PRE-SEASON: Juventus - Barcelona (1 Viewer)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by AimarForJuve ] ++

LOL.. wait for DP fans to flame

We might be the few people who see DP performance a bit dissappointing for his class. Normally I would say It is time to promote Miccoli and sell DP but a lot people (DP fans) would flame me.
Just cos there are less people who think DP is disappointing, doesn’t mean we’re in the wrong ;) Everyone used to think the world was flat….:D

Anyway it’s true he can’t sprint anymore since his injury, so I doubt the DP police will come flame us this time round ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

mate

Aug 28, 2002
I haven't seen the match so I can't judge this particolar DP or Miccoli prestation... but in general I think that is true that DP isn't the best in dribbling, mouving, excanging passes ecc... Miccoli is way better! Than of course he score less. The 2 may play togeder Miccoli more in the back DP more in the front, let's see what Lippi will do...

I think it depends on which side you see DP if he is disappointing or not, he is a good player but he has noything "fenomenal".
So if you expect him to change the match alone or staff like that he will always be disappointing...

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
The Rai commentators did say that Lippi was supposed to try Miccoli and DP behind Trezeguet at the same time, either in yesterday's match or against Man Utd, so hopefully we shall see them together on Thursday morning.

You made a good point there mate about Miccoli being able to change a match unlike DP. In both games, whenever Miccoli entered, Juve created more chances, and in this last game he was the mastermind behind Juve's comeback.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
The Rai commentators did say that Lippi was supposed to try Miccoli and DP behind Trezeguet at the same time, either in yesterday's match or against Man Utd, so hopefully we shall see them together on Thursday morning.

You made a good point there mate about Miccoli being able to change a match unlike DP. In both games, whenever Miccoli entered, Juve created more chances, and in this last game he was the mastermind behind Juve's comeback.
At what (europian) time was the match? I really missed it...

Yes Miccoli is a kind of player who mouve, dribble, create chances, while DP score more but his prestation depends on the chances who the mieldfield create 4 him.
But let's wait to overspeack about Miccoli, the guy has all the quality to become a star but he has to schow that he has the personality to affort the pressure to play in Juventus. Anycase I expect a lot from him, I really like his way of playing, it is also very entrateining :) and it is exately what most of us was saying was missing last year, weare we have been very cinic and efficient, but we missed in fantasy and we didn't play in an entrateing way.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

Yeah, I wanna see Micco and DP behind Trez, because as you said, not only will Miccoli make Trezeguet look better, he'll make Del Piero look better, and more chances for DP and Trez means more goals :cool:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++

At what (europian) time was the match? I really missed it...

Yes Miccoli is a kind of player who mouve, dribble, create chances, while DP score more but his prestation depends on the chances who the mieldfield create 4 him.
But let's wait to overspeack about Miccoli, the guy has all the quality to become a star but he has to schow that he has the personality to affort the pressure to play in Juventus. Anycase I expect a lot from him, I really like his way of playing, it is also very entrateining :) and it is exately what most of us was saying was missing last year, weare we have been very cinic and efficient, but we missed in fantasy and we didn't play in an entrateing way.
The match was at 4pm Eastern time so I suppose it was 10pm European time :)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Yeah it was at 10pm (CET), but Rai showed a film of the game at 12:15am after 'La Domenica Sportiva'.

I'm glad I did not check the score before watching the game as it was extremely entertaining and exciting till the last minute...or should I dare say the last penalty yet again ;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Glenn, I didn't catch the penalty shoot-out so would you mind telling me who were the culprits that missed penos :fero:

sebastian

Jul 24, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

Yeah, I wanna see Micco and DP behind Trez, because as you said, not only will Miccoli make Trezeguet look better, he'll make Del Piero look better, and more chances for DP and Trez means more goals :cool:

if trezeguet this time s*cks with micco and dp behind him then i say give di vaio the chance i think he will be this year the topstriker

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Unluckily it's very normal. Since the 98/99 injury he hasn't sprinted liked he used to. It’s sad seeing the slow Barca defenders over take him whenever he tried running with the ball.

Just cos there are less people who think DP is disappointing, doesn’t mean we’re in the wrong ;) Everyone used to think the world was flat….:D
Is this another cheap shot to make us - Del Piero fans - annoyed and furious? Well, guess what .. it didn't work and maybe you should try again .. and the rest of posts against Del Piero didn't work too .. I think you should work more often on it :D

Zeman might actually say that it's cos he stopped taking those pharmaceutical drugs ;)
If ur man enough just say what you think .. don't put words in other people's mouth ;)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Glenn, I didn't catch the penalty shoot-out so would you mind telling me who were the culprits that missed penos :fero:
Pessotto and Maresca :down:

Each one of them took their usual ONE step back after placing the ball on the ground. (just like Pessotto's Pk in France 98), but the keeper caught both of them.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

Is this another cheap shot to make us - Del Piero fans - annoyed and furious? Well, guess what .. it didn't work and maybe you should try again .. and the rest of posts against Del Piero didn't work too .. I think you should work more often on it :D
Actually it wasn't.

If ur man enough just say what you think .. don't put words in other people's mouth ;)
:confused: I was just being sarcastic about Zeman, since he's the one accusing us of taking drugs. I don't think Juve players (including DP) ever took illegal drugs to enhance their performances.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
About Maresca's penalty, I think he was just trying to show off the way he shot it.

DV and Miccoli's penalties were really well taken. Just increases the regrets of not having DV at the final instead of Zala :(

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
DV and Miccoli's penalties were really well taken. Just increases the regrets of not having DV at the final instead of Zala :(
yes those two were awesome, and fresis one too!!

mate

Aug 28, 2002

:thumb:
It will happen soon, I hope! I don't want Miccoli to be DP sub, It will be a waste of talent, I want him to be in the first team! And yes, it will be better also 4 DP and Treze, and I don't think it will damage Nedved.

The match was at 4pm Eastern time so I suppose it was 10pm European time :)
Thank you! :)

Yeah it was at 10pm (CET), but Rai showed a film of the game at 12:15am after 'La Domenica Sportiva'.
Oh that's why I missed it...

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++

yes those two were awesome, and fresis one too!!

Yeah though he did scare me cos he shot it high and it hit the post before going in :D

Apparently he was Italy's u-21 penalty taker when he used to play for the azzurrini.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003

Yeah though he did scare me cos he shot it high and it hit the post before going in :D

Apparently he was Italy's u-21 penalty taker when he used to play for the azzurrini.
it scared me too, i heard the ball hitting the post and i was like shit he failed and then i saw the ball coming in so hard i was like yay!! he really put power into it
well he should take more penalties for juve now on!

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
Heya all *waves*

Is there anyone out there who's willing to contribute a clip of a certain player's penalty kick? :angel: *innocent smilie* Would appreciate it greatly.

-S-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)