Rigoni! (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
Glen and Paul:

I've got my own opinions about Rigoni regardless of what you say and I've got as much right to voice them as you do yours. Now before any of this nonsense got started, olekent and I were having a lively discussion about Rigoni's chances. I say he has none, which is why I call him washed up, not to degrade the guy or anything like, simply because that is the sporting term which best applies. But, perhaps you prefer finished?, or maybe it's less than likely that he'll return.

Either way, you Paul haven't any right to come here and chastise me for harshly criticizing a player, after all that you've said.

And Glen, maybe this doesn't make it right, but the washed up nothing quotation was only a comparative reference to his and Davids current form. Would disagree with that? And no, I've not seen Rigoni play for Triestina, but I've seen him play in the past, and I've never been overly impressed. Say what you will about my opinion, I don't care, but it is mine and I shall cling to it.

Now, if you'd all like to take a look at what was really said, olekent is just as at fault as I am, but you are being nice to him, because he is new, fine, but he still called Davids a drug addict and I haven't got in a huff about that have I? I just think that y'all are being a bit hypocritical in that point, lord knows I never got it easy for being a newbie.

Maybe Rigoni was/is a fine player, but in my book, he is washed up, whether that’s fair or not. And you’ve all got no right to come here and tell me off just for saying it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
Ian: Obviously I disagree as much with olekent about the Davids business, and obviously any new members will be likely to get less heat. Touché :) .

You have every right to voice your opinion of course, but one of the reasons we're here is to debate such opinions I believe, and when I disagree then I find it boring if I should fear rocking the boat. Some times disagreements can be down to not understanding the intended meaning though, and this could be one.

It didn't appear to me as if your comments were made in a contrastive analysis mould, but in that case I suppose we can just say I misunderstood you.

It's just a question of personal writing style I guess, but I would never say Redondo for instance was washed up when he spent two years in recovering from severe injuries. I would say (and according to Milan fans I know- has too often said :) ) that it was highly unlikely that he could return to former greatness. Washed up to me implies failure and lack of charachter. Something I don't think Rigoni can be charged with.

No direct comparison with Rigoni/Redondon intended , but at 23 (or isn't it 24 now?) Rigoni still has time to make an impact if his body recuperates. Plenty of past examples to look to with Liverani exploding onto the scene directly from serie C1 at 25 being the latest for the playmaking sort I think.

Any kind of comparison to Davids is impossible however as we don't even know if Rigoni will ever play competitive football again, and competitive the Pittbull surely is.

NB: Browsing too many forums... is Shadowfax Paul, as in Respaul, or as in another Paul :) ?

Ciao.

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
Just some guy who goes to a lot of Juve games at Delle Alpi I like to quarrrel with. Haven't seen him in ages though ;).

Nice signature :D .

EDIT: ehh... the first part of the signature.

Ciao.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Glen ] ++
Ian: Obviously I disagree as much with olekent about the Davids business, and obviously any new members will be likely to get less heat. Touché :) .

You have every right to voice your opinion of course, but one of the reasons we're here is to debate such opinions I believe, and when I disagree then I find it boring if I should fear rocking the boat. Some times disagreements can be down to not understanding the intended meaning though, and this could be one.

It didn't appear to me as if your comments were made in a contrastive analysis mould, but in that case I suppose we can just say I misunderstood you.

It's just a question of personal writing style I guess, but I would never say Redondo for instance was washed up when he spent two years in recovering from severe injuries. I would say (and according to Milan fans I know- has too often said :) ) that it was highly unlikely that he could return to former greatness. Washed up to me implies failure and lack of charachter. Something I don't think Rigoni can be charged with.

No direct comparison with Rigoni/Redondon intended , but at 23 (or isn't it 24 now?) Rigoni still has time to make an impact if his body recuperates. Plenty of past examples to look to with Liverani exploding onto the scene directly from serie C1 at 25 being the latest for the playmaking sort I think.

Any kind of comparison to Davids is impossible however as we don't even know if Rigoni will ever play competitive football again, and competitive the Pittbull surely is.

NB: Browsing too many forums... is Shadowfax Paul, as in Respaul, or as in another Paul :) ?

Ciao.
Well, Glen, you seem to have misunderstood me maybe as much as I misunderstood you. I thought that your first post in this thread was a criticism of my 'behaviour" as Nina's was, but I gather from this post that it was rather a statement of disagreement to start a discussion, I hope.

And my usage of the words "washed up" were not intended to imply a lack of character, I've used them to describe myself. I certainly don't hold Rigoni in contempt for his injuries, from what I gather he was put out of action by knee ligament damage, the very same thing that ended my career. All the same, if he's been out of the game for as long as he has with the injuries he has, then he really hasn't any chance of regaining his previous form. I know, I spend three months (total), in a wheel chair from that kind of injury and a person is never the same after that. It is unfurtunate, but my experienced opinion is that Rigoni is lucky to be able to run.

As for a comparison between Davids and Rigoni, I don’t believe that it was intended to be direct, but rather a comparison of their relative inadequacies.

And I see Paul (yes Respaul), has pulled one over on you. :)
ed to be direct merely of their relative inadequacies

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

And I see Paul (yes Respaul), has pulled one over on you. :)
ed to be direct merely of their relative inadequacies
No i didnt... glen knew before he even asked the question.

Anyway, Im not willing to argue with you anymore, anyone that brags of the things you have on glens politics forum I find morrally reprehensible and as such cannot talk to.

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
Paul: Indeed :) and .. that's a shame :( .

However- on something else- it's quite funny that I see references to 'my' board rather frequently these days while I only check it once or twice a week to see if someone has PM'ed me to make a complaint :D . I get too annoyed with other people's opinions it seems :D . I couldn't participate in politics without wanting to be the 'dictator'. Most benign one ever of course :cool: .

Ciao.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Glen ] ++
Paul: Indeed :) and .. that's a shame :( .
Thats what I thought:) and yes it is as I enjoy little tussles with Ian, they make me laugh... however principles/ morals (especially in these times) must come above all else.

However- on something else- it's quite funny that I see references to 'my' board rather frequently these days while I only check it once or twice a week to see if someone has PM'ed me to make a complaint :D . I get too annoyed with other people's opinions it seems :D . I couldn't participate in politics without wanting to be the 'dictator'. Most benign one ever of course :cool: .

Ciao.
He He... I know what you mean, one of the reasons I only read there rather than actually post.

You didnt like the second part of my sig?
Not surprised... you would have to have either the same weird sense of humour as I or be an acid freak to like it I suppose.

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
Paul: The second part of your sig. I have no opinion on. I thought there was a possibility that it was a personal experience, and didn't want to ridicule it if so.

However- now I know it's not I don't get the pun :).

On the other stuff... I'm not a part of you guys feud if such exist, so I'll stay out of that :).

Ciao.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)