Quebec vs Vancouver (1 Viewer)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++

Ahh, memories:D

March of 2001, 1 month before my wedding, we went up there to watch a hockey game and have a good time for a few days.

We got into a HUGE brawl at the Hard Rock. Some drunken lout, unknown to me, started hitting on my sister, and when my brother-in-law confronted him, 3 of his friends came over to confront my brother in-law. Little did these poor saps know that we had his 3 brothers plus myself charging in from different parts of the club. We just started swinging. All hell broke loose near the bar on the right hand side of the club when you walk in, and it ended up on the dance floor for about 5 minutes before the bouncers broke it up. They sent up upstairs to chill out for the rest of the night, but didn't kick us out.

Do they still have the KISS Memorabilia when you look up over the main entrance door?

Yes they do... :cool:

I tell one thing, when I get married Im going to Montreal to my honeymoon

OP
K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #25
    Still can't decide on a college, Kiran?
    Martin, it's alot harder than I thought. So many choices. But Canada is much cheaper than the US. That's why I am interested in there all of a sudden. Decided to be a good boy and save my Dad some money. :D

Give you a comparision, say average tuition fee in Canada per year is $10,000 Canadian ($7,000 aprox. US), in the US you can expect to pay around $30,000 US per year.

Big difference don't you think? Plus I think I will enjoy the more European lifestyle in Quebec more.

Well, you'll see better hockey in Vancouver, whenever they start playing again
    Not so much interested in the game. Was never really exposed to it. I do know though, there is a player named Nedved :D.

I´ve heard very nice things about Montreal, nothing special about Vancouver
    That's the thing. Either Montreal is way nicer or noone knows about Vancouver. After all, it's ranked the third nicest city in the WORLD!!!

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++

Give you a comparision, say average tuition fee in Canada per year is $10,000 Canadian ($7,000 aprox. US), in the US you can expect to pay around $30,000 US per year.

Big difference don't you think? Plus I think I will enjoy the more European lifestyle in Quebec more.
    US international student policies have gotten ridiculusly stupid complicated with Bush in office.

Much less students want to come and study here with increased tuition rates and stupid anti-terrorist efforts like SEVIS. Hell, if I were a terrorist I'd find a way to do what I have to do.

And this is hurting US economy. In my school number of international students dropped by 25%.

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #27
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++

US international student policies have gotten ridiculusly stupid complicated with Bush in office.

Much less students want to come and study here with increased tuition rates and stupid anti-terrorist efforts like SEVIS. Hell, if I were a terrorist I'd find a way to do what I have to do.

And this is hurting US economy. In my school number of international students dropped by 25%.
    And it's not going to get any better. Anyway, education in Canada is probably better quality too?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++

Martin, it's alot harder than I thought. So many choices. But Canada is much cheaper than the US. That's why I am interested in there all of a sudden. Decided to be a good boy and save my Dad some money. :D

Not so much interested in the game. Was never really exposed to it. I do know though, there is a player named Nedved :D.

That's the thing. Either Montreal is way nicer or noone knows about Vancouver. After all, it's ranked the third nicest city in the WORLD!!!
    Yep Petr Nedved, former NY Ranger now Edmonton Oiler. Good player. :D

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
    Well, i come from vancouver, and I've been to montreal as well.
    In my opinion, there is no better place to live than Vancouver, there is a reason why it is rated as the top3 cities in the world every year.
    Vancouver is absolutely gorgeous, and there is a lot of nightlife too. You want a good stripclub you can go down to Brandys(forgot the exact name) and if you want nightlife, you can go down to downtown and there are a bunch of clubs around.
    Vancouver isnt as metropolitan as montreal, but if you want to see a metropolitan city, you can go to NYC right?:D
    I graduated from UBC and I can tell you that it is a great university, of course depending on what you want to take. UBC is good at everything dealing with medical and also material engineering, the rest is .. well .. i dunno.
    And to study in mcgill, you will probably need to learn french, thats what i have heard.
    Vancouver is also like a gourmet heaven, good jap food, best chinesefood outside of HK, steaks, :blah:
    There are three ski mountains in north and west van, and whistler is only 2 hours away !!
    not trying to put down monteral btw, but I have to defend my home city right? :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Arttk ] ++
    In my opinion, there is no better place to live than Vancouver, there is a reason why it is rated as the top3 cities in the world every year.
    Vancouver is absolutely gorgeous, and there is a lot of nightlife too. You want a good stripclub you can go down to Brandys(forgot the exact name) and if you want nightlife, you can go down to downtown and there are a bunch of clubs around.
    Vancouver isnt as metropolitan as montreal, but if you want to see a metropolitan city, you can go to NYC right?:D
    I graduated from UBC and I can tell you that it is a great university, of course depending on what you want to take. UBC is good at everything dealing with medical and also material engineering, the rest is .. well .. i dunno.
    And to study in mcgill, you will probably need to learn french, thats what i have heard.
    Vancouver is also like a gourmet heaven, good jap food, best chinesefood outside of HK, steaks, :blah:
    There are three ski mountains in north and west van, and whistler is only 2 hours away !!
    not trying to put down monteral btw, but I have to defend my home city right? :D

