[Peace Cup] JUVENTUS 0-0 (3-4) Aston Villa, August 2nd 2009 (18 Viewers)

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
Why the hell are these commentators in love with Chiellini? "Probably the second best player of the tournament." WTF? He was ok but he was definately not that great.

Apr 12, 2004
Alex made a really bad decision. THE GK ALWAYS STAYED IN THE MIDDLE, why does he try that trick then? Just stupid.

Iaquinta looked liked he's lost all his confidence.

All in all a pretty shameful exit from the tournament. A win would've done a lot for our self-confidence.

Oh and btw, I believe the money difference between the winners and runners-up is 1,5m.
He didn't always stay in the middle, he reacted after they kicked rather than guess.

Americans are just sick in goal. Forza Guzan,

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Well that was about the worst penalty ever by Del Piero and to be honest, if you don't score any of these chances we got, you don't deserve to win.

Melo did great, so did Zebina. All of our forward-oriented players were pretty poor though unfortunately..
:tup:

I think Juve will learn a lot more from this defeat that we would of if we had of won.
TRUE

AV-7

Jul 8, 2009
Very poor display against Villa's second team (reserves and youth) . Forget about the penalties its a matter of luck. 4-2-4 was horrible. The only thing made me happy was melo's adaptation.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The display was alright, the midfield had it quite easy but the finishing was diabolical. We should have had at least three goals in that match, there was no sharpness and then tiredness crept in.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
ßüякε;2091944 said:
He didn't always stay in the middle, he reacted after they kicked rather than guess.

Hahaha Amen to that!!!

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
ßüякε;2091944 said:

Yeah you're right, that's what I was trying to say. He didn't react before the kick so basically if you shoot straight at him...well, it's quite easy for him to react to that.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Back to the game. I think both teams were too exhausted to play the final. It should have been tomorrow to let the legs rest abit. And WTF is wrong with the ref. robing both teams more than 4 min of time is non sense whether we win or loose.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
when you see that villa's keeper is staying for all 4 penalties at the center and only reacts after he sees the direction of the shot...you can't choose the middle option ffs...
that was not his plan at all...

he just interupted his run towards the ball to have the chance to see in which direction the keeper jumps and so to put it into the other direction.

this can work, but when the keeper just stays in the middle you are fucked, because you will not have enough power and control over the shot to put it precisely in any side.

did that once too and it was just as ridiculous as alex' .. that's when you try to be oversmart instead of just shooting at goal

May 22, 2007
Why the hell are these commentators in love with Chiellini? "Probably the second best player of the tournament." WTF? He was ok but he was definately not that great.
Very solid all the way throughout (not counting the penalty), probably our best defender.

I really like Felipe Melo.

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
Ciro looked gutted...That's a good sign,it shows he took the tournament seriously
VERY poor PK's from Iaquinta and Alex...NO justifications
Buffon for all his merits still is dodgy with PK's...Will this always be his Achilles heel?
Trezeguet needs to see a shrink...His morale is lower than reptile's belly!
Amauri needs to up his game...There's gotta be more to being Brazilian forward than being able to hold up the ball at the corner-flag/near the touchline or towering headers(FFS,u're a 6 footer!!)
Giovinco's frailty is beginning to worry me

Melo,Zebina,Tiago, Diego,Salihamidzic, Camoranesi and C.Zanetti can come away with their heads held high and looking to better things

EVERYBODY else needs to buckle-up

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Yeah, pocket change :D

Well, i can't find positives in how Del Piero took a decisive penalty. It was really unprofessional, but at least we're now sure that he won't be trying anything silly again in the near future.

He'll score the next 20 penalties :D
Yea for sure, I remember he missed one in a pre-season friendly against Fenerbahce too once and buried 4 PKs the following season.

Trez is opposite, always converts his in friendlies and misses the ones in CL or WC final :D

Brandmon

Juventuz irregular
Aug 13, 2008
I still don't know why people are all saying that the game was horrible. Hardly was actually. Our defense was a vast improvement from last season and our midfield dominated. Yet if we were that little bit unlucky with our finishes, would the game still be considered 'horrible'? Only Trzezguet was the problem, something Ferrara clearly would notice for future matches.

It was luck that got us this time. And honestly, I'd gladly have the lack of luck now rather than in the near future, when it really matters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)