Paulo Dybala - ST - Palermo (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Sounds like a good deal
8M bonus related is good since its like saying to Zamp - You say he is the new Messi well if you believe in him that much than the you shouldnt worry about the 8M bonus as you can consider it yours

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That would be great,only if he reaches high numbers or so then we should pay the bonus money.
Sound good.Hopefully true.:xfinger:
I'd like to see more deals like this in football, from all clubs. Less initial capital outlay, and more dependence on performance-rated bonuses. I mean, a happy medium has to be found, but 30-40 mil deals for players with big potential, but not at all established yet, shouldn't happen. 25-30 mil +5-10mil in bonuses for excellent performance is very appropriate.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
In any case, I do believe that people are going to be disapoointed from him next season. I don't expect any miracles from him next year in terms of impact, best case scenario is something similar to what Morata did this year. In my opinion he's a great long-term investment that could still pay dividends in 8,9 years.

Aug 26, 2014
Go jihad on his ass?

He's not going to flop. Double digit goals and assists for 7 straight years in Juve jersey. 6 scudetti in those 7 years, and 2 CL titles. Will score the winning goal in 2021 CL final. Assist winning goal in 2018 CL final.

Juventus to move to .500 in CL finals by 2021. 5 wins, 5 losses! :tuttosport:
Your crystal ball seems to be broken.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
In any case, I do believe that people are going to be disapoointed from him next season. I don't expect any miracles from him next year in terms of impact, best case scenario is something similar to what Morata did this year. In my opinion he's a great long-term investment that could still pay dividends in 8,9 years.
As I said, he will play a primary role in Juventus Champion's League titles of 2018 and 2021.

I'm think somewhere in the realm of 10-15 goals + 5-10 assists in all competitions next year. Probably in the lower end of both those ranges. I'd be very satisfied with a 12 goal-7 assist campaign from him in his first year here. Somewhat similar to Morata with his 12 goals-4 assists so far.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
i can't believe the phobia that iturbe created it here :D
It's a bit silly given the bigger problems at Roma that are causing the team as a whole to underperform.

If Iturbe was doing badly when all around him were doing well, it'd be more understandable to worry about Iturbe's poor season.

But, given that Iturbe and Dybala are very different players, it still wouldn't make much sense.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
His greatest asset is his intelligence, something rare nowadays. That's why stats don't tell the whole story, specially related to this guy. And he clearly is a very confident person, he seems to have the needed personality to play and shine at a giant club. Stats also don't tell this.

The price is very steep, but if Juventus want to sign the guy now it is what it is. We are overpaying to secure it now. We could maybe hardball Zamparini and wait till the end of the mercato to sign him for 20M. But this would be a low chance possibility, since in all likelihood PSG would come calling with a stupid offer. And Inter was really pushing for him as well (maybe only to inflate the price). Even Roma could be a contender later in the market, after they sell Pjanic and Nainggolan.

So I understand why Marotta did this, and in view of the fact that he's a player with rare characteristics (intelligence, great passing, vision, personality) willing to play for us, I think he's doing the right thing. Creative players are such a rare breed nowadays in football. With Pogba and Tevez on the verge of leaving, this team will need creativity to come from other players. Dybala is one of them.

I don't know if he will explode, but chances of a complete flop are low, because intelligence, vision and confidence are very solid features. Even if he becomes only a rotation player, we can definitely get 20M + back later on a sell.

And his salaries are realitively low.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Why? We will win 2015, as in this year. In 2018. And in 2021. 5 CL titles!!!

Rugani, Pogba, Morata, Dybala as the core of the team for the future titles...
@zizinho @Hustini @AlexJuventino

...and for kicks:
@Klin
but i want next seasons final at San Siro :excited: having Moratti with his buddy Thohir, joined by Berlusconi with the chinese thats gonna buy Milan, watching us defend the CL title at their stadium, while their clubs are battling for 10th place in Serie A would be truly epic and majestic. that would be the best thing to ever happen to football

:tuttosport:
@Fr3sh what do you think?

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
I think the 8m "difficult to reach" bonus is just a way for both parties to save face.

This way Zamparini looks like he got the 40m he was demanding while we really bought him on our terms.

Its a win win situation. :beppe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)