players who deserve to keep their jersey (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
GK-storari, buffon
LB- De ceglie(as backup/challenger)
RB- Sorenson (as backup/challenger)
CB- chiellini, bonucci...
LM-
RM- Krasic
CM- Melo, Marchiso
SS- DP, QUag
prima punta- Matri

my ideal is as always, to have two players for each position. not just the numbers, but preferably one established quality player, and one up and coming challenger or experienced player as backup...for each position.

we do have a decent spine. but in many positions we have players who are in no way ready, or anywhere near good enough to be starters for a team aiming for the top four.

definite purchases-
Starting RB
Starting LB
Starting regista (still dubious about aquilani...though would accept him if two quality fullbacks arrived, in which case, why not bring Ekdal back as his backup/challenger)
Starting LM
quality prima punta or go with Matri and promote Immobile or Libertazzi...as his backup/challenger
back up/challenger RM (unless primavera can promote such a player)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
GK-storari, buffon
LB- De ceglie(as backup/challenger),Cissokho/Bastos
RB- Sorenson (as backup/challenger),Van Der Wiel
CB- chiellini, bonucci...
LM-Bale
RM- Krasic
CM- Melo, Marchiso,Sahin
SS- DP, QUag,Neymar

:snoop:

OP
Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #6
    none taken, wahdan...i wanted to know the obvious black holes of our team in the minds of others. potential purchases in terms of naming players seems pointless presently, so i am focused on any positives i can see and others can see. 'worthy to keep the jersey' depends on what aims and expectations are for next season. I am hopeful that elkann and agnelli and marotta share my aim of a minimum aim of reaching the top four. in which case, the starting XI is immensely important. talk of keeping pepe because he has heart and determination is my point i suppose...the same as signing pirlo as a backup regista...these matters are secondary. what matters most, before we start pondering keeping players for backup purposes, is creating a very strong starting XI.

to make a first XI capable of top four, what quality do we already have to begin building such a team?

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
    Mar 14, 2009
    As Bianconero81 said and I would add Marchisio (in a 4-3-3) and Krasic.

Melo’s contribution is massive, but there are other options that have some sense in their minds.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    I would actually keep Melo ahead of Marchisio. However, knowing our board and our obsession with average Italians, they will always prioritize the retention of an Italian player over a non-Italian one.

I would keep both Melo and Marchisio though. Krasic is also an obvious choice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)