Paulo Dybala (292 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie? ***non-official poll***

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Plenty? I hardly could think in two so could u help me with that?
I'm not talking about classical failures like Pato or Robinho here, but more about players that people expected to become regular Ballon d'Or contenders, but simply haven't, like Götze, Hazard, Reus. Even Neymar has hit some very dire form this season.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
DAT NEW CELEBRATION :tuttosport:

Initial thought was it's related to an outlaw/bandit with a bandanna over their mouth maybe?

DGAF what it is...as long as we see it plentiful times in a Juve jersey when he's banging goals in for fun!

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
I'm not talking about classical failures like Pato or Robinho here, but more about players that people expected to become regular Ballon d'Or contenders, but simply haven't, like Götze, Hazard, Reus. Even Neymar has hit some very dire form this season.
Many great players never won the Ballon d'Or like Maradona , Raul or Del Piero. As you can see the Ballon d'Or does not mean much. Hazard and Neymar fall under this category but Goetze and even Reus.
Believe Dybala has everything to be great, maybe not will the Ballon d'Or, that will depend on Juventus if the win a Champions League and I hope they do. I am sick and tired of winning the Scudetto and the Coppa Italia.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Many great players never won the Ballon d'Or like Maradona , Raul or Del Piero. As you can see the Ballon d'Or does not mean much. Hazard and Neymar fall under this category but Goetze and even Reus.
Believe Dybala has everything to be great, maybe not will the Ballon d'Or, that will depend on Juventus if the win a Champions League and I hope they do. I am sick and tired of winning the Scudetto and the Coppa Italia.
Yeah the Ballon d'Or was meant more in a figurative than a literal way, a way to say "top three player in the world". Whether he actually ends up winning it is another question, and not very important to me at all.

And as I've said already, I'd be very disappointed to see him reach anything other than WC levels, but there's no guarantee he'll become THE top forward in the world, far from it.

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
Yeah the Ballon d'Or was meant more in a figurative than a literal way, a way to say "top three player in the world". Whether he actually ends up winning it is another question, and not very important to me at all.

And as I've said already, I'd be very disappointed to see him reach anything other than WC levels, but there's no guarantee he'll become THE top forward in the world, far from it.
Dybala is not your typical forward, the way he plays for Juve. This kid pick up ball in defense and bring them to the front. He plays more as a trequartista and than rushes to the front. See against Lazio, and that is the reason he comes short on scoring, but he is in the right spot, give him some time to adapt to that position and he will make the goals, he missed last Sunday

- - - Updated - - -

Jump og ze bridge
I do not need to jump of the Bridge my friend, I enjoy my life and do not live for Juventus.
I saw us win tonnes of scudettos, but it is the Champions League that make a team followed all over the world. In the USA more Milan supporters than Juve supporters, reason they won the CL a number of times, we only 2 times. It is time to change this.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Dybala is not your typical forward, the way he plays for Juve. This kid pick up ball in defense and bring them to the front. He plays more as a trequartista and than rushes to the front. See against Lazio, and that is the reason he comes short on scoring, but he is in the right spot, give him some time to adapt to that position and he will make the goals, he missed last Sunday

- - - Updated - - -

I do not need to jump of the Bridge my friend, I enjoy my life and do not live for Juventus.
I saw us win tonnes of scudettos, but it is the Champions League that make a team followed all over the world. In the USA more Milan supporters than Juve supporters, reason they won the CL a number of times, we only 2 times. It is time to change this.
True, but...that doesn't conflict with what I said in any way, or am I missing something here? :D

I wasn't talking about best forward just in terms of goals if that's what you mean.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Ok. I was thinking in forwards only so I would include Ballo&El Emperador Adriano. IMO Pato never looked withthe potential to become a ballon d'or contender. Ney and Hazard shouldn't being in a list that include always-injured-Reus and Dortmund-is-my-ceiling- Gotze.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 286)