Quag and Matri (3 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Even if we're going for Pastore or Agüero then both. I don't want Iaquinta or Amauri to remain at Juventus.
Remember that we're only playing Serie A, next season. No Europa League, we can still get rid of Amauri and Iaquinta and sign some back-ups for less money. We need to invest in defense. We don't have any useful RBs and LBs.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Matri for sure. He managed to produce the same end product in a team that was going through a period of much much worse results.

Says alot about a striker IMO.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If I had to choose, I would sign Matri as well.

I really don't think Quag would have kept up that sort of form anyway. He's never done it in the past, so no reason to believe it now.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If I had to choose, I would sign Matri as well.

I really don't think Quag would have kept up that sort of form anyway. He's never done it in the past, so no reason to believe it now.
Quagliarella used to be inconsistent, with us he was consistent up until his injury. I don't think it is a very healthy assumption to reflect on what he has done in the past.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Quagliarella used to be inconsistent, with us he was consistent up until his injury. I don't think it is a very healthy assumption to reflect on what he has done in the past.
I don't agree. I don't think it's wise to just throw out history like that. Quag has always been an inconsistent player. Why should I believe otherwise?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't agree. I don't think it's wise to just throw out history like that. Quag has always been an inconsistent player. Why should I believe otherwise?
You can believe whatever you want, I still think your assumption is not healthy. I like Quagliarella from the very first time I ever heard about him, I got happy he came to Juve and I was delighted he hit form with us. I know that his seasons were not impressive but his seasons used to be complete, with us he played less than half a season.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Was Matri consistent before this season?
Last year Matri had about 15 goals and 7 assists, which isn't bad for playing with such a side.

You can believe whatever you want, I still think your assumption is not healthy. I like Quagliarella from the very first time I ever heard about him, I got happy he came to Juve and I was delighted he hit form with us. I know that his seasons were not impressive but his seasons used to be complete, with us he played less than half a season.
It's not healthy to just throw out history. Quag was very good in his first few months here, but I've never seen him keep that sort of form throughout the year. You must rate him higher than I do.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It's not healthy to just throw out history. Quag was very good in his first few months here, but I've never seen him keep that sort of form throughout the year. You must rate him higher than I do.
I am not throwing out history, I am only saying that the conditions are different to be compared. I don't know how much do you rate him, I consider him a decent forward that has some special moments. I might like him more than you do but that's a different story.

Jul 1, 2010
Serie A stats last 3 seasons:

2006-2007: Matri(Rimini, B), 28 games, 4 goals. Quagliarella(Sampdoria, A)->35 games, 13 goals.
2007-2008: Matri(Cagliari, A)->24 games, 6 goals. Quagliarella-(Udinese, A)>37 games, 12 goals.
2008-2009: Matri(Cagliari, A)->31 games, 6 goals. Quagliarella(Udinese, A)->36 games, 13 goals.
2009-2010: Matri(Cagliari, A)->38 games, 13 goals. Quagliarella(Napoli, A)->34 games, 11 goals.
2010-2011: Matri(Cagliari-Juventus, A)->37 games, 20 goals. Quagliarella(Juventus, A)->17 games, 9 goals.

Quagliarella has actually been more consistent than Matri over the last 5 years, and he is only 1 year older. In the last five years, Matri has 45 goals in 130 Serie A games while Quagliarella has 58 goals in 159 Serie A games. Matri has 0.346 goals per game while Quagliarella has 0.365 goals per game.

Last year Matri had about 15 goals and 7 assists, which isn't bad for playing with such a side.
13 goals, not 15.

I want both though, I just think that it is unfair to say that Quagliarella is more inconsistent than Matri.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
In the perfect scenario I would love to see a 4-3-3 and with that Quaglia would not have roam in the squad, but in a 4-4-2? Both.

Quaglia, Matri, Del Piero, Toni + 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)