Poll: Delneri or no European football? (1 Viewer)

Delneri or no European football?

• Delneri

• No European football

Results are only viewable after voting.

taem

May 1, 2011
Exactly. There are probably more benefits to keeping Delneri than hiring Mazzarri.
Is it certain it'd be Mazzarri? And what are some of the benefits to keeping Delneri? The only thing I've heard in favor of this guy so far is continuity and our roster is going to change a lot anyway.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Is it certain it'd be Mazzarri? And what are some of the benefits to keeping Delneri? The only thing I've heard in favor of this guy so far is continuity and our roster is going to change a lot anyway.
Hopefully not certain.

Mazzarri's portfolio is pretty similar to Delneri's, or worse. Both have never won anything important. Their claims to fame are overachieving with midtable clubs. How that becomes the criteria for coach selection at Juve, I don't know. I mean, we don't know for certain what Mazzari will bring to us. He can do better and finish top 3, or he could do worse. But for now, he's Delneri v2.0.

Instead of replacing DN with a similar caliber coach who we'll have to reset formation, tactics, training and everything we've become familiar with, we might as well go on with what we're doing. So yes, continuity. DN sucks ass, but I expect to do better next season (not that I expect top 3). The defence should improve with the new fullbacks, Chiellini and Bonucci should have better chemistry after a season together. Krasic will be getting a summer's rest. DN, although a dolt, should be able to recognise some of the weaknesses of this season and amend them. Mazzarri will have to experience that all over for himself.

Unless we're getting a real good coach, forget it. Stick with DN.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Instead of replacing DN with a similar caliber coach who we'll have to reset formation, tactics, training and everything we've become familiar with, we might as well go on with what we're doing. So yes, continuity. DN sucks ass, but I expect to do better next season (not that I expect top 3). The defence should improve with the new fullbacks, Chiellini and Bonucci should have better chemistry after a season together. Krasic will be getting a summer's rest. DN, although a dolt, should be able to recognise some of the weaknesses of this season and amend them. Mazzarri will have to experience that all over for himself.
Same thing was said about Ranieri yet we were worse during his second season.

Mazzarri isn't as bad as DN, but I don't want him either. His 3-5-2 would be disastrous enough.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
:sergio: How many frigging more times do we need to slightly alter the wording for the same damn poll over and over again?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This pole makes no sense because it depends who we could get...if it was deschamps or VB I'm sure you'd get a different pole outcome versus mazzarri

taem

May 1, 2011
Wasn't Wenger going to come here, you know, before the unpleasantness? Is that route closed to us forever? Could we at least try? I really like his charts and graphs, I'm superkeen into the econometric approach to sports.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I don't believe this for a second. If this were the case, Agnelli would be lying to the fans and we all know good owners never lie. :andy:

Aug 2, 2005
this poll is guided by key factors

1- Juve never take EL seriously, all Italian teams don't. qualifying is like more load for no benefit.
2- The replacement of DN

I voted No EL and I would like to see DN crucified for missing on Catania and how the team approached Fiorentina's game.
If I saw that he changed something, I might say this man has something, but he fucked up every time, so Bye Bye DN

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Same thing was said about Ranieri yet we were worse during his second season.
While agreeing with you that continuity and keeping DN is far from a guarantee that we'll achieve better results, I must disagree with the above quote.
We weren't worse in Ranieri's 2nd year than we were in his first. We were at least the same, with the difference being that we did better in Coppa in Ranieri's 2nd season and, unlike the first season when we didn't play in Europe, we made the knockouts in CL.
So, with even more matches, and hard matches on top of it (Real and Chelsea in CL), we didn't do worse than his first year. Also, we suffered a crazy amount of injuries in 2008/09, which wasn't the case in 2007/08.

There was a development in the 2 seasons after Calciopoli, but after that things went in free fall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)