Paolo De Ceglie (8 Viewers)

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Last season wasn't so bad. At least, as said, he worked hard, and improved as the season was advancing.

I'd keep him, we'll need him when Asamoah has to leave to the African Nations Cup. Just in case we don't sign someone else.
Or we could just play 4-3-3 with Chiellini on the LB...

He has the same problem as Litch, he's not a LWB/RWB, he is a LB, and doesn't has the hability and the knowledge to attack, though some of his crosses are better than Asamoah's ones.
And defensively I'd say he just does his work, but nothing remarkable.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
He has the same problem as Litch, he's not a LWB/RWB, he is a LB
I'd say he's more a wing back than a full back. His problem is that he's just not very good. I'd think everyone had hopes that he would develop but it just hasn't happened and the ship has sailed. He's not an awful player but he belongs in a mid-table team.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
I'd say he's more a wing back than a full back. His problem is that he's just not very good. I'd think everyone had hopes that he would develop but it just hasn't happened and the ship has sailed. He's not an awful player but he belongs in a mid-table team.
I agree. He's 26, the ship sailed a while ago. Even when most of the great defenders in the world are old he haven't showed whar's necessary to be a starter in our squad and I don't see a much better De Ceglie in the future than the one we saw last season.

I'd rather keep him for now, just in case, but if we find a young LWB with lots of potencial then sign him and say goodbye to De Ceglie.

Nov 17, 2012
As far as I'm concerned, Asamoah will be vacating Juventus for some time due to the African Nations Cup. Hence Juventus should put PDC up for sale during the transfer window, bring Criscito back from Russia (I mean ffs, he's wasted at Zenit!!), and then we can cycle Criscito and Caceres (perhaps using Giak at a a stretch) at LWB with Licht and Isla (along with Caceres and Pepe when need be) will be able to cycle at RWB.. PDC just isn't going to cut is as a talented and well rounded full/wing back.. He's is a long way off being a versatile and effective package; in fact, I'd class him as a glorified left midfielder with a small amount of defensive capability (more so than say... Martinez)...

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
De Ceglie, Pepe and Giaccherini aren't bad as LWB for Serie A. Caceres and Isla can also contribute on the left if needed. We don't need to waste money on anything other than a great striker.

By the time we start the KO stages of CL, Asamoah would be ready to return after the AFCON.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)