clubs, or in Carlo's case, starting.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Yes, but Man U and Arsenal have chronically lagged behind have they not? That was my point.
Yeah definitely. Arsenal just don't have the money (YET) Man U probably because they've wasted £7m on Barthez and a bit more on Howard. Why Fergie didn't just sign Niemi for £3m is beyond me but he knows best.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
I'd pick carroll any day of the week.
What are you talking about? Carroll is shite. Howard has better reflexes, quicker, handles the ball better, and is taller. Howard also has more passion. Carroll will always be garbage.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
What are you talking about? Carroll is shite. Howard has better reflexes, quicker, handles the ball better, and is taller. Howard also has more passion. Carroll will always be garbage.
Carroll isn't the best of goalies granted but you are seriously overrating Tim Howard. He is incredibly error-prone and made countless this year and last - thats why he's always getting dropped. His handling of the ball is appaling, and while I agree he has better reflexes that doesn't make up for his other deficiencies. I don't know if he has more passion that might be because he has tourettes.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Carroll isn't the best of goalies granted but you are seriously overrating Tim Howard. He is incredibly error-prone and made countless this year and last - thats why he's always getting dropped. His handling of the ball is appaling, and while I agree he has better reflexes that doesn't make up for his other deficiencies. I don't know if he has more passion that might be because he has tourettes.
So what if he has tourettes?

And Carroll makes just as many critical errors as Howard. Don't lecture us about Carroll's ball handling after this event...

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #49
    Carroll has let the ball slip under him and into goal on one or two occassions this season, one of them in the CL IIRC that shit you cant allow to go unpunished.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001

So what if he has tourettes?

And Carroll makes just as many critical errors as Howard. Don't lecture us about Carroll's ball handling after this event...
    Makes him appear more passionate. I'm not trying to cause offence here but its true.

Caroll has made two bloopers this year, Howard made more than that at the start of the season. Carroll is overall the more reliable keeper.. and remember none of his errors were "critical" as you put them!

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004

I would disagree with that statement to a certain extent. Having watched several machester untied games, even though i admit i have seen less of carrol, i feel that howard cant handle balls very well, and prefers to punch and spill the ball. Carrol tries to catch, but hey we see what happened there :D. So they are both terrible, but quite evenly matched.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I do like Platini's suggestion, however -- which is more like what hockey does. Instead of video cams and replays and chips implanted in soccer balls, there could be officials behind each goal area for making on-the-spot judgements.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    All this modern mumbo jumbo... I say we let the crowd decide :D
    if that were to happen, Juve wouldn't have a single decision go their way ever again... especially at home matches! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)