PRE-SEASON: Juventus - Barcelona (2 Viewers)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++

Yeah, when Saviola scores, they write "Fabrizio Miccoli" on TV, poor Fox :D

we play better on the second half, 2 minutes = 2 goals and once again they thought that both goals scores by Di Vaio.
yeah dude they were like di vaio was the juve double scorer today and i was like WTF it was miccoli you morons! and they kept confusing miccoli with the rest of the team

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

no such thing as "too white":
Real Madrid is as white as you could get and it still not too white.

Juve's classy look as Back :cool:
i dont think this kit is classy, but i cannot wait until i see the away kit in action! :cheesy:

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

The La Juventus 2003-2004 thread is in the Multimedia section, Fab, and I gotta disagree with you Hydde. DP wasn't as bad as you're saying, actually, he wasn't bad at all, and if you think that he was bad then you have to think that Trez was horrible, because DP was times better than him.
i didnt see del piero/trezeguet playing because i only saw the second half/penalty kicks. i still need to see the first half to see how del piero, trezeguet, davids, nedved played and i cant wait for that! cant wait for thursday either

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++

i didnt see del piero/trezeguet playing because i only saw the second half/penalty kicks. i still need to see the first half to see how del piero, trezeguet, davids, nedved played and i cant wait for that! cant wait for thursday either
fabiana...i thought u watching the game live at boston...

simply i can say that our mid engine is working well in 1st half...but we still can't find the best finishing....neddy, tachhi and alex almost score the goals...good run and dribbling skills by davids... i love to see the way he play..... great participation and work rate from appiah (but still need to learn)...and i'm very impressed with how Leg play today....bright future with juve..

trezegol....:down:...and i don't agree to put zambo in left wing back....

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by my_hitzJUVE ] ++

fabiana...i thought u watching the game live at boston...

simply i can say that our mid engine is working well in 1st half...but we still can't find the best finishing....neddy, tachhi and alex almost score the goals...good run and dribbling skills by davids... i love to see the way he play..... great participation and work rate from appiah (but still need to learn)...and i'm very impressed with how Leg play today....bright future with juve..

trezegol....:down:...and i don't agree to put zambo in left wing back....
I WISH I SAW THE GAME LIVE!
zambrotta does a good job where he played in the second match against real madrid (i cant remember) appiah was good and so was miccoli, didnt see a lot from legrottaglie but i read he did two bad mistakes, gotta check out those!

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
yeah....he make 2 bad mistake...one of it give a first goal to barca...but i really like how he control the central defence....seems like iuliano do nothing......may be Leg with montero/ferrara is good combination in centre defence.....

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
yeah....we have so many good players this season....still waiting how lippi will utilize these players for the next match...

i forgot....BUFFON is really really really fantastic goalkeeper.... he is better than rustu.....

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
yes buffon is the best of the whole world it was a shame though at the end to see him that uninterested when he could have stopped everything

Jul 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++

You'll be amazed by Davids.

I'd definitely watch the match again, even though I saw it live.....it was that good :thumb:

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
so u think we can be satisfied with the result?

i first was a bit disapointed when i heard about the result today in the morning, but i know it's just a friendly, which doesn't mean anything....

so do u think that the 2-0 lead of barca after the first half was satisfied?
was our defence playing a good match (except of the 2 goals) or created barca problems to them all the time?
-after the first bigger friendly: how do u rate the new players? especially legrotaglie - do u think he's good enough to be in our starting formation...
of course it's still difficult to judge as the new players aren't fully integrated in the game yet....

thx for answering my questions in advance
max

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Didn't get to watch the game but looks like we did quite well. I'll wait until the Milan match to have a good idea of what we will offer next season.

Jul 19, 2003
Well, here's my humble ompinion:

I'm very satisfied with the performance. We really didn't deserved to go 2-0, especially that the 2nd goal was really sloppy. Buffon and Legro weren't focused.......but I guess it's normal for the beginning of the season.

I haven't seen Legro play before, but he really wasn't that bad today. He made a couple of mistakes........but come on, let's not shun him yet. He saved our asses on several occasions.

Truly, the defence was the weakest link in the 1st half.....but keep in mind that we didn't start with Montero or Thuram. I really think Juve needs to obtain young defenders, because most of what we have are getting too old. But nonetheless, not one Juve defender was made a fool of on the field. Not a single defender was dribbled or lost a one-on-one marking.

The offence........as it's been said many times here, DP and Trez were non-existant. Del Pierro seemed like he was jogging.....lacking energy or just exhausted (from what.....God only knows). Either that or he was just being lazy......giving up on balls too easily when he encountered Puyol on the left-hand side. Trez, on the other hand........u might or might not have read my opinion about him. Basically, I think he's crap.....and he proved my point today.

Now....the midfield. Davids, was by far man of the match (maybe Barca's keeper, Rustu, should share that title). Davids was full of energy as always......and was dribbling through Barca's defence like they didn't exist. I was seriously staring with my jaw on the floor. :eek: Nedved didn't do much at all, except for a play in which Davids provided him a clean attempt at goal, but he placed it slightly to the right of the post. Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, and Maresca were also pretty good. I also like the new signing, Appiah......he almost scored a long range shot that just touched the post. He's technical and pretty strong also. Definitely a plus to the mid.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
I'm very satisfied with the performance. We really didn't deserved to go 2-0, especially that the 2nd goal was really sloppy. Buffon and Legro weren't focused.......but I guess it's normal for the beginning of the season.
True it's quite normal for this to happen.

