Premier League 2023-24 (37 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
@Badass J Elkann why are you so hell-bent on defending him?
Well, this is United's official statement:

"Manchester United has concluded its internal investigation into the allegations made against Mason Greenwood.
Our process commenced in February 2023, following all charges against Mason being dropped. Throughout, we have taken into account the wishes, rights and perspective of the alleged victim along with the club’s standards and values, and sought to collate as much information and context as possible. This has required us to proceed with sensitivity and care to obtain evidence not in the public domain, including from those with direct knowledge of the case.

Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged. That said, as Mason publicly acknowledges today, he has made mistakes which he is taking responsibility for.

All those involved, including Mason, recognise the difficulties with him recommencing his career at Manchester United. It has therefore been mutually agreed that it would be most appropriate for him to do so away from Old Trafford, and we will now work with Mason to achieve that outcome
.".

The man simply didn't do it. If the charges were dropped and an internal investigation didn't bring anything to light, surely we should treat him as if the entire ordeal never happened?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
@Badass J Elkann why are you so hell-bent on defending him?
As @Seven pointed out in the official statement and likewise as I pointed out earlier that man utd were seriously considering reintergrating him back into the team because they don't seem to think he's guilty of the charges, only a public backlash that made man utd think twice, but in all honesty in the eyes of the law he is innocent as he was never found guilty. I can only base my judgement on that without going into details of the evidence on show. Remember not all of the evidence was made to public domain so we don't really know but in a way I feel its wrong to condemn someone who is deemed innocent in the eyes of the law.

On this basis I see him as an opportunity signing given how talented he is. Either way it would be wrong for his footballing career to be over after this episode, but I highly doubt he will play for another British team.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Well, this is United's official statement:

"Manchester United has concluded its internal investigation into the allegations made against Mason Greenwood.
Our process commenced in February 2023, following all charges against Mason being dropped. Throughout, we have taken into account the wishes, rights and perspective of the alleged victim along with the club’s standards and values, and sought to collate as much information and context as possible. This has required us to proceed with sensitivity and care to obtain evidence not in the public domain, including from those with direct knowledge of the case.

Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged. That said, as Mason publicly acknowledges today, he has made mistakes which he is taking responsibility for.

All those involved, including Mason, recognise the difficulties with him recommencing his career at Manchester United. It has therefore been mutually agreed that it would be most appropriate for him to do so away from Old Trafford, and we will now work with Mason to achieve that outcome.".

The man simply didn't do it. If the charges were dropped and an internal investigation didn't bring anything to light, surely we should treat him as if the entire ordeal never happened?
As @Seven pointed out in the official statement and likewise as I pointed out earlier that man utd were seriously considering reintergrating him back into the team because they don't seem to think he's guilty of the charges, only a public backlash that made man utd think twice, but in all honesty in the eyes of the law he is innocent as he was never found guilty. I can only base my judgement on that without going into details of the evidence on show. Remember not all of the evidence was made to public domain so we don't really know but in a way I feel its wrong to condemn someone who is deemed innocent in the eyes of the law.

On this basis I see him as an opportunity signing given how talented he is. Either way it would be wrong for his footballing career to be over after this episode, but I highly doubt he will play for another British team.
Even aside from this, his stats seem very unimpressive. Why put the club in more hot water over seemingly overrated English player #2838473?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Even aside from this, his stats seem very unimpressive. Why put the club in more hot water over seemingly overrated English player #2838473?
A player is more than just stats, he was playing in a God awful man utd team especially under wreck it Ralph scoring something like 1 goal every 3 games which for a 18/19 year old at the time is pretty decent when you consider how here on tuz get excited about any kid that has that 1 moment like "that shot" on a technical level he is exceptional.

Italy is a nation that confronts racism by making portraits of Apes ffs... Italy confronts domestic violence by smearing lip stick on their face each year... In the eyes of the law he's innocent and yet we still treat him like he's guilty.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well, I hope we don't get him, because I'm not that impressed by him as a player. But the allegations don't have anything to do with that.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
A player is more than just stats, he was playing in a God awful man utd team especially under wreck it Ralph scoring something like 1 goal every 3 games which for a 18/19 year old at the time is pretty decent when you consider how here on tuz get excited about any kid that has that 1 moment like "that shot" on a technical level he is exceptional.

Italy is a nation that confronts racism by making portraits of Apes ffs... Italy confronts domestic violence by smearing lip stick on their face each year... In the eyes of the law he's innocent and yet we still treat him like he's guilty.
Why are you still pushing for this man? We're already despised amongst Europe

"Oh but the law didn't prosecute him" right but there's a fucking transcript out there.

Maybe read this and decide is he's worth ruining Juve for

Attachments

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Or ya know... a millionaire teenager who can't handle not immediately getting what he wants.

Are you his new head of PR? All this for a random kid who isn't linked to us. You'd think he was 27 year old Messi.
So what its a crime to actually come out and say "hey you know what, this kid has talent" he's innocent in the eyes of the law, and possibly an idea worth exploring considering we are looking at players like Berardi who play in a similar role but most probably without the extortionate costings of berardi. I never once said he was world class or some prime Messi as you're putting it, but he is a very decent player.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Go find the audio recording

If that's not enough to make you think

"Hmmm. Maybe this is a bad idea!" Then I have nothing left to say lmao

I'm all for false accusers getting thrown in jail for 20 years but there's a fucking recording what sounds like textbook rape

Being cleared of rape because "key witness(es)" dropped out doesn't mean you're innocent, it just means they couldn't chase a prosecution.

Basically, as i said before, the girlfriend is a gold digger and a victim. She'd rather put up with this to keep a millionaire lifestyle. Doesn't make Greenwood less of a cunt.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I mean it reads like rape, which is a crime.

It's really, really bizarre that you're pushing this so hard when he's clearly a piece of shit of a person and only a "very decent player."

It was merely a suggestion, you make it sound like im holding the club to ransom to sign him, it would be nice if actually some of you would stop putting words into my mouth.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
It was merely a suggestion, you make it sound like im holding the club to ransom to sign him, it would be nice if actually some of you would stop putting words into my mouth.

In light of the audio recording & fans all over the globe threatening to boycott United if they kept him, this may be the worst suggestion in the history of suggestions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 14, Guests: 18)