Roberto Pereyra (8 Viewers)

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
The way Ivan Mascherano absolutely destroyed holland and belgium on his own, thats not a motherfucking mindset. Thats because he's the last of the awesome cdms football used to have.
He was simply sublime this world cup the best player imo head and shoulders the stand out player.

- - - Updated - - -

His links to Napoli scared me

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
The fact that you agreed with him when it comes to midfielders.

Jumping, strength are physical skills yes. But Tackeling and heading, arent those technical ? What about marking, anticipating, controlling space, tactical reading of the game, positionning, cutting out runlines and passing lines, managing the space directly behind the central midfielders, decide when to go into duels or just keep an attacker at bay.

These skills dont apply to central defensive midfielders ?

Hence, tactical reading of the game and decisionmaking leading to positionning is what sets apart the absolute cream from the average defensive players, and its by far the hardest thing to do for defensive midfielders, cause they have got all that space to manage, unlike defenders who usually work in small area and rarely get exposed like cdm's often encounter.

The way Ivan Mascherano absolutely destroyed holland and belgium on his own, thats not a motherfucking mindset. Thats because he's the last of the awesome cdms football used to have.
I understand all of that, but this discussion was specific for Pereyra and how somebody like Pereyra could improve. Not him becoming a master defensive midfielder with the whole repertoire.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I understand all of that, but this discussion was specific for Pereyra and how somebody like Pereyra could improve and not him becoming a master defensive midfielder with the whole repertoire.
Pereyra to win the world cup after messi retires you heard it here first.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I understand all of that, but this discussion was specific for Pereyra and how somebody like Pereyra could improve. Not him becoming a master defensive midfielder with the whole repertoire.
Ah, gotcha. Well I see Pereyra as the "offensive cm sub" or a talent for cam. So mostly his offensive skills, especially those one time passes, he really has a talent for those

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I liked him as an inside midfielder. He also had a tendency in this game to stay pretty wide on the right as well, almost like another winger at times. He's a dynamic, energetic and quick player. The more of these the merrier.

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
This guy will become a beast! Always running, very good teknique and decent pace!! Very surprised by him. Love that we use These creative Midfielder and not spoilers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)