Pro Evolution Soccer (R.I.P.) (5 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I doubt it. They are more like scaling back, have been for years. They ruined their classic franchises long time ago (castlevania, Contra etc). They friggin cancelled a new Silent Hill game done by Guillermo Del Torro and their cash cow genius Hideo Kojima. Who the fuck does that? Same Kojima who is the main reason they been giving up, he is pretty much their only major talent and has been for 30 years, and he is leaving for sure after MGSV releases next month, after fighting with them regularly.

For PES I'm sure they will keep still releasing yearly, and they will try to keep doing MGS games occasionally without Kojima and fail (no talent, everyone leaving), and that will be it for them. They have been severely unambitious with PES for long long time so I hope they sell the rights and with the same Seabass production theme go a European or North American company, but doubt it.

Japanese gaming companies in general have been horribly outdated and dysfunctional for long time now internationally speaking. Barely doing anything new and almost self destructing (Sega, Capcom, Nintendo with nothing but remakes etc). Only decent one is square Enix, but they becoming more irrelevant with every new Final Fantasy edition.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #22
    The Japanese market is quite different, that's why. It's all about mobile gaming. US/EU > Japanese console ports are garbage, service is terrible in comparison, slow servers, there is little to keep people on consoles. Before that they wanted consoles over PC gaming. The Japanese want things quickly accessible, and companies will go where they make money.

PES and WE account for a large amount of Konami's videogame sales, in fact I think it was something like half last year, so I don't think they will be giving it up just yet, especially considering the investment they have made for PES 2015 in terms of development, licenses and the like. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them ditch the Xbox platform at some point, no one uses it in Japan, and Microsoft are constantly hampering the Xbox version of the game with licensing issues.

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    Every year i keep saying im going to go back to PES. Then never do. Hope this one starts the cycle for me again.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #25
    They've got my favourite English commentator, Peter Drury :tup: Drury and Jim Beglin is a good team.

Another license confirmed for Konami: Euro 2016

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
    PS4 will be much better for this, considering the customisation levels with image slots, real kits etc.
    Lets see JJ.. just saw that it will release on XBOX 360 as well.. mine just got fried so I may consider buying another 360 for a cheap price.. Im not a fan of PS to be honest

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #32
    Lets see JJ.. just saw that it will release on XBOX 360 as well.. mine just got fried so I may consider buying another 360 for a cheap price.. Im not a fan of PS to be honest
    Even so PS4 users will be getting a more customisable game because Microsoft are extremely harsh with licensing issues, so the PS4 version will allow you to make any team and any league with full license quality.

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
    If only PES had FIFA's licenses so it could have the official names and kits then I would be sold, but the game just doesn't do it for me. It doesn't have a clean interface, unlike FIFA, and FIFA, while annoying at times, is the supremely better game, imo. Its FIFA's reign to lose so hopefully PES does well this year but I doubt it will take the number one spot.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I don't play PES solo game modes, allways multi-player with others. So can't attest to career mode or ML looks like in this edition. I get bored playing vs AI, and gave up on PES master league many years ago lol.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #38
    I meant fifa 15 and pes 2015

I'm currently still playing fifa15, thats why :p

Does pes has some kind of career mode ?
    I played both. PES takes some adjusting to coming out of FIFA, just feels more difficult to play at first, not as easy, but you notice more rewarding things once you play it.

It has it's the same kind of modes:

PES - FIFA
    Become a Legend = Player Career Mode
    Master League/ML Online = Career Mode
    myClub = Ultimate Team

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    What i missed in fifa, and this is a huge selling factor for me was playermanager

Basically, i love to grow a virtual pro, but at the same time, i also want to be in full controll of the team.

In fifa13 this was the case with "career mode : playermanager". In 14 and 15 they removed this, so you could eighter controll only the vpro, or only the team(without a pro).
    I miss this a huge deal. So what i tried to do instead is"create a player". But they dont progress. So then i made a player online (fifa15) in wich you can set potential. Once again, they dont progress.

Now i hear that in PES you can customize. So does PES has playermanager, or can created players actually grow ?

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #40
    You can edit yourself as a player or manager from scratch with the built in editor, I did it as a manager and player for 2015.

You can create any player on it, and yes they grow in the career modes just the same as any player. You can give them determining growth factors like 'early peak' (Pato, Owen), 'medium growth' (typical player) or 'late bloomer' (Toni etc).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)