PRE-SEASON: Juventus - Barcelona (5 Viewers)

OP
Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #342
    GOAT, thanks for the commentaries, for the ones that couldnt see the game on TV.

I saw it on tv ,

thaniks dude.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    juventus.com has match pics, but only on the italian version right now. later tonight, it should be on the english version.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    oh, i always check the italian version, i dont like the english ones

and the fox commentators SUCK that was the worst thing of the match

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #345
    Yeah, they were very sucky.

I was almost asleep with their commentaries.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    del was good. i think the point of these games is to get the crowd excited, and that is exactly what this game did. with davids dribbling all over the place, del piero doing spins, luis enrique making marvelous plays and ronaldinho running like crazy, and miccoli, di viao, and comoranesi forming an attacking power, stronger than anything on that field, it was a very amusing game for a neutral american supporter. and i liked that. i think thats what these friendlies are about. theyre exhibition games, to warm up the team and get fans in the us. i wasnt too impressed with lippi, when he kept first team action for some of the second half. he should have made the subs earlier. because honestly when he kept them on for 20 mins after barca made their load of subs, it kinda looked like we really wanted to win this game. but that wasnt the case. forzo our new attacking powers CAMO, MICCOLI and DI VIAO, and i think ZAMBROTTA will add to that soon.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Hey guys, unforunately I was only able to view the first 35 minutes of the match because I had to go out but from what I saw, Juve's midfield looks particularly good. Appiah was average, but I wasn't expecting too much from him since he was played out of position and Tacchi was very quiet but still good. Davids, wow, this man was amazing! He was running about like if it was a big Serie A match and his dribbling was brilliant! He made a fool of loads of Barca players and didn't exactly get carried away from what I saw. Nedved, as GOAT said, didn't do much. He didn't seem awfully interested IMO, and squandered a very good chance. Del Piero wasn't bad, but he wasn't very good either. I think this was because the service to him was bad but his movement and passing wasn't that bad. Oh, and he was extremely unlucky not to score. That volley was an absolute screamer; had it been an inch more to Rustu's left it would've ripped a hole in the nets. And for all of you Trezeguet supporters who don't like Di Vaio, I'm not being harsh when I say that Trez sucked. His control was at its horrible standard and he really should have done better with his one-on-one chance with Rustu. On to the defence now. Once again, please remember that I only saw 35 mins of the game, so my analysis may not be the best. Birindelli was average but he didn't get forward as much as I would have liked him to. Legrottaglie started very well IMHO but then his level of play started to decrease and he committed some reckless fouls, including the penalty although I think he got all ball. Iuliano was very similar to Legro, and Zambrotta didn't do much defending from what I saw. He was practically playing as a left winger but he didn't really offer much to our attack. Finally, Buffon. He didn't really have much to do besides the penalty, and though he went the right way, he couldn't save it. Well, that's my say on the match, hope you people that didn't see the match found my contribution useful.

:)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
    del was good. i think the point of these games is to get the crowd excited, and that is exactly what this game did. with davids dribbling all over the place, del piero doing spins, luis enrique making marvelous plays and ronaldinho running like crazy, and miccoli, di viao, and comoranesi forming an attacking power, stronger than anything on that field, it was a very amusing game for a neutral american supporter. and i liked that. i think thats what these friendlies are about. theyre exhibition games, to warm up the team and get fans in the us. i wasnt too impressed with lippi, when he kept first team action for some of the second half. he should have made the subs earlier. because honestly when he kept them on for 20 mins after barca made their load of subs, it kinda looked like we really wanted to win this game. but that wasnt the case. forzo our new attacking powers CAMO, MICCOLI and DI VIAO, and i think ZAMBROTTA will add to that soon.
    PM, how was DP in the second half, because I only saw the first.

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #351
    Well, i didnt see a good match for delpiero. IMO he was not in his day. Maybe because he almost never toucched the ball this game.

Trez was like always, we know how he plays. But when he have the opportunities, he socre,,just lets see how he does in the next match!!.

IM very very happy for Di Vaio. I always had faith in him and ill continue supporting the guy. Just lets see if they continue playing like this.

IM very sure that with our subs, we will rock the coppa italia this year.

Jul 19, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++
    i cant find that juve 03-04 picture thread but juventus.com has pictures from the match
    i dont like how the new kit looks, its too white. i had to wait until i saw them playing to make my decission
    "too white" is definitely the right expression.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++

"too white" is definitely the right expression.
    no such thing as "too white":
    Real Madrid is as white as you could get and it still not too white.

Juve's classy look as Back :cool:

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002

and they did not know the players names
    Yeah, when Saviola scores, they write "Fabrizio Miccoli" on TV, poor Fox :D

we play better on the second half, 2 minutes = 2 goals and once again they thought that both goals scores by Di Vaio.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    i cant find that juve 03-04 picture thread but juventus.com has pictures from the match
    i dont like how the new kit looks, its too white. i had to wait until i saw them playing to make my decission
    The La Juventus 2003-2004 thread is in the Multimedia section, Fab, and I gotta disagree with you Hydde. DP wasn't as bad as you're saying, actually, he wasn't bad at all, and if you think that he was bad then you have to think that Trez was horrible, because DP was times better than him.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    Hey G_O_A_T :),

take a hug for the the marathon commentary great work dude :thumb: :star: . Gd G_O_A_Ty :D

I did not watch the match live cos it was telecasted like 1or 2 amover here :yawn: and i hv to work today :wallbang:. So i can only watch the replay to night!!....... How exciting :wallbang: :wallbang::stress:

Well guys, things might not have turned out the way we all wished but IMO at least it was just a friendly and honestly, Lippi can experiment all he likes here, as long as he gets it right by the start of the season, that's the most important. Right? Anyway, this is the 1st "real" game they have played as Juve 2003/04. So from whatever we saw, i'm sure that there only room for improvement here onwards. :) Our new players will need time to "gel' with the rest, it can't be easy it join a big club like Juve and just maintain the kind of level you had in your previous club.

But i hv a Q, does Legro always play like that? From what was said here it doesn't seam gd.:confused:

Sep 28, 2002
    i would've let mirante for penalties. what if buffon loses his touch with reality and stops savin all penalties? :undecide:

anyway, goat, thanls man. i couldn't read your commentary live but even reading it after the game was great. you're pro, man. amazing job. cheers

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    i would've let mirante for penalties. what if buffon loses his touch with reality and stops savin all penalties? :undecide:

anyway, goat, thanls man. i couldn't read your commentary live but even reading it after the game was great. you're pro, man. amazing job. cheers
    Well, so far Buffon has been gd boy, so let's jsut say that that's not likely to happen;)

.......If and when i does happen, then we can start to freak out. :eek: and then we will hv to kick the reality back into him :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)