Premier League 2023-24 (45 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
People forget how irrevelant Pool had become before Klopp took over. He actually took Pool over in October when they were 10th in the league. And had finished 6th previous year.

They didnt even play in CL before Klopp took over. And people are ignoring how huge the epl win was for pool fans. 30 years since Pool had won the league. Unless the next guy is instantly success (which i doubt cause Salah and VVD are nearing end of their time there, actually need rebuild key areas), Klopp legacy will only get bigger.

Klopp winning the league is same if say Motta wins us the CL finally.

Also small details can be a difference in everything. 2016 it was still the previous manager team (Mignolet, Can, Toure, Sturridge, Benteke, Lovren) playing against Sevilla who are EL Madrid. CL2022, after everything we have witnessed, Real Madrid should always be considered favorites. The other one, Karius horror show.

There will always be ifs and buts (i think this season, they have blown everything, poor end to Klopp time but maybe he is right then to step down). People forget where Pool was when he took over. 6th previous year and 10th when he took over. They hadnt done anything in europe since Benitez left. Klopp instantly made impact.
And yet you seem to forget they finished 2nd with 84 points the year before that, just 2 points off the title.

As I said, his first period was a resounding success. Building them up from a mess to title winners. That was brilliant. Just like his first few years with Dortmund. But are you seriously arguing that the last 4 years have been a success? If they turn around and win the title this year, sure… but as of now it’s 4 years without any relevant trophy. They finished 5th last year behind Arsenal, Newcastle, and Ten Hag’s joke of a ManU. Got knocked out of CL Rof16. This year they are currently in 3rd in PL and got embarrassed by tinpot Serie A’s 6th place team, Atalanta, in Europa League quarters. This is the team y’all arguing Klopp turned into and kept as a European powerhouse, the elite of the elite. Remind me what they’ve done since 2020?

Klopp seems to choke hard as soon as expectations of success arrive.

Last edited:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Klopp also got extremely lucky to play Spurs in the CL final. Liverpool were poor in the final and lucky Spurs didn't take advantage.

Kane was also carrying an injury and rushed back for the final.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And I 'member not too long ago where the amazing pundits claimed Virgil Van Dyke was the best defender on the planet and Trent Alexander Aaaaarnold was a potential Ballon D'Or winner. What happened?

Salah is annoying as well, will be nice when he becomes irrelevant in Saudi.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I think Slot is a better fit (no pun intended) than Amorim who they were previously linked with, to carry on with Klopp's work
Is he a good coach? Like actually. Seems to be lot of hype because of this news now. Ten Hag also looked like he could be one of the best coaches when he was at Ajax. I can see this go bad real quick tbh. Eredevise hasnt produced good coaches for years.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet you seem to forget they finished 2nd with 84 points the year before that, just 2 points off the title.

As I said, his first period was a resounding success. Building them up from a mess to title winners. That was brilliant. Just like his first few years with Dortmund. But are you seriously arguing that the last 4 years have been a success? If they turn around and win the title this year, sure… but as of now it’s 4 years without any relevant trophy. They finished 5th last year behind Arsenal, Newcastle, and Ten Hag’s joke of a ManU. Got knocked out of CL Rof16. This year they are currently in 3rd in PL and got embarrassed by tinpot Serie A’s 6th place team, Atalanta, in Europa League quarters. This is the team y’all arguing Klopp turned into and kept as a European powerhouse, the elite of the elite. Remind me what they’ve done since 2020?

Klopp seems to choke hard as soon as expectations of success arrive.
I dont think it really works like that. All cases are individual. For example do you think Napoli should fight for title next season?
Klopp took over 2016. 2 years difference since 2013-2014. Suarez was player of the year, no? He left to Barca in 2014. Pool bought Balotelli same summer....lol. Gerard also retired just before Klopp arrived. Sterling went to Man City. Add flop signings like Benteke (prior to Klopp arrival, again Balotelli coming after Suarez). The squad was a mess. So i dont forget anything. The squad wasnt anymore the 84p squad. And lets not forget it was largely carried by Suarez and Gerrard that season. Those 2 were the most important players in the squad.

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Is he a good coach? Like actually. Seems to be lot of hype because of this news now. Ten Hag also looked like he could be one of the best coaches when he was at Ajax. I can see this go bad real quick tbh. Eredevise hasnt produced good coaches for years.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think it really works like that. All cases are individual. For example do you think Napoli should fight for title next season?
Klopp took over 2016. 2 years difference since 2013-2014. Suarez was player of the year, no? He left to Barca in 2014. Pool bought Balotelli same summer....lol. Gerard also retired just before Klopp arrived. Sterling went to Man City. Add flop signings like Benteke (prior to Klopp arrival, again Balotelli coming after Suarez). The squad was a mess. So i dont forget anything. The squad wasnt anymore the 84p squad. And lets not forget it was largely carried by Suarez and Gerrard that season. Those 2 were the most important players in the squad.
When I say better fit I mean in terms of his preferred formation, Amorim favours more of a 3 man defence system which I dont think suits Liverpool, in terms of who is the better manager? its difficult to scale someone who manages in Portugal and one in the Netherlands, however what I will say is that what Amorim has done and achieved with Sporting is quite remarkable, given how they are always in the shadows of Porto and Benfica.

