Politics... My Complaint (1 Viewer)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
I am led to beleive there is a no politics rule on this board.

So why is it allowed for people to make ignorant , biased, un educated political statements in a certain thread that some of us may find highly offensive... and yet they are not deleted, and those that are offended cannot return a reply as that would be breaking the rules of this board.

Please, either allow politics completely or ban it completely.

:(

Thank you

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
I am led to beleive there is a no politics rule on this board.

So why is it allowed for people to make ignorant , biased, un educated political statements in a certain thread that some of us may find highly offensive... and yet they are not deleted, and those that are offended cannot return a reply as that would be breaking the rules of this board.

Please, either allow politics completely or ban it completely.

:(

Thank you
maybe ive encountered a couple subtle undertones, but nothing blatant...am i at fault here??

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    ++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++

maybe ive encountered a couple subtle undertones, but nothing blatant...am i at fault here??
    You at fault lac??

Of course not... personally id quite like to discuss your politics, I feel it could be an intresting discussion.

Anyway I pm'd Martin my complaint.

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    Theoretically speaking...

If its ok for someone to make an anti war statement with there avatar would it be equally ok for someone to have a pro war avatar if that was there view.... or going further how would people feel if someone was to place such things as "f*ck S*****"
    or "Nuke I***" in there avatar.

Do you see my point?

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
    Theoretically speaking...

If its ok for someone to make an anti war statement with there avatar would it be equally ok for someone to have a pro war avatar if that was there view.... or going further how would people feel if someone was to place such things as "f*ck S*****"
    or "Nuke I***" in there avatar.

Do you see my point?
    or signatures.....

I see your point totally.....if people cant discuss politics they shouldnt be able to have politically sensitive avatars/signatures since that is political expression too.

Actually if I was pro-war and had a pro-war avatar, then I wouldnt be surprised if a conflict developed.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I've seen the thread in question (or what i reckon to be the thread in question) and its not you DJ/weed alien or whatever you call yourself these days ;)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Ally ] ++

Weedy, what did you do on this forum, that you feel : praying:?
    Or you Lac?

You both guys seem to have a guilty conscience :D;)

I care about people and I wish not to offend them unless required to, and I neither am required nor wish to offend Respaul, especially in this situation :D

sorry for sounding like an egghead, but ive been doing this for a while now....:D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Ok, here's the decision.. :)

In principle I agree neither side should be excluded but I see this as a special case. The no politics rule is in place to protect the forum, prevent flamewars as we saw after 9/11. But I don't think the peace avatars are insulting to anyone and think they should stay. We've had discussions dropping into politics before, at those times they were not considered a threat and neither are these avatars IMO. Understandably however, pro-war avatars could be just that and are not accepted ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)