Pro Evolution Soccer (R.I.P.) (6 Viewers)

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #482
    Many played the 2020 demo?

Having played FIFA a lot last year, the first impressions are how good it looks graphically. The player models on PES were always better, for me, and they pay more attention to detail to the little things for players who aren't just top 20 in the world. The crowds and stadiums also look amazing, the detail and movement in the crowd is the most authentic I've seen yet.

Gamplay is classic PES plus lots more variation in the animations. Pulling players back can result in players being spun around, the physics are far superior to FIFA 19, at least. I'm imagining that EA won't have changed theirs much, could be wrong.

Still like FIFA shots and keepers better, there's something a bit too tame and floppy about the PES keepers when you go back, but I think that is also because too many keepers on FIFA make ridiculous saves. Saying that, De Gea made some ridiculous ones against me, so they have clearly changed the keeper physics too.

Refs also much harsher on PES.

So far so good.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013

Having played FIFA a lot last year, the first impressions are how good it looks graphically. The player models on PES were always better, for me, and they pay more attention to detail to the little things for players who aren't just top 20 in the world. The crowds and stadiums also look amazing, the detail and movement in the crowd is the most authentic I've seen yet.

Gamplay is classic PES plus lots more variation in the animations. Pulling players back can result in players being spun around, the physics are far superior to FIFA 19, at least. I'm imagining that EA won't have changed theirs much, could be wrong.

Still like FIFA shots and keepers better, there's something a bit too tame and floppy about the PES keepers when you go back, but I think that is also because too many keepers on FIFA make ridiculous saves. Saying that, De Gea made some ridiculous ones against me, so they have clearly changed the keeper physics too.

So far so good.
    Agree on pretty much everything. PES has the better gameplay mechanics, ball physics, player movement, animations etc... They lacked in presentation but I played this year’s demo and I noticed some improvements to the crowd and the general atmosphere.

Having said that, this is the first year in a long time EA has paid some attention to Career Mode which is the only mode I give a shit about and finally they did some substantial changes that can give me a little more fun for my buck. Also while I can’t talk about it I’ve been playing the beta version and think I’m going with FIFA again this time around.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002

So far so good.

I want to play the demo, but my brothers (or one of them specifically) who I allways play against refuse to play the demo :D He says is too long time left til game comes out. And we still play PES2019 weekly, still daily sometimes (I never play against cpu anymore, they bore me). Cant go back to PES2019 if we touch demo lol (demo matches way too short, and too few teams).

Btw, this might be the first PES I might need to change from dpad to analogue sticks, I been a staunch dpad veteran in all PES games, but it seems like they changed the movement/and animations so heavily in next PES that I might be in disadvantage if I stick with dpads.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I won a local PES tourno last summer playing Dpad, you cant imagine how salty some of them got only that fact alone (half of them were my friends so extra lolsy). I dont do the fancy flicks as quickly as them, but I feel the dpad is way more accurate for pes, but yeah its just a habit thing lol. I play analogue sticks on all other games.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #487
    Lol didn't know anyone still used dpad. I remember when analogue first came out it was hard to control shots and passes, and still is harder to some extent, but there is a lot more variation in direction - well worth practising how to use.

I bet your shots are unstoppable after all these years on dpad, it can only go in three directions.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009

So far so good.
    I am playing it every day and absolutely love it. The best football simulation game I've ever played tbh.

As you mentioned yourself, refs kinda suck but Konami have already informed the players that this problem will be carefully looked into.

I'll definitely buy the full version.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    9 days left only? Ok time to start playing the demo then (thought game would come out 17-18th). But man im not gonna like the 5 minutes only matches :O

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    9 days left only? Ok time to start playing the demo then (thought game would come out 17-18th). But man im not gonna like the 5 minutes only matches :O
    At least you can press "rematch"

Can't do that in FiFA demos iirc.

Cuadrado Bonucci Chiello A.Sandro
    Pjanic Matuidi
    Ramsey
    Costa Dybala Ronaldo​

:tuttosport:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)