Request: Someone to commit to posting WC matches here (1 Viewer)

OP
Tifoso

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
  • Thread Starter #21
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    Lou: I think it's probably $300 for HDTV. The regular stuff is free. At least it is on Telemundo, which you don't even need cable to receive.

So it really should only cost you if you want to get a good look at Raul's nosehairs. Or worse -- to see what microbes are in Totti's spittle. :sigh:

Wow. Great news.:D

Thanks, Greg, amico mio.

Who would pay $300 for hi-def, for calcio?:confused:

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Tifoso Lou ] ++

Wow. Great news.:D

Thanks, Greg, amico mio.

Who would pay $300 for hi-def, for calcio?:confused:
    Anyone with an HDTV who wants to demonstrate the value of their investment?

(For me, any improvements in image quality are heavily outweighed by having the Telemundo announcers. ;) )

Btw, the coming of HDTV is bringing a whole new level of angst among the Hollywood set -- not unlike when "talkie" movies came out and actors feared the end of their careers when people got to first hear what they really sounded like.

Because you can pretty much count the pores in an actor's face in HDTV, some actors and actresses won't make the cut and be saved by makeup. For example, I'm told Cameron Diaz has the complexion of Saturn's moon Hyperion in HDTV. Halle Berry, on the other hand, supposedly looks just as great under the HDTV microscope.

LaPrimaJuve

Sep 27, 2004
    I've actually seen some matches in HDTV and I have to say that it is quite incredible. It looks more realistic than actually being there. Just make sure you sit back far enough so that Cassano's pimple don't burst in your face.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

Anyone with an HDTV who wants to demonstrate the value of their investment?

(For me, any improvements in image quality are heavily outweighed by having the Telemundo announcers. ;) )

Btw, the coming of HDTV is bringing a whole new level of angst among the Hollywood set -- not unlike when "talkie" movies came out and actors feared the end of their careers when people got to first hear what they really sounded like.

Because you can pretty much count the pores in an actor's face in HDTV, some actors and actresses won't make the cut and be saved by makeup. For example, I'm told Cameron Diaz has the complexion of Saturn's moon Hyperion in HDTV. Halle Berry, on the other hand, supposedly looks just as great under the HDTV microscope.
    Dish Network offers HD for additional $10 a month. But there are only 4-5 channels. Not worth it in my opinion.

Is there any regulation in place to require network providers to send the signal in HD only sometimes in the future?

I think I heard this rumor somewhere.

OP
    Tifoso

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
  • Thread Starter #27
    ++ [ originally posted by Sir Sebastian ] ++
    i dont know about the WC, but euro 2004 cost 300$ for the tournament here
    Now see, that's what I thought.:down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)