Premier League 2022-23 (17 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Who isn't admitting he is a top class player though?

I don't think it's a stretch to say he has picked well - attacking teams in attacking leagues. His agent team are not stupid. Next he can go to Bayern or Madrid or PSG and nothing will change for him. It's also a stretch to say he wouldn't score in Serie A, although I'm absolutely confident he wouldn't have 9 goals in 3 home games in current Juve under Allegri lol.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
His numbers weren’t as crazy as they were in Spain though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
true, but he still ripped serie a in his 30s with average like rabiot, matuidi, sandro, mckennie as his creators.

imagine he had pirlo vidal, pogba. he would have easily scored 35+ goals every season. higuain showed that with napoli.

we gotta stop using the space excuse for serie a. there is no such thing as lack of space in serie a, only shit tactics

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Wait so people can't admit that Halaand is a top class player, possibly best striker/player of the generation, so now they say he shines because EPL defense is shit? :lol: Give me a fucking break. You had that excuse when he was in Germany and even then it was silly, now it's just plain stupid. City got their hands on gold.

Anyone who says shit like that, just show them his CL goals record.

He has a career average of more goals then games, in over 3 leagues and and CL.

Kid is a legit all time great scorer.

Its that simple.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Wait so people can't admit that Halaand is a top class player, possibly best striker/player of the generation, so now they say he shines because EPL defense is shit? :lol: Give me a fucking break. You had that excuse when he was in Germany and even then it was silly, now it's just plain stupid. City got their hands on gold.
Haaland > Mbappe. Best striker of this generation. He destroys in CL too which should quiet any arguments about League style, etc. Besides, when you scoring well over a goal a game over entire seasons, it really doesn’t matter what top league you are doing it in. You’re a superstar.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Anyone who says shit like that, just show them his CL goals record.

He has a career average of more goals then games, in over 3 leagues and and CL.

Kid is a legit all time great scorer.

Its that simple.
there's a lot of space in cl though :snoop:

seriously, haaland is special. his final touches are crazy effective, and not only that, his awareness is his best skill imo. you can see that he's constantly checking around and is usually first to arrive to crosses. his passing isn't bad either, he already has some assists too. if city doesn't win the cl with him then guardiola is officially the biggest choker ever in that competition. he didn't have too many excuses lately, with haaland, he exactly has zero.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
His numbers weren’t as crazy as they were in Spain though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Give him an all time great midfield of Modric-Kroos instead of meme midfielders like Can and Rabiot or donkeys like Matuidi. And give him one of the best players of this generation in Benzema to support him and he would score 50 goals per season in Serie A easily.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
All you need to know is there were people, several, on this forum telling me Luca Toni would break every Bundesliga scoring record and I don't think he broke a single one.
He joined aged 30 lol. Still had a good Bayern career though.

Btw the lack of space argument doesn't have anything to do with player quality, as we know Serie A is not full of quality defenders anymore. It's only about how teams set up, both the attacking and defending team. And tbh Serie A has moved away from being defensive a long time ago. But it's normal that a big team facing off against a small team will play its fair amount of teams who consolidate and counter attack, reducing attacking space. We see that being done to teams still at CL level, but fewer than it happened in the past. It happened to Liverpool more recently in the PL. I think teams will have to do it more with City going forward, but Man Utd will never play like that as their pride and standing is too high.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
He easily is, and I hate that ugly fuck.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Haaland > Mbappe. Best striker of this generation. He destroys in CL too which should quiet any arguments about League style, etc. Besides, when you scoring well over a goal a game over entire seasons, it really doesn’t matter what top league you are doing it in. You’re a superstar.
Remember Mario Jardel? How come he never joined a bigger club? Dude was a goal machine.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Haaland is the target man City needed for when tiki taka is blocked, now they have this giant in the box that they can send in balls that he'll likely put away. It gives them a different dimension so this season I'd be fearful of them.

Yesterday we played a lot better but there was little in terms of intricate play, it was direct and it worked. I worry that we don't have the variety but that could change with Chiesa and Pogba.
THIS. He scores all manner of deflections and ambitious goals his instinct for being in the right place at the right time is sublime. Has that pipo inzaghi thing. So he'll score tons from plays that are designed by Pep's system as any good striker backed up by this creative machine should and he'll also score all kinds of random improvised or "lucky" goals, and its these random goals are what City has always missed under pep.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Come on. He's a fantastic player. But let's be real. The EPL didn't invent him, as they often claim.

If Haaland ever committed murder, he could play under Allegri with this squad to hide from the authorities because nobody would know he exists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)