Primavera 2012-13 (+ Allievi Nazionali & others) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Daniele Rugani, Pol Garcia Tena, Andrea Schiavone, Elvis Kabashi and Stefano Beltrame are all called up for the senior squad's match against Udinese tonight. It would be great to see Rugani at the back for a late show, also Beltrame get a small opportunity in attack. I wonder why Padovan was omitted?? Perhaps he is more urgently required for the primavera game against Spezia. And will get his chance next time around. Not much chance of seeing Elvix or Schiavone I suspect...but at the back and up top, who knows.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Our primavera team returned to action yesterday and proceeded to earn their first victory of 2013 with a well earned 2-1 home victory over mid table Spezia. With our nearest challengers, Fiorentina, winning 2-0 at home to Genoa, it was important to grab all three points. Second Striker Eric Lanini, mainly used as a sub previously took the most of his opportunity by cooly slotting home when put through one on one with the keeper in the first half. The oddly nicknamed 'squealing piglets' of Spezia recovered and pulled themselves level through a curling free kick hit by General Franco, but that man again, Lanini, was on hand to put the game beyond their sinister reach, when converting a penalty. Worth noting is that along those playing due to the absence of several key first team players, 15 year old ITaly u16 midfielder Fillipo Romagna made his debut. Mightily impressive to find someone of that age mixing it with the surely more physically developed mainly 18 and 19 year olds in the primavera league.

Italy u16 international midfielder Fillipo Romagna made his debut for the Primavera (u19) in yesterday's 2-1 victory over Spezia

With 15 games played, we remain in first position, 4 points clear of Fiorentina.

Baroni's young warriors must now begin to prepare for the first leg of their coppa italia semi-final this coming wednesday, where they will face arch enemies, Torino. Hopefully, by then some of our star players will have recovered from their various stints in the medical ward...

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
First leg of the Primavera coppa italia semi-final yesterday against our cross town rivals, Torino. We mashed those red jerseyed mormons 0-2, with Gerbaudo and Schiavone doing the damage late on in the match. From what I have read, we had most of the pressure...team line-up to follow.

The second leg will be played on 30th January. In the other semi, Napoli drew 1-1 with Roma

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #217
    That black number 9 for Torino, I assume is Abou Diop? I've heard good things about him, worth keeping an eye on too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)