Primavera & U17 (3 Viewers)

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #21
    Their first team is doing really well this year and will be in the Championship.

But in terms of kid development, at that age you can't judge at all what level of player anyone will be. Some kids pick up the game quicker or they are a bit bigger, faster, stronger.

I remember one lad who used to play in my brother's team around the same age, his dad was an ex-pro and this kid was really good. Tournament after tournament he'd be running through entire teams both regionally and nationally. He did end up getting onto the books at Coventry and played a few games for the first team but now plays semi pro. In the end, when he got to 17-18 he wasn't bigger or faster and was only more skilled than about 30% of players. Meanwhile some players he played against are at League 1 level or above.

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #22
    Btw I'll make a separate thread next season but coming from the U17 team I'm a big fan of Franco Tongya and have been for a while.

We also have a striker called Marco Lipari on loan from Empoli who has scored goals for fun all season. I doubt we won't sign him outright.

The French kid Ahamada is also worth keeping an eye on, as is Koni De Winter.

Btw the U17 won the Future Cup in Holland a few days ago, beating Ajax in the final of what is basically their own tournament;

Last year Juve lost to Ajax in the final of this.

Great goal by Ervin Omic as well. He's an Austrian AM we signed in January but I don't know much about him.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Omic looked really good. Also do we have English kid, Michael Brentan, was sent off lol.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #32
    Really impressive result. Also comes off the back of a great 3-0 win against Empoli, who are always good at this level.

Players to watch this year:
    Second season players - Moreno, Fagioli, Gozzi, Kaly Sene, Petrelli, Israel, maybe Vlasenko
    New/first season players - Ahamada, Sekulov, Tongya, Ranocchia, Dragusin

Next up - Atalanta away, big test.

The U17s also started with a bang, thrashing Genoa 4-0. Bonetti with two goals - keep an eye on him as he's always scored a lot of goals. Bevilacqua has also impressed me in that age group. Also giant striker Leonardo Cerri, who we paid over €1m for from Pescara. No relation to Alberto, the other giant Cerri on our books. Pescara have a 50% sell-on clause with him.

Omic the Austrian AM is also supposed to be a bit of a wonderkid, but we'll see.

BTW I've update the front page.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #35
    First two games in UEFA Youth League:

Atletico Madrid 0-4 Juventus
    Juventus 4-1 Bayer Leverkusen

Sene, Moreno, Fagioli (P) and Leo with the goals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)