Recap (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2002
ice ur outa date, they jus spent 12million pounds on saha.

When utd need a player, they will spend it.

where as us, we will do swap deals etc to get our man, only raely do we ever jus spned the cash.

Even though we can. If roma can get chivu, on credit, then wtf cant we get anyone??

Buy on AliExpress.com

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stupendous Man ] ++
however Ice, Manu U has a much larger worldwide following thatn Juve, and that turns into more apparel and merchandise sales for Man U around the world.

Proof positive is the US tour that took place last summer. Although the crowds were excellent for all the matches, the only matches to completely sell out were the ones that involved Man U.
that is true... but its still not significant enough for Juve not to spend ...

When you are one of the 5 riches clubs in the world, its not really a question of money as opposed to how wisely you spend it.

I expect a big transfer or 2 this summer.

PS: Geared up for the Superbowl Serge ?? :)

John, again..... ManU spent because they sold Beckham for a lot. And 12 Million for Saha is still not a big transfer compared to what Madrid do every year.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stupendous Man ] ++

In the black= making a profit

in the red= in debt.

Albatross around the neck= carrying a heavy emotional burden.
I've always thought it was "in the green"... isn't it?

Isn't an albatross a bird!?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++

that is true... but its still not significant enough for Juve not to spend ...

When you are one of the 5 riches clubs in the world, its not really a question of money as opposed to how wisely you spend it.

I expect a big transfer or 2 this summer.

PS: Geared up for the Superbowl Serge ?? :)

John, again..... ManU spent because they sold Beckham for a lot. And 12 Million for Saha is still not a big transfer compared to what Madrid do every year.

I just edited my post you quoted. I added more goodies to it.:)

And yeah, of course I'm geared up!!!!!

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I've always thought it was "in the green"... isn't it?

Isn't an albatross a bird!?
gray, green is a term used for money..i'm guessing its american as our currency isnt green except the $100 note i think.

anyway, i think in italy the clubs have to be careful as they are making clubs pay certain fees over a 10 year period and now they want to change it to a 3 year period or something along those lines (i'm sure someone knows the exact issue there). Therefore, clubs in the red such as roma and inter might have to fork out the cash in a shorter period which they may not be able to do. hence, goodbye to the likes of a totti, vieri, chivu and so on. This is why juve being in the black is so important.

nonetheless, we only spent cash on legro and bought out the rest of di vaio in the summer. miccoli, maresca came back from loan. blasi was used in a swap deal to get appiah. so realistically, after winning the scudetto and making a huge load of cash from the CL, spending 15 million on a gun defender such as mexes, ferrari or trabelsi (move thuram into middle) for that matter shouldnt do much to our cash flow one would think.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++

gray, green is a term used for money..i'm guessing its american as our currency isnt green except the $100 note i think.
Yes, but in general, i though positive figures were quoted in green and negative in red. Just look at Championship Manager :D

++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++

after winning the scudetto and making a huge load of cash from the CL, spending 15 million on a gun defender such as mexes, ferrari or trabelsi (move thuram into middle) for that matter shouldnt do much to our cash flow one would think.
Well it's not just one that thinks so, it's the whole world except for one man. Unfortunately, that one man is the one man in the world whose opinion counts in this situation :frown:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Yes, but in general, i though positive figures were quoted in green and negative in red. Just look at Championship Manager
i havent played championship manager but i have done accounting and stuff and its always in black.

you know its funny, how many times in the past have we all been upset at moggi for not buying a player or something and we have always eatin our words. i hope we eat our words again:D

Jul 28, 2002
champ man does not have realistic accounting logic, its black as adrian says.

mexes, trabelsi would not cost much, mexes, 9million roughly, trabelsi for free in the summer. And he said he wants to come to us.

But hey moggi will do right by us, he'll come good in the end.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
trabelsi and mexes would be a dream. play thuram and mexes in the middle with trablesi and zambro as full backs. perfect team!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm still dreaming about Mexes, but I reckon we'll get Stam, Ferrari and Rodriguez :undecide:

Trabelsi would be a phenomenal acquisition, and since he's out of contract at the end of this season, he'd come for free so Moggi better start talking with Ajax if he hasn't done so already. Missing out on a player of Trabelsi's quality is a big mistake, but missing out on a free Trabelsi is plain stupid, especially when the player himself has stated that he wants to play for us.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
I'm still dreaming about Mexes, but I reckon we'll get Stam, Ferrari and Rodriguez :undecide:

Trabelsi would be a phenomenal acquisition, and since he's out of contract at the end of this season, he'd come for free so Moggi better start talking with Ajax if he hasn't done so already. Missing out on a player of Trabelsi's quality is a big mistake, but missing out on a free Trabelsi is plain stupid, especially when the player himself has stated that he wants to play for us.
Trabelsi has stated there are a lot of clubs he would like to play for.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Really? I know that quite a few clubs are interested in him, but I only remember him saying that he'd like to play for Juve.

Jul 28, 2002
Hatem, did say he would like join a great club etc etc, but particularily he mention Juve whom he singled out.

Jul 28, 2002
Burdisso to replace Samuel?
Boca Juniors defender Nicolas Burdisso could be on his way to Roma if they sell Walter Samuel to Chelsea. Reports out of Buenos Aires claim that Boca Vice-president Pedro Pompillo feels the deals could go through in the summer.

Football Italia (Anglo Angle)

well if that happens i wouldnt be too bothered, apart formt he fact we loose the chance of getting burdisso. But at least roma's brick wall defence will be partly dismantled, as samuel would no longer be a problem.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Look at it this way: Chelsea get Samuel and therefore forget about Lucio, while Roma get Burdisso and forget about Gonzalo Rodriguez. That leaves Moggi with choices a plenty; Lucio, Rodriguez, Mexes, Bonera, Ferrari and more.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
That leaves Moggi with choices a plenty; Lucio, Rodriguez, Mexes, Bonera, Ferrari and more.
and there's always the possibility of moggi pulling another unknown one out of the bag;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)