Red Hot Chili Peppers (2 Viewers)

OP
adRHCP

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
  • Thread Starter #62
    i cant say this is not true, although i still enjoy some of there recent work however that album is the benchmark for them for sure :tup:
    Also Californication is considered a benchmark for them

that's the whole point. he's a good guitarist but he can't even come close to John in RHCP so he can go suck a $#@!.
    I know, but he has tried and has done some good shit, I mean, I'm glad this lad joined the RHCP 'cause without him I wouldn't have been able to see the RHCP live, so I thank him that.

I'm gonna put some videos of the best moments of Josh in the Tour, IMO.

There are some more in the RHCPtv5 channel on YouTube if you wanna hear it, but I didn't wanted to put too many videos here :D

OP
    adRHCP

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
  • Thread Starter #64

Lyrics:
    Im afraid that im never afraid
    ive got combat boots
    and im american made
    for your eyes girl

mormon lover on a delicate day
    gonna marry the boss
    get carried away
    war cries girl

im not immune to canadian snow
    now teach me everything
    that i should know
    with your eyes girl

freeze on the radio
    ive got to leave and alone
    freeze on the radio
    ive got to bleed into snow
    hold on
    let go
    we know

do you shine like a temple inside
    can i open your core
    so gentle and wide
    like your eyes girl

kick em up stretch em out
    when theyre tight
    this acetylene torch is giving me sight
    war cries girl

black and blue from the hullabaloo
    do the caribou bite
    when they look into you
    and your eyes girl

Lyrics:
    Say what you need to say
    Make it clear
    Make it great
    Cause it’s not too late
    And there’s no mistake
    When you shine
    Shake it for me anyway
    Now we crash the gate
    To investigate
    Your fate

Pleasure to meet you
    Got so much more
    To offer the world
    See what’s in store
    Stay all day
    Someone to love
    That’s my boy chip chop
    Open the doors
    And we never close shop
    Stay all day

Take what you need to take
    To forsake
    Make it for me anyway
    When we fill the void
    That is Pink As Floyd
    To destroy
    Records that we file away
    And I’ll clean the slate
    As I calculate
    Your fate

Pleasure to meet you
    Got so much more
    To offer the world
    See what’s in store
    Stay all day
    Someone to love
    That’s my boy chip chop
    Open the doors
    And we never close shop
    Stay all day

And you shine as you redefine
    Your time, just another time of day
    Do you feel the spark
    When you play the part
    Superstar
    Fake it for me anyway
    Time to tell them all
    Without hem or haw
    No applause
    Tell them how to generate
    How to raise the bar
    How to keep it hard
    To be alive, make it for me anyway
    If you care at all
    You will bare it all
    You will grind, shake it for me anyway
    Born to play the part
    Dying for your art
    Cuz it’s time
    Take it for me anyway
    You will clear the air
    With a single stare
    Your fate

Pink as Floyd is just :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    Listening to Californication (the album). Rick Rubin should be ashamed of himself. I lost count how many times the wave cracks just on the title track alone.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Listening to Californication (the album). Rick Rubin should be ashamed of himself. I lost count how many times the wave cracks just on the title track alone.
    :agree: Mix is horrible on that, along with all their albums after. By The Way isn't so bad I think. Vinyl would be much better though since vinyl can only have half the volume of CD.

Death Magnetic :sergio:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    you need to get back and read what I actually wrote.

:agree: Mix is horrible on that, along with all their albums after. By The Way isn't so bad I think. Vinyl would be much better though since vinyl can only have half the volume of CD.

The vinyl would be just as bad. No matter how far you turn down the sound it still sounds loud because it's brickwalled at +9 dB iirc.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    you need to get back and read what I actually wrote.

The vinyl would be just as bad. No matter how far you turn down the sound it still sounds loud because it's brickwalled at +9 dB iirc.
    I'm pretty sure vinyls are mastered differently (i.e. they don't use the same mix). I remember I heard Stadium Arcadium vinyl on youtube once (in proper quality) and it sounded pretty good compared to the CD.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    I'm pretty sure vinyls are mastered differently (i.e. they don't use the same mix). I remember I heard Stadium Arcadium vinyl on youtube once (in proper quality) and it sounded pretty good compared to the CD.
    I dont know if cali was mixed differently, but id be surprised. Death Magnetic was identical, it seems weird to do double the work. Furthermore if they made it lime that for cd, they must be satisfied, why change it for vinyl?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Or high quality audio through these headphones:

Vinyl is far better than CD. Much less compressed and the dynamics stand out more. Everything just has a warmer sound too.

I dont know if cali was mixed differently, but id be surprised. Death Magnetic was identical, it seems weird to do double the work. Furthermore if they made it lime that for cd, they must be satisfied, why change it for vinyl?
    :boh: Maybe they want to have a proper mix on vinyl where the loudness doesn't matter so much. I'm pretty sure Stadium Arcadium is mixed differently for vinyl, maybe not Californication.

OP
    adRHCP

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
  • Thread Starter #79

That's 'cause By the Way was mixed by my man Mr. John Frusciante :heart:

Yeah, there's one video that proves how diferent is SA in CD and Vinyl. In the vinyl you can even hear a very different solo on the track 'Specially in Michigan' IIRC. I wish I could afford that one :sigh:

- - - Updated - - -

OMG this guy is going to be the opener :lol:

Völler

Always spot on
    May 6, 2012
    I have basically been tired of RHCP for a long time, but I decided to give By the Way a go once again, and it luckily still held up. I'll go as far to say that it is their best album, mostly because of the quality of the slower tracks that never hit the radio. The main singles By the Way and Can't Stop are of course great too. These songs should be highlighted more often:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)