Eh, Hoser.

Take Off, eh??:D:D

Vancouver is very nice. Been there once, about 7 years ago. But Montreal is the place, man.

Nothing better than walking down Rue St. Catherines on a Sunday Morning at 7:00, heading on down to the International Cafe, get yourself some espresso, fruit and cheese, a Gazzetta Dello Sport and a fine Cuban cigar, and just sit there and relax for an hour.

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
    Nothing better than walking down Rue St. Catherines on a Sunday Morning at 7:00, heading on down to the International Cafe, get yourself some espresso, fruit and cheese, a Gazzetta Dello Sport and a fine Cuban cigar, and just sit there and relax for an hour.
    i dunno about that, I never wakeup before 12 when I am in vancouver unless there is school :D

Both cities are good :)
    But trust me , vancouver has changed a lot since 7 years ago, lots of new things everywhere, you will be surprised when you go down to richmond, or downtown.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

i dunno about that, I never wakeup before 12 when I am in vancouver unless there is school :D

Both cities are good :)
    But trust me , vancouver has changed a lot since 7 years ago, lots of new things everywhere, you will be surprised when you go down to richmond, or downtown.
    Who said anything about me sleeping the night before??:D

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
    Who said anything about me sleeping the night before??
    thats the spirit !! :D
    anyway, i prefer getting a cup of gelato and walking down along denman ave, at the west side of downtown towards the beach. Probably one of the nicest places to be during the summer :) especially when everybody is in bikinis :)

but trust me, no city outside of china, or HK can rival the quality of chinese cuisine in vancouver , :D

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
    I don't know, we kinda got over it like 4 months ago :)
    Most of the town still supports him fully, plus the whole thing is like a media circus, we would've gotten more attention if kobe didn't had his daily court hearings :D

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #36
    Arttk, you have just made my decision even harder :D

But really, thanks for you insite. I know Vancouver is a gorgeous place as well.

I would have applied to UBC but I don't think they accept undergaduates in January.

I've been to Vancouver about 2 years ago but was never really able to experience it properly as my time was limited and I was with my parents.

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
    If you don't mind me asking, what are you applying for ?
    Undergrad is .. umm .. amazingly hard to get into now, I grad jst recently, and I can tell you what is good and what is bad :D

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #38
    If you don't mind me asking, what are you applying for ?
    Undergrad is .. umm .. amazingly hard to get into now, I grad jst recently, and I can tell you what is good and what is bad :D
    You're scaring me now. :D

I want to do Engineering. Preferrably Aeronautics but since most universities don't do that, Mechanical.

But for UVic, they don't accept students in January for Engineering so I applied for Computer Sciene, which is my second choice. I suppose I can always transfer in September.

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
    I am a mech from UBC, ummm dont do it !!! dont join UBC !!!
    Well its not too bad, but its not too good either, the best engineering department in UBC is materials, and yeah, they don't accept students in Jan, anyway good luck :) But oh, UBC is starting on this biomech thing too, something you can prep for in 3rd - 4th year.

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #40
    I am a mech from UBC, ummm dont do it !!! dont join UBC !!!
    Well its not too bad, but its not too good either, the best engineering department in UBC is materials, and yeah, they don't accept students in Jan, anyway good luck :) But oh, UBC is starting on this biomech thing too, something you can prep for in 3rd - 4th year.
    Thanks man.

Can I ask you something. Is Chemistry absolutely, must must must, have for entering engineering?

I mean, is it you can't cope at all if you don't have chemistry? Or is it something that u can merely learn while doing engineering?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)