shots on target : 0 - 1
shots off target : 4 - 8
possession (%) : 46 - 54
corner kicks : 3 - 3
offsides : 1 - 1
fouls : 18 - 21
yellow cards : 3 - 1
red cards : 0 - 0

Domenech isn't any better than Donadoni Fuckhead.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Romania are a good team Italy can't expect that just because we are angry we can walk all over them, their manager will prepare them very well for this game, I sense a draw on the cards, then heartbreak against France

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I wonder what the papers in Italy will have to say, I'm thinking something along the lines of national out rage calls for don the dunce's head.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Italian Refereeing Chief: Van Nistelrooy Goal Legitimate

The president of the Italian referee association (AIA), Cesare Gussoni, believes that Ruud Van Nistelrooy’s opener was legitimate despite a massive claim for offside.

The Real Madrid striker pounced on a razor sharp cross from Sneijder to tap in from close range.

Replay’s can clearly show the player in an offside position but Italy defender Christian Panucci was deemed by the linesman to have played Van Nistelrooy onside even though the stopper was off the pitch and down on the touchline with what seemed like an injury.

Nevertheless, the goal stood and Gussoni believes it was legitimate despite the whole of Italy going berzerk when it was allowed to stand.

“The linesman applied UEFA’s ruling 100 per cent,” said Gussoni.

“He evaluated Panucci’s position as the player who kept Van Nistelrooy onside.

“I thought it was offside but the replay showed Panucci off the pitch.”

The rules specify on whether or not a player leaves the field voluntarily or involuntarily in an attempt to play the striker offside.

But, in Panucci’s case, it is impossible to tell whether he left the pitch voluntarily or vice-versa.

“The sense of the rule is to avoid players leaving the pitch on purpose in an attempt to gain an advantage from playing the other player offside,” said Gussoni.

“Besides, Italy lost the game by more than one goal regardless of extrinsic factors.”

Italy were woeful on the night but they still have two life lines against Romania and France as they attempt to keep their Euro hopes alive in the group of death.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
some of the papers reactions:
corriere dello sport: Donadoni disaster
tuttosport: give us back lippi! Donadoni brings Italy down with historic defeat
Gazzetta dello sport: WOW! :crazy: :shifty:

Mar 3, 2008
Now Italy should field skillful players(DP&Cassano) against Romania not fast(Di Natale) because Romania offer no spaces at all, they will try to get a draw and then defeat the already qualified in first place Holland to qualify

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006

European Championships, Group C
Holland vs Italy
Monday 9 June 2008, 20:45 CET
Stade de Suisse, Berne

:: PreMatch Videos ::

Match Preview
Click Here for Video

Pes 2008 Predicts
Click Here for Video

:: Goals ::

1st Goal for Netherlands - van Nisterlrooy 26'
Click Here For Video

2nd Goal for Netherlands - Sneijder 31'
Click Here For Video

3rd Goal for Netherlands - van Bronckhorst 79'
Click Here For Video

:: Extras ::

National anthems
Click Here for Video

van Nistelrooy driblles past Buffon but fails to score 18'
Click Here for Video

di Natale shot is saved by van der Sar 33'
Click Here for Video

van Nistelrooy's shot is saved by Buffon 43'
Click Here for Video

di Natale's shot goes over the crossbar 45+1'
Click Here for Video

1st half highlights
Click Here for Video

Zambrotta skill 54'
Click Here for Video

Toni lobs the ball over the crossbar 76'
Click Here for Video

:touched:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I am really suprised that everybody believes that netherlands are still a giant and that Romania have no chance. I would bet on Romania ahead of the netherlands anyday. Netherlands have an awful defense and their midfield just doesn't Gel. They will be one of the sides going home.
:lol:

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
anyone agree that the goal was Legitimate??
no and i tell you why!
if panucci seen the pass was on and left the field to play vannistelhorse offside then yes it would have been a legitimate goal,no problem here. the problem arrises because panucci was off the field,injured.

so,if a forward can stand in the middle of the box,not get involved in the play and be deemed in-active as a goal is scored,how can a defender off the pitch injured be deemed active enough to play a forward onside?

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Exactly, but still that decision wasn't the be all and end all of the match
bottom line is we played crap and deserved to get trashed.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I wonder what the papers in Italy will have to say, I'm thinking something along the lines of national out rage calls for don the dunce's head.
La Gazzetta tried to remain calm, but still said the Don should go, whereas Tuttosport was plain mean:

"RIDATECI LIPPI!" (give us back Lippi), "Tutto sbagliato" (All wrong, referring to his decisions) and "Donadoni sinks Italy" were the major headlines there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)