Really Need Advice!!! (1 Viewer)

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
i have papers stating i bought the dog, however, i didn't get papers that i put it in their custody, damn, very stupid of me :crazy:
dog is still yours..Tell to ex owner your family will sue them as they stole dog from you..they play hard so you do the same..otherwise, make a treat to them...or even just forget..

Apr 12, 2004
This isn't strictly support regarding the forums, but I need as much advice as I can get!

In december of 2007, me and my rbothers purchased a german shepherd dog (3 months old) from a couple living locally (not liscenced dealers). I might add that our parents were on holiday and they did not have our consent. the price was £400, and with all negotiations i only managed to knock £25 off. Anyway, we bought the dog all was well. Within a few days however we realised we had made a terrible mistake, it was too much for us to handle however we treid our best and thought we would get used to it. Our parents returned on the 5th day and were very unhappy, and wanted us to return it, however we were adamant he stayed, on the 7th day however enough was enough, and we were forced to go back, the owners reluctantly took him back, but not giving a refund stated that they would sell him on for us on their behalf. I gave them plenty of time, however i called them today, and asked them for the money, the sellers replied that they were not able to sell the dog, and had to give him away to a dog home. She also said that the dog cost a lot of money for them while they were holding on to them and that I coudln't have my money back.

Obviously I was very annoyed, but I am under the impression something is not right, they were extremely fussy about the price of the dog, not willing to go under £375, yet one week later.............they are supposed to sell him on and now they tell me they gave him to a dog home, i think there is a bit of dirty play going on, also the dog was ours, so them giving him to a home without consulting is is very illogical as he was ours. The legal age for buying a dog is 16, and my brother who signed the paper work is 17, so i cannot use that against them, however I know for a fact they should not have given the dog away without consulting us.

Does anyone have any advice on this? any angle i can use against them? take them to court? I realise it was irrisponsible of me and my brothers but everyone makes mistakes, and we only had him for a week, i believe they sold him and kept the money, since i took a long time to come back to them, any advice would be great though

thanks guys
Go to court over 375 E? The fees alone would be 5X that.

You committed and turned back, that's your fault. No problems from their side, I think you just did not hold down your end of the bargain.

They did nothing wrong, and since you were required to return the dog to them, you relinquished ownership.

.....or as they say in Ebonics, "You be fucked."

Apr 12, 2004
dog is still yours..Tell to ex owner your family will sue them as they stole dog from you..they play hard so you do the same..otherwise, make a treat to them...or even just forget..
So?

I have a receipt I own some shoes, I give them to a friend, if I give them to him I no longer own them.

He relinquished ownership on his own, and was not illegally forced into it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)