Rio 2016 Olympics (3 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
They almost won the world championship in handball at home last year. Glad they didn't get a medal at the Olympics. :D It's disgusting, but I guess the rules (and players) are at fault more than Qatar.
I don't blame the players at all, they make better choices for their life and career. Competing in the olympics is a dream for every athlete and Qatar definitely gives them a lot of money too. I think it's like every immigrant who moves from their birthplace. Osman himself can work on a problem relevant to the Somalian society back home but he moves for a better life.

If anything, Qatar is to blame for looking at sports (especially olympics) as a fame and popularity opportunity, which is btw how many other nations also look at these games but at least they try to find and help talents in the country rather than importing them from outside.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They almost won the world championship in handball at home last year. Glad they didn't get a medal at the Olympics. :D It's disgusting, but I guess the rules (and players) are at fault more than Qatar.
Nah, Qatar are completely at fault here. There are other small rich nations with no sporting pedigree, but they aren't as shameless as Qatar in their brute mercenary tactics .

Ok Bahrain is not far off too, and in many sports some nations naturalize some athletes from nations that dominate the sport, but non do it in such massively shameless scale as Qatar.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

OP
Völler

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
  • Thread Starter #329
    I don't blame the players at all, they make better choices for their life and career. Competing in the olympics is a dream for every athlete and Qatar definitely gives them a lot of money too. I think it's like every immigrant who moves from their birthplace. Osman himself can work on a problem relevant to the Somalian society back home but he moves for a better life.

If anything, Qatar is to blame for looking at sports (especially olympics) as a fame and popularity opportunity, which is btw how many other nations also look at these games but at least they try to find and help talents in the country rather than importing them from outside.
    Nah, Qatar are completely at fault here. There are other small rich nations with no sporting pedigree, but they aren't as shameless as Qatar in their brute mercenary tactics .

Ok Bahrain is not far off too, and in many sports some nations naturalize some athletes from nations that dominate the sport, but non do it in such massively shameless scale as Qatar.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
    You're probably right. I just don't expect Qatar to have any integrity. I do, however, expect the European handballers who're playing (or have played) for some of the best clubs in the world to have enough integrity to not play for Qatar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)