I haven't seen Legro play before, but he really wasn't that bad today. He made a couple of mistakes........but come on, let's not shun him yet. He saved our asses on several occasions.
Am sure Legro will prove his mettle soon. The first game for a big club is alway a nervous occassion even if it is only a friendly.

Truly, the defence was the weakest link in the 1st half.....but keep in mind that we didn't start with Montero or Thuram. I really think Juve needs to obtain young defenders, because most of what we have are getting too old. But nonetheless, not one Juve defender was made a fool of on the field. Not a single defender was dribbled or lost a one-on-one marking.
I would not mind too much about this as it is still time for experimentation.

The offence........as it's been said many times here, DP and Trez were non-existant. Del Pierro seemed like he was jogging.....lacking energy or just exhausted (from what.....God only knows). Either that or he was just being lazy......giving up on balls too easily when he encountered Puyol on the left-hand side. Trez, on the other hand........u might or might not have read my opinion about him. Basically, I think he's crap.....and he proved my point today.
DP & Trez can be crappy players when things don't go their way. That's why am happy to see Micolli & Di Vaio showing so much promise.

Now....the midfield. Davids, was by far man of the match (maybe Barca's keeper, Rustu, should share that title). Davids was full of energy as always......and was dribbling through Barca's defence like they didn't exist. I was seriously staring with my jaw on the floor. :eek: Nedved didn't do much at all, except for a play in which Davids provided him a clean attempt at goal, but he placed it slightly to the right of the post. Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, and Maresca were also pretty good. I also like the new signing, Appiah......he almost scored a long range shot that just touched the post. He's technical and pretty strong also. Definitely a plus to the mid.
Just imagine Neddy & Camo getting back to their old self and Micolli running mad upfront :)

Cracker

Jul 24, 2003
it was only a friendly, but we had the chance to judge the new transferred guys, i am not sure about leg, but miccoli is a great player... i am happy juve have bought him

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Looks like our 2nd choice attack (DV&Piccoli) will push out our 1st choice (DP&Trez) to the bench :LOL:

Damn Rai2, they showed the game but it went blank just when the team came on the pitch :mad: I wonder why Lazio-Chelsea wasn't decoded lat week :rolleyes:

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Welcome to the forum Cracker ....
We are pretty passionate about our friendlies too :)

I think Miccoli should have been with us last season ... But am really glad to see Di Vaio trying to pick himself up.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by maxmc ] ++
so u think we can be satisfied with the result?
I think, yes, we should be happy.
It was a friendly, and we didn't lack creativity, and we weren't dominated by Barca. we actually controled the game most of the time. The main point is: "The reason we lost wasn't technical or because of our players, the reason we lost is that we didn't give a rats-a$$ about the result!!
Juve's strongest point is spirit, and juve showed zero spirit in the first 70 minutes because they didn't want to exaust themselves a week before the Milan game and 4 days before another friendly and even this being the first game since the team regrouped 2 weeks ago!

i first was a bit disapointed when i heard about the result today in the morning, but i know it's just a friendly, which doesn't mean anything....
so do u think that the 2-0 lead of barca after the first half was satisfied?
was our defence playing a good match (except of the 2 goals) or created barca problems to them all the time?
in fact, yes, it kinda was justified. Barca were indeed dangerous with every attack because the juve defense didn't close down, didn't mark at all and the midfield didn't retreat to help. Barca on the other hand played rough and chansed after every ball.

but, like Barca, Juve also created a lot of chances and we had a lot of shot from outside the box. Appiah, Tacchinardi almost scored from shots outside the box, DP had a close range volly shot blocked BRILLIANTLY by Rustu. Trez was 1-on-1 with Rustu but he couldn't go round him.

The second half (after all the subs) was another story. Juve just controled the Game and we only saw buffon a couple of times (where he made a great double save and Iuliano cleared from the line!!)

we passed the ball well, and we had some good chances. DV received the ball and only had the keeper to beat in a tight space but he couldn't convert.

Both juve's goals came when they actually realized that they shouldn't lose even in a friendly. so they stepped-up the gear and got business done to tie the game with 2 nice goals. they were better than the two by Barca.
we also had some more chances lost from bad refereeing. Camo was clear on goal, but the assistant ref counted it offside.

-after the first bigger friendly: how do u rate the new players? especially legrotaglie - do u think he's good enough to be in our starting formation...
of course it's still difficult to judge as the new players aren't fully integrated in the game yet....

thx for answering my questions in advance
max
as for the new ones:
Appiah: i see him in a juve shirt for a long time. i think Lippi finally found someone who could replace Davids. he may not have Davids's technical skils, but he does play the ball around well and he helps the attack as much as the defense. he also plays well on both sides of the field.

Lego: People say he didn't integrate well, but i think he did. He seemed calm and kewl (like chesting the ball back to Gigi from close range) and he made a couple of crucial clearences. with more time, he can gain some more confidence and he won't make dumb mistakes. he's also pretty fast. when he lost the ball to Saviola, he caught up to him and slid from behind to get the ball, but Saviola fell, so it counted as a penalty.
eventualy i think he'll fit into the starting XI.

Miccoli: he did very well. he combined nicely with DV when one of them had the ball. but when neither of them had the ball, they kept bumping in to each other when trying to run into open spaces. so they need to coordinate their off the ball movement.

Maresca: Very solid. good passer. and some nice skills. but he did make a few clumsy tackles. but he did help the defense well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)