Then you look at PSV who just look unstoppable in the Netherlands, they're managed by freaking Peter Bosz who was a disaster at Dortmund and barely lasted a few games for Lyon.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
When I say better fit I mean in terms of his preferred formation, Amorim favours more of a 3 man defence system which I dont think suits Liverpool, in terms of who is the better manager? its difficult to scale someone who manages in Portugal and one in the Netherlands, however what I will say is that what Amorim has done and achieved with Sporting is quite remarkable, given how they are always in the shadows of Porto and Benfica.

Then you look at PSV who just look unstoppable in the Netherlands, they're managed by freaking Peter Bosz who was a disaster at Dortmund and barely lasted a few games for Lyon.
Will he be another Erik ten hag?

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005

Thats exactly the example, by these stats and logics Pool should have gone for Bosz.

Klopp was competing with Jupp Bayern and made Dortmund contenders in europe too. Again that club was nowhere before Klopp arrival. Everyone could tell he was a good manager.

I wouldnt take eredevise manager to Juve. Imaging taking Ten Hag now after his man utd spell. Besides everything else i think that job has proven he doesnt have the experience and qualification to manage big club like utd. Now most people in uk are bashing Ten Hag and we dont really know if is a good manager or not. I wouldnt be surprised if he would go to Bayern (he was Pep assistant there) and has some success. Utd seems to be a career suicide to managers. Or why take such gamble like manutd anyway.

These examples also remind me of Andre Villa Boas. One of Mourinhos assistants. He won a treble at Porto (EL not CL but still). Things turned south for him at Chelsea real quick. Didnt even last one season there. Never really recovered. Went to russia, small spell at Marseille. Went to Dakar. But he was called mini Mourinho back in 2011 when he left Porto for Chelsea. He just became Porto President. He is 45 now.

Nagelsmann also was given Bayern job way too early. We still dont know if he is good manager or not. He is now German youngest NT coach cause they really have very few alternatives. Now there were stories about return to Bayern. He obv was/has been one of german most promising young managers but everything happened way too quick for him. He didnt really have much time to settle in. Then at Bayern he was managing players who were older than him. Seemed like he lacked the authority to lead them.

Last edited:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Thats exactly the example, by these stats and logics Pool should have gone for Bosz.

Klopp was competing with Jupp Bayern and made Dortmund contenders in europe too. Again that club was nowhere before Klopp arrival. Everyone could tell he was a good manager.

I wouldnt take eredevise manager to Juve. Imaging taking Ten Hag now after his man utd spell. Besides everything else i think that job has proven he doesnt have the experience and qualification to manage big club like utd. Now most people in uk are bashing Ten Hag and we dont really know if is a good manager or not. I wouldnt be surprised if he would go to Bayern (he was Pep assistant there) and has some success. Utd seems to be a career suicide to managers.

These examples also remind me of Andre Villa Boas. One of Mourinhos assistants. He won a treble at Porto (EL not CL but still). Things turned south for him at Chelsea real quick. Didnt even last one season there. Never really recovered. Went to russia, small spell at Marseille. Went to Dakar. But he was called mini Mourinho back in 2011 when he left Porto for Chelsea. He just became Porto President. He is 45 now.

Nagelsmann also was given Bayern job way too early. We still dont know if he is good manager or not. He is now German youngest NT coach cause they really have very few alternatives. Now there were stories about return to Bayern. He obv was/has been one of german most promising young managers but everything happened way too quick for him. He didnt really have much time to settle in. Then at Bayern he was managing players who were older than him. Seemed like he lacked the authority to lead them.
Wow I didn't know villa's boas became porto's president, I knew he had intentions and it met with alot of anger by Porto fans as the now previous president was at the helm for over 40 years

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Doubt if..but he’s been pushing City to the limit recently which is an achievement on its own. Would love it if they go on to win the whole thing this season. Arsenal has a feel good factor about them for me, unlike other EPL clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Can he win the premier league title?
With Pep around? Unlikely but I'd love to see it.

Klopp managed to snatch just the one league title from him in an entire reign. Its very difficult to have the needed consistency to beat Pep's City to a league title.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
No matter what, 6 league titles in 7 seasons is an incredible achievement

With all the talk about money, Union and Chelsea have spent more money than them in the same timeframe

Arsenal and Pool have had significant investments during this time as well

Greatest team of the PL era, surpassed Fergie's Union but could easily get cancelled if those financial allegations against them turn out to be true(very unlikely tho)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 14, Guests: 22)