Rodrigo de Paul - Midfielder - Atletico Madrid (3 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Last 5 years Serie A stats De Paul vs SMS. except for 17/18 where SMS have the best season both actually have a pretty similar stats in term of goals and assists
Both are strong and rarely injured (30+ games in last 5 seasons)

That is why I always said he is the poor man SMS, because he is cheaper than SMS

1622319780183.png
They have different playing style tho

Buy on AliExpress.com

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Last 5 years Serie A stats De Paul vs SMS. except for 17/18 where SMS have the best season both actually have a pretty similar stats in term of goals and assists

That is why I always said he is the poor man SMS, because he is cheaper than SMS

1622319780183.png
The difference maker is that Lazio is way better than Udinese.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

1622319780183.png
RDP is the only functioning player in Udinese while SMS has other players that can assist and score.
Also its funny comparing the two as SMS is clearly the better player. In addition to it SMS is tall, better in the air, can defend. He is like an upgraded Hamsik in my books.
RDP is also a good player but if we do have the two options SMS is clearly the better option. If we are tight and RDP is our only option - He would do well.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
They have different playing style tho
Yeah, but their similarity in contribution that amazes me, and SMS probably double in transfer fee and salary than RDP

- - - Updated - - -

RDP is the only functioning player in Udinese while SMS has other players that can assist and score.
Also its funny comparing the two as SMS is clearly the better player. In addition to it SMS is tall, better in the air, can defend. He is like an upgraded Hamsik in my books.
RDP is also a good player but if we do have the two options SMS is clearly the better option. If we are tight and RDP is our only option - He would do well.
True, RDP probably not as prolific as he is in Udine if he is in club that compete for CL qualification
As the ball goes trought him as vocal point. That should come to consiferation

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Yeah, but their similarity in contribution that amazes me, and SMS probably double in transfer fee and salary than RDP

- - - Updated - - -

True, RDP probably not as prolific as he is in Udine if he is in club that compete for CL qualification
As the ball goes trought him as vocal point. That should come to consiferation
Well Inzaghi never played SMS in an optimal attacking position. Mostly asking him to run around in midfield. That's part of the reason although it's mostly because RDP is underrated.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I certainly didn't think his play today added much. He was just bait for Di Maria.

Prolly Argentina's worst player on the night other than Otamendi.

Last edited:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Should have bought this guy when he was still at Udinese.
France won a WC by playing Matuidi as an attacking left winger, just saying

This world cup has managed to make some really average players look like great players because the quality is low compared to club level

For me De Paul is a bang average grinta merchant. Atleti paid what, €40M? Great hustle but I don't know if he would've been a solution to our midfield problems.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I certainly didn't think his play today added much. He was just bait for Di Maria.

Prolly Argentina's worst player on the night other than Otamendi.
He does all of the running for Messi, he's run himself into the ground throughout the tournament. I'm not a huge fan but thought he has a good game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)