Porto wonderkids. (1 Viewer)

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Ya I love Diego. Followed him since I downloaded like 4-5 games with santos like a year ago. And a friend of mine have sent me loads by goals by him since then. He's got everything a playmaker should have and he's only 20 years old. He's style of running is spectacular and ive longed to see him in black and white stripes, not blue and white. :down:

OP
Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    yes Diego is an amazing player,IMO he should have went to a bigger team than Porto,he's one of my favourite players:thumb:

btw,i'm going to upload a Quaresma compilation in the next hour:)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
    yes Diego is an amazing player,IMO he should have went to a bigger team than Porto,he's one of my favourite players:thumb:

btw,i'm going to upload a Quaresma compilation in the next hour:)
    I would have let him settle in Porto 1st. In fact I would say that going to Porto is a wise decision. He can play there until he has matured b4 considering to move to other leagues like EPL, La Liga and Serie A. At least the media doesn't focus much on Porto, so he doesn't feel stressed. He can develop himself there b4 heading to big clubs.

OP
    Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

I would have let him settle in Porto 1st. In fact I would say that going to Porto is a wise decision. He can play there until he has matured b4 considering to move to other leagues like EPL, La Liga and Serie A. At least the media doesn't focus much on Porto, so he doesn't feel stressed. He can develop himself there b4 heading to big clubs.
    look at Rooney,Cristiano Ronaldo and Martins they're all younger than him and they're playing at big clubs and they're developing much faster than Diego is.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Martins did pretty well in Inter I have to admit. This guy is a wonder. I still feel that he should have settled in the French league 1st.

However about the other 2, I'm kinda sick of the media covering up on them all the time. When they failed to perform, the media will flame them for sure. Both gets a lot of unnecessary media attention.

I'm afraid that Rooney + Ronaldo may turn out to be another Michael Owen.

OP
    Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
    Martins did pretty well in Inter I have to admit. This guy is a wonder. I still feel that he should have settled in the French league 1st.

However about the other 2, I'm kinda sick of the media covering up on them all the time. When they failed to perform, the media will flame them for sure. Both gets a lot of unnecessary media attention.

I'm afraid that Rooney + Ronaldo may turn out to be another Michael Owen.
    that i'll have to agree with.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Actually I can't believe myself that Diego created history by being 1 of the fewest players to be sent off during a penalty kick-out.

OP
    Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    yeah that was stupid:D,although i do like his cocky attitude:cool:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I watch a lot of the Portuguese Superlega, which is essentially RTPi coverage of Porto, Benfica, Sporting Lisbon, and whomever they each happen to be playing that week.

Diego has been OK, but I've expected a lot more from him given the billing he's been given. Carlos Alberto got such a dive reputation in the last CL that it clouded a lot of impressions. He's still just a kid ... and plays like it. I don't think there's too much to write home about there, as he has a lot more to put together in his game.

But the one I am impressed with most thus far has been Ricardo Quaresma. He shows that creative offensive spark that we have so woefully lacked much of this season. I salivate over the prospects of one day landing that guy in black and white stripes. :drool:

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    from that Video of Quaresma, I can say that he's better than Camoranesi :p better pace and 1on1 technique.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)