Request: Someone to commit to posting WC matches here (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I'm surprised you'd have to pay for them. In England, for example, the World Cup is a listed event. You can't show it exclusively on a non-free channel, period. I though that was true of most places.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
ESPN Networks

ESPN Networks to air World Cup 2006 in high definition

August 17, 2005

ESPN, Inc. has announced that all 64 matches of World Cup 2006 will air in the US LIVE in high definition on either ABC HD, ESPN HD, or ESPN2 HD.

ESPN, Inc. has an agreement with Soccer United Marketing (SUM), the television arm of Major League Soccer (MLS), which holds the US English-language TV rights to World Cup 2006.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
I'm surprised you'd have to pay for them. In England, for example, the World Cup is a listed event. You can't show it exclusively on a non-free channel, period. I though that was true of most places.

I think that's how it used to be. I know that this is the first world cup that is going to be aired on a commercial channel here in Belgium as well.

OP
Tifoso

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by Zé Tahir ] ++
    since when do you have to subscribe to the WC, don't you have ESPN. Aren't they showing it? And it is early :D
    Yeah, I know I'm early.

I doubt ESPN will cover it. It is strictly PPV here:down:

OP
    Tifoso

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    It should be that way here, too.:down:

They can shaft us because calcio isn't a very big deal here, so the complaints aren't very loud.:down:

LaPrimaJuve

Sep 27, 2004
    If you live in NorCal like it says under your name, ABC, ESPN, and Telemundo will be playing these matches as long as you have cable.

Where do you get this crap about paying to watch a match?

OP
    Tifoso

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by LaPrimaJuve ] ++
    If you live in NorCal like it says under your name, ABC, ESPN, and Telemundo will be playing these matches as long as you have cable.

Where do you get this crap about paying to watch a match?

I do live in norCal. I do have cable, and they are advertising it at $300 or so.

How could they charge, if it was available free?:confused:

I do hope you are right, though ;)

OP
    Tifoso

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
  • Thread Starter #13
    I have emailed ESPN asking this very question. When they respond, I'll let the (American) membership know. :)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Tifoso Lou ] ++

I do live in norCal. I do have cable, and they are advertising it at $300 or so.

How could they charge, if it was available free?:confused:

I do hope you are right, though ;)
    Ok lou calm down, breath. It can't be $300 for basic cable. Seriously. If its that expensive, you need to move to a different district or get dish. Btw, last WC, was broadcasted on ESPN and Telemundo, so I wouldn't worry about it. ;)

OP
    Tifoso

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

thats utter bullshit
    ain't it though?

I mean, we pay like $60/month for Direct TV + GolTV already. :mad:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Lou: I think it's probably $300 for HDTV. The regular stuff is free. At least it is on Telemundo, which you don't even need cable to receive.

So it really should only cost you if you want to get a good look at Raul's nosehairs. Or worse -- to see what microbes are in Totti's spittle. :sigh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)