Roberto Bettega (5 Viewers)

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Bettega plays down injury crisis

Juventus vice-general manager Roberto Bettega has laughed off talk that his club are embroiled in an unprecedented injury crisis.

According to some reports, the Bianconeri have suffered 50 separate injuries this season, making it difficult to find any consistency on the pitch.

Juventus lost 2-0 to Palermo in Turin last night and once again find themselves outside the top four in Serie A.

Speaking after the game, Bettega said: “In the meantime, the numbers that are coming out regarding our injuries make me laugh because they even considered those cases where players have been stopped as a precautionary measure.

“For example, this has been the case with Hasan Salihamidzic. We decided to send him to the stands so as not to give Zaccheroni the temptation of putting him on the pitch… That said we are a club quoted on the stock exchange so I can only add that on Saturday we will have a beautiful bench.”

Looking ahead, Bettega added: “It's an important month that we have in front of us, but the one afterwards is also.”

Juventus travel to Fiorentina, Sampdoria and Napoli over the coming weeks making any further slip ups undesirable.

what a load of horse shit! how can he justify 50 injures precautionary or not. Pre-caution means that there is still a problem!

Buy on AliExpress.com

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Juventus vice-general manager Roberto Bettega has revealed that he already has the future of the club in mind.

The Bianconeri lost 1-0 to Sampdoria on Sunday after Antonio Cassano forced a howler out of Antonio Chimenti.

Juventus now haven't won for three matches and currently lie sixth in Serie A with nine games left this season.

Every game is a story in itself, but the hope is always fourth place,” Bettega explained.

The table is tight and we'll try to finish in the top four. It's our objective. But it would be wrong not to think already to the future.

Right now I cannot name any names, but in my head there is the idea of a new Juve.

Sure, I will speak with Zaccheroni for the good of Juventus in the last nine games of the season.

But Alberto will understand that I have to think about the future of this team,” Bettega concluded.

football-italia.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)